British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   My experience so far - Applying to AHPRA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/my-experience-so-far-applying-ahpra-829340/)

genorm Jun 24th 2014 10:18 pm

Re: My experience so far - Applying to AHPRA

My understanding of the latest situation is this:

1. ALL O/S Registrations are being handled by Sydney office (a point someone, maybe picto mentioned previously);
2. There is a backlog which is slowly being caught up;
3. Current issues are described by AHPRA as "teething problems"
4. Everything (whatever that is) should be back to normal and states will return to processing applications by August.
5. I just looked out of my window and sw some flying pigs

Finally, in answer to someone who asked (maybe on another thread) - we have a degree Nurse receive his letter of eligibility from AHPRA this week.

Hang on folks..

picto1 Jun 26th 2014 7:15 am

Hi

I can confirm points 1, 2 and 4 on your list from my correspondence with AHPRA but not sure about point 5...:)

picto1 Jun 26th 2014 7:19 am

I guess the next question would be as to how AHPRA will assess those of us who took the enhanced pathway.

picto1 Jun 30th 2014 6:25 am

think I might look at New Zealand

jillyrj Jun 30th 2014 8:25 am

"stay optimistic" :) x

genorm Jul 1st 2014 10:46 pm

This is AHPRA's response to my latest question:

Work and Live in Aus
@lookmine

@AHPRA You asked applicant for additional evidence for criteria, but NOT Criteria 4. Registration refused due to Criteria 4 - Why?? - 01 Jul

AHPRA
@AHPRA
@lookmine unfortunately we can't discuss indiv cases - suggest you contact your case worker or send us an enquiry via web

I have sent a further set of questions and will post (any) responses here.

The fun part of this is that AHPRA don't follow me on Twitter, therefore, I'm unable to post them Private Messages - meaning the whole conversation is on the public face of Twitter.

genorm Jul 2nd 2014 8:12 pm

As expected, i didn't get any answers to points raised with AHPRA overnight. However, I have received this snippet from ANMAC.

"The ANMAC Information to Applicants document which is included with the Letter of Determination (LOD) sent to all applicants with a suitable outcome for their Full Assessment. This information sheet states that registration may not automatically be granted following an ANMAC assessment".

I have a copy of the document, and if anybody would like a copy, please email me. In the interests of preserving my current good relationship with ANMAC, I don't feel it is appropriate to post the full document here, or on any public domain for that matter.

picto1 Jul 3rd 2014 7:05 am

Good information Dave

genorm Jul 3rd 2014 7:19 am

AHPRA have now posted the AQF's on their web site. Not good news I'm afraid. Both Dipe HE and Advanced Diploma are only classed as Grade 6. They require a degree to equate to their degree which is Grade 7.

Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia - IQNM: How we use the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) to assess your qualification

picto1 Jul 3rd 2014 7:28 am

good info again but it is only a guide...

if you remember in one of the posts someone's UK Diploma came out at AQF level 6...so there's still hope.

genorm Jul 3rd 2014 7:35 am

Yes, you are right Shaun. Until a letter comes there's no point in assuming anything.

Hanny76 Jul 3rd 2014 8:03 am

Hi Sean, when did AHPRA receive your application? Just wondered how long you had been waiting now?

genorm Jul 3rd 2014 7:14 pm

Here is my latest exchange (relating to refusing Dip) with AHPRA:

Work and Live in Aus
@lookmine

@AHPRA Why didn't AHPRA tell Dip Nurses from UK this when they applied instead of taking money for a service that can't be fullfilled? - 03 Jul

@AHPRA
@lookmine All suitability requirements reviewed first followed by qual review & then a decision is made. See: bit.ly/VGqlpp (1/3)

@AHPRA
@lookmine each application assessed as a whole once all information received. This is the fastest way to a decision (2/3)

@AHPRA
@lookmine information regarding the delays can be found at bit.ly/1jLi8p1 (3/3)

I don't accept that their process IS the fastest way to a decision. When I advertise a position on Recruitment web sites, I include questions for applicants, some of which block the application at source if a critical requirement is answered wrongly. Why can't AHPRA set up a multi question "screening process" which asks critical questions about qualifications and skills prior to nurses completing (and paying for) a full application. It's not too hard to place a form on a web site, even for amateurs like me, and it should be simple for a massive organisation like AHPRA.

Their incompetence should not provide an excuse not to issue a refund, at the very least a partial one, on fees for a service not delivered.

I haven't finished with them yet and my net set of questions may also go to Australian federal and/or state ministers.

picto1 Jul 4th 2014 8:08 pm

Hi
I applied in February but I needed more information which had to be in by April. They emailed again asking for info on certain criteria...needing to reach them by June - I had it with them by the middle of May.

Although I applied in February, my full application with everything they need to make a decision has been with them since the middle of May. So I'm saying I've been waiting since then, nearly 2 months.

picto1 Jul 4th 2014 8:21 pm

Hi all

Just thought I'd share some nice news....

Back in March is sent my CV to a health service in Perth as they were going through a recruitment drive. I didn't really think I'd hear anything as I hadn't got AHPRA registration and I didn't apply for a specific job.

But...I received an email last week from the HR dept letting me know that I have been shortlisted for a position there.

I was really surprised (and excited) and the job I'm short listed for looks like the same grade I am now doing a similar job.

I'll keep you updated.

Shaun