Midwifery training in Oz

Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

The Hastie Family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Midwifery training in Oz

hi everyone, I am a Registered Nurse and we are emigrating to Oz next year. I would love to do my midwifery training and wondered if anyone had any info on entry qualifications, length of course and places of study.
Thanks for any help given
Carolyn
Old Nov 26th 2004, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Red face Re: Midwifery training in Oz

Originally Posted by The Hastie Family
hi everyone, I am a Registered Nurse and we are emigrating to Oz next year. I would love to do my midwifery training and wondered if anyone had any info on entry qualifications, length of course and places of study.
Thanks for any help given
Carolyn

Hi Carolyn !
I can't believe I just threw out an advert in the local paper advertising for Registered Nurses to complete midwifery training ! It was locally based - South west Sydney and was only 1 YEAR LONG !!!
Was very tempted myself but have too much child care issues just now. Will try and find it in the recycling for you and post the details later.
Good luck and all the best, Tass.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

The Hastie Family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Midwifery training in Oz

Originally Posted by Tass
Hi Carolyn !
I can't believe I just threw out an advert in the local paper advertising for Registered Nurses to complete midwifery training ! It was locally based - South west Sydney and was only 1 YEAR LONG !!!
Was very tempted myself but have too much child care issues just now. Will try and find it in the recycling for you and post the details later.
Good luck and all the best, Tass.

Hi Tass, that sounds ideal. If you do come accross it or see anything similar then it would be much appreciated. We will probably be in either Brisbane or Adelaide areas but I expect training would be similar.
Thanks again
Carolyn
PS My one problem is that I did old style training (pre Project 2000) so don't have a Nursing Diploma or Degree. Is this likely to make a difference or would just being a Registered Nurse be enough?
Old Nov 27th 2004, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Midwifery training in Oz

Originally Posted by The Hastie Family
Hi Tass, that sounds ideal. If you do come accross it or see anything similar then it would be much appreciated. We will probably be in either Brisbane or Adelaide areas but I expect training would be similar.
Thanks again
Carolyn
PS My one problem is that I did old style training (pre Project 2000) so don't have a Nursing Diploma or Degree. Is this likely to make a difference or would just being a Registered Nurse be enough?

I too did old style training in Glasgow and had worked there for the past 10 years ! I haven't had any problems since being here , but I've only been here for 3 weeks !Will let you know .