Is it normal to panic!!

Old Jun 12th 2005, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all
Default Re: Is it normal to panic!!

Originally Posted by tinkerbell

Claire,
I don't think it's a good idea to send medicals without a case number. Hang in there and I'm sure you will hear something after the weekend.

We've just booked medicals for August 2nd at Nottingham, the receptionist said they couldn't fit us in until July 19th, which in itself is not a problem, so we've gone for a later appointment. Hoping the med request may have come through by then.
keep us posted on whats happening,

Tinkaxx

Oh the waiting is killing me!!!!!
I have just realised it's a bank holiday on Monday in Oz for the Queens B'day, so the next working day is Tuesday! I can't cope with the anticipation. Every morning when I wake, the first thing I do is switch on the computer and check my email. It's guaranteed disappointment, and starts my day on a real low. I'm going to have to try and stop this thing taking over my life, but how???? Who knows?
Old Jun 12th 2005, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Yep, $1845 taken on 2nd June....buts where's my case file no so that I can send my meds??!! I have emailed them to ask for one.
Thanks for your help Guys!
Hi
This might not make you feel good, but I waited 8 weeks for a case number, didn't even get an acknowledgment before that. My agents said it is unpredictable, some get a number within days, others 2 months plus, unfortunately I was one of the latter! I too had the medicals done with the Dr holding on to them, as soon as I got case number I rang the Dr so they put the number on the meds and sent them. It is agonizing all the waiting, especially as nurses are supposed to be fast tracked. Hang in there.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 5:10 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh the waiting is killing me!!!!!
I have just realised it's a bank holiday on Monday in Oz for the Queens B'day, so the next working day is Tuesday! I can't cope with the anticipation. Every morning when I wake, the first thing I do is switch on the computer and check my email. It's guaranteed disappointment, and starts my day on a real low. I'm going to have to try and stop this thing taking over my life, but how???? Who knows?
Listen Claire just phone Dr's and get them to hold on to meds for time being. It dosen't matter when you send them - don't know if you remember but my meds were meant to be sent unrequested within the 1st 3-4 weeks of my application being submitted but my rubbish panel Dr somehow left them sitting on her desk for 2 months despite me phoning in with a case no at the start - I only found out this when I e-mailed dimia to check if meds had been recieved and they said no!!!!! after many calls to the Dr's re. tracking them a week later I got a call from Dr's surgery saying they were still on the Dr's desk and them denying all knowledge of me phoning with case number

At that point they sent them - I informed dimia that meds were now on their way (still hadn't had med request at the 11 week mark) and my visa was granted week 12 day 1!!!!! So good timing and made no difference - just good for them to get there at the point where they would normally request meds (week 10-12) It means they go straight on to final decision without having to contact you.

Don't worry it will all work out - just double check with Dr to explain and make sure they hold on to them.

Lynn x
Old Jun 12th 2005, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Listen Claire just phone Dr's and get them to hold on to meds for time being. It dosen't matter when you send them - don't know if you remember but my meds were meant to be sent unrequested within the 1st 3-4 weeks of my application being submitted but my rubbish panel Dr somehow left them sitting on her desk for 2 months despite me phoning in with a case no at the start - I only found out this when I e-mailed dimia to check if meds had been recieved and they said no!!!!! after many calls to the Dr's re. tracking them a week later I got a call from Dr's surgery saying they were still on the Dr's desk and them denying all knowledge of me phoning with case number

At that point they sent them - I informed dimia that meds were now on their way (still hadn't had med request at the 11 week mark) and my visa was granted week 12 day 1!!!!! So good timing and made no difference - just good for them to get there at the point where they would normally request meds (week 10-12) It means they go straight on to final decision without having to contact you.

Don't worry it will all work out - just double check with Dr to explain and make sure they hold on to them.

Lynn x
Thanks for your replies. I am so inpatient, that's the problem!

How are you getting on with your packing Lynn?
Old Jun 12th 2005, 9:15 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replies. I am so inpatient, that's the problem!

How are you getting on with your packing Lynn?
Still got loads to do but getting there now! Thanks for asking!

Lynn x