NSW Nursing and Midwifery Board

Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road
Default NSW Nursing and Midwifery Board

Hi, has anybody experienced delays in their registration with these?? Its just that we put in our initial application back at beginning of Jan, then was asked for additional information back in 18th Feb. I rang them tonight and all i got was, "yes weve assessed it and its in the process of registration". I asked what this meant and she just repeated it. I then said does that mean we should get something in the post soon?...reply "Yes" I think I got through to the Stepford Wives Registration Board Why dont people go out of their way anymore to really help people its such an effort these days.

Anyway, basically, its now been over 3 months (13 Weeks) and still nothing. Is this usual?. I have booked a Reccie to Perth in OCt, and we need this back, then the ANMC, then the application, and the visa before then..is it going to happen? Sorry to sound off, just frustrated. I need some Karma (hint)
Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Re: NSW Nursing and Midwifery Board

Originally Posted by tonyclark
Hi, has anybody experienced delays in their registration with these?? Its just that we put in our initial application back at beginning of Jan, then was asked for additional information back in 18th Feb. I rang them tonight and all i got was, "yes weve assessed it and its in the process of registration". I asked what this meant and she just repeated it. I then said does that mean we should get something in the post soon?...reply "Yes" I think I got through to the Stepford Wives Registration Board Why dont people go out of their way anymore to really help people its such an effort these days.

Anyway, basically, its now been over 3 months (13 Weeks) and still nothing. Is this usual?. I have booked a Reccie to Perth in OCt, and we need this back, then the ANMC, then the application, and the visa before then..is it going to happen? Sorry to sound off, just frustrated. I need some Karma (hint)
Hi

See my timeline. My understanding is that the nursing board of NSW are notoriously slow. Barring a disaster, you registration will be on its way.

Paul
Old Apr 6th 2005, 3:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Hi

See my timeline. My understanding is that the nursing board of NSW are notoriously slow. Barring a disaster, you registration will be on its way.

Paul
Took me 20 minutes over the counter in Sydney.

Renewed in January and it took a couple of weeks by post.

NSW are usually quick. It sounds like something has gone wrong.

G
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Try the thread NSW REGISTRATION in the nursing section, tells you a bit more.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...w+registration
Old Apr 9th 2005, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paulb
Try the thread NSW REGISTRATION in the nursing section, tells you a bit more.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...w+registration
Hi , from an original question in December , here's my reply. Hope it helps.
All the best,
Tass.

Sorry have just seen this . The NSW board work like a wages department, they have a cut off date mid month. If your application is in before say for example , the 12th of the month , you will get it back at the end of that month. If however , your application reaches them after that day then you have to wait till the end of the NEXT month. The reason for this is they have every certificate issued personally signed and approved by the "board".A few weeks later they will send you an authority to practise P.I.N. card.
How do I know this ? Well , i applied 2 days after my husband and had to wait an extra six weeks ! It was all approved but just awaiting the certificates. If I was you , I would phone them and ask , like I did and if there isn't enough time for it to be sent to the U.K. before you leave , write them a letter and change your address to your sisters over here and it will be here waiting for you.Make sure you do that anyway before you leave the UK so that your P.I.N. card is sent to you in Australia.
Don't worry , after full ANC assessment , it's really just a formality registering with the board.
Hope this helps ,

All the best ,

Tass.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road

Got our Reg today, thanks for the advice etc
Now for the ANMC Modified Assessment
Old Apr 20th 2005, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tonyclark
Got our Reg today, thanks for the advice etc
Now for the ANMC Modified Assessment
Thats good news, modified assessment has speeded up recently, so get the main application started ASAP!!