Money!

Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Jes48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Money!

Hi again everyone,

Have posted various other threads but this is a new one for more info.

My wife Velna will be the visa applicant. She is a team leader in the operating theatres. We have just heard from one agency that she would only be able to get a Staff Nurses post as the hospitals only give senior positions to workers in the hospital.
This means she would be paid on a 1.8 scale (has 20 years in NHS!) which I believe works out at just over $1000 gross per week. What we need advice on is how much she could expect to come out with each week, including lates and weekend work.
We have been working on an average of 25% deducted for tax (including health ins minimum contribution, though we would have to increase that as I have had a heart attack in the past) would this be typical?
Also anyone any ideas on how quickly she could expect to get promotion (if she is any good of course!)
I had better say now that Velna is a fantastic Team Leader, I myself have worked under her (I have now moved hospitals!) and I was very impressed!

As usual here is my little joke in thanks for any replies.....
Man goes to doctor and says "I've got 5 willies!" Doc asks how his pants fit? man replies "Like a glove!"
Old Feb 17th 2007, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice
Default Re: Money!

I think that you have to understand that it basically works different here in Oz. Its not the UK. If she has the right studies she could go into for either CNS or she may find a position as an Educator or in a bigger hospital there may be an opening for a leader of a couple of theatres but I think that they are far and few between.

Weekend rate in NSW at my health trust are time and a half for a Saturday and then time and three quarters for a Sunday. If you work from 12-6 during the week you get another 10% and then 12% for the late shifts. Most people would work one weekend in a roster and a roster is based on a 4 week month. If you work on call then you get a couple of dollars extra per hour for being on call.

As for the pay scales try looking at www.anf.com.au as they often have pay awards listed for the different states.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Jes48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Money!

Thanks for the reply Hedgehog!

Another agency is looking into getting Velna a more Senior position, but we will wait and see. But things are looking up. We have worked out that we can just about buy a 3 bedroom house outright so I am not so worried about us being able to survive on just Velna's wage(though I imagine it will be tight and we will use up some savings) Although I do intend to work Velna would prefer that i did not for the first year so that I can be there for the kids (suits me!)