Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations
Reload this Page >

NSW Nursing registration - problem with marriage certificate

NSW Nursing registration - problem with marriage certificate

Old Aug 23rd 2009, 12:34 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default NSW Nursing registration - problem with marriage certificate

I am posting this on behalf of the S-I-L, who is now living over here in Australia.

She is a nurse (quite some years qualified - over 10), and they have successfully got their visa earlier this year.

She is trying to get her registration sorted out with the NSW board. They have told her that her marriage certificate is incorrect. This is the only marrigae certificate that my brother and his wife got when they married in church. It was good enough for the visa process, but the NSW nursing board have said it is not acceptable. They have also mentioned something about her transcripts. My S-I-L got in touch with the main governing body, who she sent the original ones to for her visa (sorry, I don't know all the names/organisations etc). The guy there told her that NSW are a pain to get registration with, they are the worst one, and mentioned getting registered with another state and then have it transferred, as they can't refuse your registration then. He said he would get the documents send to NSW board.

However, the issue of the marriage certificate has not been resolved. How can you produce an alternative marriage certificate, if this is the one that was given to them when they got married? Like I have stated, it was okay for the visa process, so why the problem with the NSW nursing board? Poor S-I-L has got a couple of job offers, but is having this problem

Has anybody else come across this problem, and if so, what did you do to overcome it?

Please excuse my ignorance on the correct nursing terminolgy/correct nursing organisations - I am just an ignorant non nursing person
Old Aug 29th 2009, 1:40 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NSW Nursing registration - problem with marriage certificate

..............anybody?
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:15 am
Just Joined

miagalore is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: NSW Nursing registration - problem with marriage certificate

Hi!! sorry your friend is having such a problem. have they said exactly what is wrong with the certificate??, is there a minor difference in details etc. I have been married and like you said they only issue one certificate. however when I got married my to be husband needed a copy of his birth certificate he rather suprisingly found out he had actually been registered in a different first name, apparently there had been a disagreement between his mom and dad what he should be called??!! This caused a bit of confusion at first, I'm sure it's not this in your case but it just shows you what surprises pop up when dealing with official documents!! hope she manages to get it sorted!!!