Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:38 am
Just Joined

leahh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie

Hi all!

I'm new to this site so thought I'd introduce myself and ask for some help at the same time!!

I'm 24 and am a Community Learning Disability Nurse with children I've been qualified just over six months now. Myself, partner and son are thinking of moving to Australia (thinking of the south east sort of area!) We have only just started looking into this and was wondering if you could point us in the direction of some reliable sources of straightforward information!!

I have tried searching for Learning Disability Nursing vacancies and also Developmental Disability Nursing but have found no vacancies, please could anyone advise what my options would be for finding a nursing vacancy of this type?

Sorry for the long first post, but there are so many questions to ask!!!!

Thank you

Leah
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:24 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie

Originally Posted by leahh
Hi all!

I'm new to this site so thought I'd introduce myself and ask for some help at the same time!!

I'm 24 and am a Community Learning Disability Nurse with children I've been qualified just over six months now. Myself, partner and son are thinking of moving to Australia (thinking of the south east sort of area!) We have only just started looking into this and was wondering if you could point us in the direction of some reliable sources of straightforward information!!

I have tried searching for Learning Disability Nursing vacancies and also Developmental Disability Nursing but have found no vacancies, please could anyone advise what my options would be for finding a nursing vacancy of this type?

Sorry for the long first post, but there are so many questions to ask!!!!

Thank you

Leah

'Learning disability nurse' does not exist in Australia.

G
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:57 am
Just Joined

leahh is an unknown quantity at this point

So does that mean that I could not work in Australia as a nurse then?
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:04 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leahh
So does that mean that I could not work in Australia as a nurse then?
You would probably be able to register as an RN (there is only the RN qualification which covers several qualifications) but I am not sure if all states recognise it.....some do.

Try doing a search.......this has cropped up before.

G
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:06 am
Bitter and twisted

Look here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...sability+nurse

G
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:17 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hiya, have you looked at the aussie dept of immigration website yet? thats the best place to start ...

www.immi.gov.au

if you look at the visa options for nurses section it will give you absolutely loads of info and also a link to the aus nurses and midwifery council site (anmc) ... you could start by emailing them and asking them for advice as to where you could work in aus with your qualification
good luck and let us know how you get on
sue