NBV Registration - how long ?

Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

itsdave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NBV Registration - how long ?

Congratulations Carlap. I'm still waiting!!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Sean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really nice

Originally Posted by itsdave
Congratulations Carlap. I'm still waiting!!!
Does anyone have a recent update on processing times for NBV reg? We are due to apply tomorrow... Thanks!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

TELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the rough

Hi
No takers on this one so I thought I'd reply. Dunno what the current times are but they took my cash last July but wasn't processed till October. Please note that they are very particular that all required documents are complete and certified correctly. Give them exactly what they ask for & you'll be ok. Also, my guy was very helpful and friendly when I phoned him with a query.
Best o luck
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

SimonWoodward is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mrs posted all her documents etc to NBV on 1st October 07.

Money taken from our credit account a week later but heard nothing since, not even an acknowledgement. She has been phoning them every other week for update but was told that they have 5000 applications to process so it will take a long time. The Registration Officer can't say how much long either. So all in all, we have been waited more or less 4 months and as I write, the waiting goes on.

Do I hear someone saying Oz is short of nurses?

Simon
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:24 pm
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

Hi there,

I applied and had money debited last July but had to wait until beginning of December before Reg came through which held up issue of 457 visa. I rang NBV weekly for updates as they said they hadn't received copy of Uni transcript which was sent by the very understanding admin officer (by courier) 3 times. Guess what, when reg came through and my documents were returned there were 3 transcripts in there!!:curse:

I think they are just very busy, understaffed and disorganised so you just have to be patient. Incidently, my visa was issued within 10 mins of my forwardind reg certificate to immi and we immediately booked flights and flew out christmas day

We've been here for a month and I've been working for 2 wks and so far things are great, just have to get my head around the fact that although we all speak English and are in the same profession, I sometimes feel as though I'm using another language
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimonWoodward
Have you worked elsewhere in the world? I had to wait around 8 months for my rego in the US, and more than 4 months for the UK. I don't think the severity of the nursing shortage is tied to the length of time the rego board take
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Sean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really nice

Originally Posted by TELLYADDICT
Hi
No takers on this one so I thought I'd reply. Dunno what the current times are but they took my cash last July but wasn't processed till October. Please note that they are very particular that all required documents are complete and certified correctly. Give them exactly what they ask for & you'll be ok. Also, my guy was very helpful and friendly when I phoned him with a query.
Best o luck
Cheers - noted! I emailed them a few days ago re. timescale. Zero response.

Originally Posted by SimonWoodward
My Mrs posted all her documents etc to NBV on 1st October 07.

Money taken from our credit account a week later but heard nothing since, not even an acknowledgement. She has been phoning them every other week for update but was told that they have 5000 applications to process so it will take a long time. The Registration Officer can't say how much long either. So all in all, we have been waited more or less 4 months and as I write, the waiting goes on.

Simon
Hmmm... sounds like they are overwhelmed. 4 months is pretty grim, I can only assume that our new application will need to be put in cold storage to prevent the paper from decomposing - it might be coal by the time they read it! Is it not reasonable to think that someone in government would look at all the nurse vacancies, look at the bottleneck in NBV, then do something simple? Like give NBV more money / staff / training or whatever... rather than paying 'bribes' to get nurses who have left the system to return to it... nurses who left by choice, while an army of ready and willing applicants are held up by the system. I hope your wait is almost over, good luck!

Originally Posted by itsjulie
Hi there,

I applied and had money debited last July but had to wait until beginning of December before Reg came through which held up issue of 457 visa. I rang NBV weekly for updates as they said they hadn't received copy of Uni transcript which was sent by the very understanding admin officer (by courier) 3 times. Guess what, when reg came through and my documents were returned there were 3 transcripts in there!!:curse:

I think they are just very busy, understaffed and disorganised so you just have to be patient. Incidently, my visa was issued within 10 mins of my forwardind reg certificate to immi and we immediately booked flights and flew out christmas day

We've been here for a month and I've been working for 2 wks and so far things are great, just have to get my head around the fact that although we all speak English and are in the same profession, I sometimes feel as though I'm using another language
Hi - so thats 5ish months then? Nurse manager has advised us that the whole process (457) from telephone interview to start date will be a max 6 months.

I'm not very good at queueing-up, I can feel a headache coming on! Congrats on making it through a seemingly frustrating experience.

Thank you all for your comments, more invited!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Pinkybee is on a distinguished road

Minimum 5 months (rarely) and maximum 8. If you put in an application now you'd be in for a longer delay due to the surge in applications they get over Dec/Jan/Feb due to all the travelling nurses applying how didn't before leaving home-Happens every year.
Also a word of warning, the NBV are notorious for not updating nurses if there's a prob (a doc missing) and they usually sit on it and wait until they recieve a call from the nurse before they tell them about the prob. I suggest calling them if you haven't heard anything back within the first 4 months to check up that everything is in order
Old Feb 1st 2008, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pinkybee
Minimum 5 months (rarely) and maximum 8. If you put in an application now you'd be in for a longer delay due to the surge in applications they get over Dec/Jan/Feb due to all the travelling nurses applying how didn't before leaving home-Happens every year.
Also a word of warning, the NBV are notorious for not updating nurses if there's a prob (a doc missing) and they usually sit on it and wait until they recieve a call from the nurse before they tell them about the prob. I suggest calling them if you haven't heard anything back within the first 4 months to check up that everything is in order
Shocker! Thanks for the advice, will take on board.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:55 am
Just Joined

SimonWoodward is an unknown quantity at this point

At long last. Mrs received her registration certificate through the post today.

Altogether it took about 5 months and we thought nursing registration should be quick compare to PR visa application, which is what we need to do next.

For those who are still waiting, good luck.

Simon
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Just an update - my OH's NBV registration has just taken 6 weeks from posting the paperwork to being listed on the NBV website. Much quicker than expected, happy days!

Thanks to all on here for their advice.