A not so good update (sorry)

Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all
Default Re: A not so good update (sorry)

Originally Posted by annqldau
Cheers Paul thought I was going to miss the pizza there...phew!!!
PMSL!!!
Old Mar 6th 2006, 5:20 pm
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gary&Family
Well, lots to say but not enough time (I'm in the library for net access at the moment and I've got to go and meet Sally and the kids shortly).

I'm afraid the news from me isn't good, because I am really struggling with everything.
I've never been a person to be homesick, and have moved around lots, but this is really killing me. We've not even been here a week and already I want to go home.

Just to get things into perspective, I wasn't expecting Oz to be Little Britain with a better climate and knew that everything would be vastly different.
I knew there would be a long period of time needed to settle in. I was someone who laughed at people who didn't give the new life at least 6 months before going home and swore I'd never do that.

And now I know exactly how they felt.

There are lots of great things about Brisbane (and Australia) that I like (even despite the weather at the moment).

But there are a million and one things wrong.

I've woken up every day at 3 in the morning, unable to get back to sleep, worrying that I've made the biggest mistake of my life - giving up security and dragging my family half way across the world. Pacing the floor wondering what to do next.

The sensible side says give it way more time, don't be so silly.

The emotional side says run home with tail between legs.

Hopefully, I'll settle down a bit before I end up booking the return flights.

Sorry to bring a downer to everything. I just can't help how I'm feeling at the moment. I'm trying desperately to be positve, but am failing at present.

I just don't know why I feel like this. I lived and breathed this move for so long and was absolutely positive and certain 100% throughout.

My leaving party was definately very sad and I was gutted to say goodbye to my best mate at the airport, but I still remained positive about the move. Then suddenly, around the second day here, things started to feel so very wrong.

Enough of my rambling, I'll post again soon.
bloody hell Gary, I bet you feel like shit at the mo.....but hey young man, keep your chin up and remember all those reasons why you wanted to go to Australia for in the first place. I'm sure once you get over the jet lag you'll feel loads better.(if that doesn't work get pissed instead).

keep us updated on how your getting on.

take care

Tracey xx
Old Mar 6th 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

You know Gary, it took me a good 9 months or so to get over the initial homesickness when we first came to Sydney.

You have just been through a huge uplift in your lift alone all the months (years?)of planning it takes a long while for your mind to adjust and I am sorry but one week in, you are bound to feel like crap.

Basically I had to tell myself that it wasn'ta life sentence and that at the end of the day if I needed to go home I would...that way it didn't feel that I had come all the way to Oz without no get out clause.

I have been here just over a year and I really love it. I am not saying I would never go back to the UK but I enjoy here so much more and I am just starting to wake up and say "bloody hell I live here!!!" (cos its beautiful where I live)...

Give yourself a break Gary and chill...give yourself at least 6 good months to settle in....and once you start finding friends and a routine then it will get better...one week in you've probably not found a routine of things yet, you probably hate the shops and hate the sound of the different birds...but six months in it will be different...

good luck and just chill a little
Old Mar 7th 2006, 2:07 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone noticed that the only person not posting on here is Gary??? Maybe he has already left for the UK... .
Old Mar 7th 2006, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Has anyone noticed that the only person not posting on here is Gary??? Maybe he has already left for the UK... .
Was thinking that myself :scared:
Old Mar 7th 2006, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paulb
Was thinking that myself :scared:
COME BACK GARY!!!! YOU HAVEN'T TASTED MY PIZZA YET!!!!!

I think he's only got net access in the library, he'll be right with us soon (I hope!)
Old Mar 7th 2006, 5:19 am

There was me being cynical and think he was off down the Quantas office... .
Old Mar 7th 2006, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

There was me being cynical and think he was off down the Quantas office... .
he he he poor gary!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:34 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gary&Family
Well, lots to say but not enough time (I'm in the library for net access at the moment
Enough of my rambling, I'll post again soon.

LOL I think this is answer......hopefully
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
LOL I think this is answer......hopefully

gary, just caught the thread, sory you're not feeling too good or positive about things at the moment, i can only go along with the advice tha others have given you, try and give it time!

i hope this week things become a little easier, take one day at a time, and believe me, you wouldnt want to be here at the moment, its cold, grey, miserable and raining!!

good luck mate, hey i didnt know about claires whizz pizza, i cant wait till we get there now
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debbiemc
gary, just caught the thread, sory you're not feeling too good or positive about things at the moment, i can only go along with the advice tha others have given you, try and give it time!

i hope this week things become a little easier, take one day at a time, and believe me, you wouldnt want to be here at the moment, its cold, grey, miserable and raining!!

good luck mate, hey i didnt know about claires whizz pizza, i cant wait till we get there now

My pizza is the talk of the town!!! PMSL!!!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:46 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo2

do you want to share your recipe or is it top secret? lol
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Think I did just put another post about it on the other thread... .

It better be worth waiting for and sure the drink will make it taste better... .
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:26 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh gary what a load of crap- poor you carrying the load like this.....................I can only agree with what others have said, it sounds as though you have been hit with the dreaded jet lag, and just maybe with some good sleep inside of you,. you may feel abit better..............and also the weather, i believe is cooling a little!

just remember the reasons why you went there and hang on to those, it is not that rosy here either..........remember that

goodluck gary and family

when im there, if i ever sell the house i will meet up with you............

goodluck

mand
Old Mar 10th 2006, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Come on gary...where are you mate?
We wanted to invite you to a party tomorrow!!!!!
Please get in touch, we're all worried about you mate. Did you get my PM?
Claire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.