Nurse moving to aus

Old Oct 15th 2013, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

katie12345 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurse moving to aus

Hi im a 23 yearold mental health nurse currently working in the uk. I am considering moving to australia but dont have a clue where the best place to move would be. I would be moving alone. Are there any people in a similar situation who have moved out alone? Where would they reccomend? Also would it be difficult tto manage with just one wage? Thanks in advance
Old Oct 15th 2013, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nurse moving to aus

Have you got Australian Nursing registration? You need it b4 you can practice in Oz.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by katie12345
Hi im a 23 yearold mental health nurse currently working in the uk. I am considering moving to australia but dont have a clue where the best place to move would be. I would be moving alone. Are there any people in a similar situation who have moved out alone? Where would they reccomend? Also would it be difficult tto manage with just one wage? Thanks in advance
You don't have enough experience for a permanent visa and it would be difficult for you to get a 457 visa. If I was you I would get a "working holiday visa" and come out on that. Google it. Join an agency or the casual pool at a hospital and see what happens. Maybe they will eventually sponsor you If you are good enough.

If I was you I'd start in Sydney, usually have work and you'd ,likely meet new people in similar situation as yourself. Not as easy as it used to be to find work, Oz has been swamped by MH nurses last 5 years, but If you're good enough you should.

Good luck

Adrian
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm advertising MHN roles on the Sunshine Coast, but they will be gone very soon as they are extremely popular. You will need to register in Oz, after which you have 12 months to find a job and move. The jobs I'm recruiting for require 2 years post graduate experience in the role. Most hospitals in the private sector will sponsor, but generally, Public Hospitals are not doing that at the moment, due to large numbers of Aussie graduates without a position.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

arsijust17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys can you please tell me the procedure of holiday work visa?
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

First, you need to get your Australian Registration sorted as this can take quite a while. Once you have it, you can either join an agency in Oz, or get a WHV (you can do this online), and look for a job once you arrive in Oz. A WHV only allows you to work for one employer for 6 months. When that is up, you need to find another job. However, some hospitals may sponsor you to a 457 visa during the 6 months period that you work for them.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

amomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really nice

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
You don't have enough experience for a permanent visa and it would be difficult for you to get a 457 visa. If I was you I would get a "working holiday visa" and come out on that. Google it. Join an agency or the casual pool at a hospital and see what happens. Maybe they will eventually sponsor you If you are good enough.

If I was you I'd start in Sydney, usually have work and you'd ,likely meet new people in similar situation as yourself. Not as easy as it used to be to find work, Oz has been swamped by MH nurses last 5 years, but If you're good enough you should.

Good luck

Adrian
It wouldn't be that difficult to get a 457 visa from the UK, I work in Sydney and our ward has a good few who have came straight over on that visa.

Anyway, working holiday visa is probably the best as it's the quickest to get and you don't need a job for it be approved. Like I said, I work in Sydney and we regularly have agency nurses doing shifts in the various acute psych wards, jobs come up during the year as well if you wanted to stay longer
Old Jan 14th 2014, 12:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arsijust17
Guys can you please tell me the procedure of holiday work visa?
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/417.aspx
Old Jan 14th 2014, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Faybee14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurse moving to aus

Hello everyone i am new on here and i am currently working as an orthopeadic nurse in the UK and i am in the process of registering with AHPRA and was collecting the relevant documents i just am not sure what i should include as CPD ,hope to hear from you soon thanks xx
Old Jan 17th 2014, 6:56 pm
Shaun

picto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

You should include what you would with the NMC!
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

SRL30 is an unknown quantity at this point

In response to showing all your CPD and registering with AHPRA, does this mean that you would have to show all your cerficates in manual handling, cannulation, NG tube insertion and so on, AND then get them ceritified with a solicitor/Australian Commonwealth employee?

Would be great to hear everyone's thoughts, as it seems it is going to cost a fortune to get all these documents approved -

With all the CPD documents, ID docs, English language docs etc it seems that the cost of ceritifcation is going to be about £400!

PLease help,

Steph
Old Jan 25th 2014, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SRL30
With all the CPD documents, ID docs, English language docs etc it seems that the cost of ceritifcation is going to be about £400!

PLease help,
Steph
Try your local police station or magistrates court for getting your docs certified. They may do them for free x