Meds done today!

Old Sep 29th 2004, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

sue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura about
Default Meds done today!

Just an update on my meds.

Went to Manchester today to have meds done with my 12 year old daughter. Well what a performance.

Primrose you were wrong! I did have to strip down to my bloomers and 38B bra with 46DD boobs squeezed in and it was my worst nightmare come true, no it wasn't an eclipse it was me bending over to touch my toes.

Worse was to come. I had to give a urine sample and it was that time of the month (sorry guys). My daughter kindly pointed out that there was debris in my urine sample, tiny balls of toilet roll floating round, I could have died.

I had to lie on a couch semi-naked while the doctor bent my legs this way and that. Wish I hadn't wore wings today (girls will understand that) sooooo
embarrassing.

To top it all there was a problem with my x-ray and she had to do it again. God what was it TB, cancer, no I had pendulous breasts and the x-ray machine couldn't get through them to see my insides!

Getting a bottle of wine tonight, i'm so depressed. Where's that number for weight watchers?

Sue
Old Sep 29th 2004, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

fangorn1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meds done today!

Hiya,

My husband & I have got our medicals in a couple of weeks time and I am getting really worried now...haven't got the big boobs problem, I'm just a bit big everywhere else!! I am a good couple of stone overweight (BMI 29ish) and my real worry is that my BP hovers on borderline - I presume you were weighed & all that kind of thing...does the doctor comment if you are overweight at all - do you think it will be a problem? I'm just panicking that I'll be put down as Cat B cos I'm a bit chubby & have borderline BP...

Any thoughts would be much appreciated - so don't want my BP to get any higher cos I'm stressing about being a fatty!!

Originally Posted by sue_parker

Went to Manchester today to have meds done with my 12 year old daughter. Well what a performance.

Primrose you were wrong! I did have to strip down to my bloomers and 38B bra with 46DD boobs squeezed in and it was my worst nightmare come true, no it wasn't an eclipse it was me bending over to touch my toes.

Worse was to come. I had to give a urine sample and it was that time of the month (sorry guys). My daughter kindly pointed out that there was debris in my urine sample, tiny balls of toilet roll floating round, I could have died.

I had to lie on a couch semi-naked while the doctor bent my legs this way and that. Wish I hadn't wore wings today (girls will understand that) sooooo
embarrassing.

To top it all there was a problem with my x-ray and she had to do it again. God what was it TB, cancer, no I had pendulous breasts and the x-ray machine couldn't get through them to see my insides!

Getting a bottle of wine tonight, i'm so depressed. Where's that number for weight watchers?

Sue
Old Sep 29th 2004, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

sue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura about

Hi there,
I wouldn't worry too much my BMI is higher than yours. I'm 15 stone and 5'8" tall. I climb mountains for charity so I know I am fit. Just because a person is overweight it doesn't mean they are unfit.

I begged the doctor not to weigh me but he insisted. I asked him to take off two kilos for my heavy denim jeans and the top I was wearing. He said he would, just to appease me, I knew the rotter wouldn't though.

The doctor was really nice and put me at my ease. It's important to have a sense of humour and not to stress too much.

I was worried my BP would be too high and it wasn't, it should have been through the roof really, so I was surprised when he said 137/85 which is good for me when i'm stressed. They do take the stress of attending into consideration.

I think I was more stressed when I had to pay the bill!

Where are you hoping to go to in Australia?

Sue
Old Sep 29th 2004, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

fangorn1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for your reply Sue, I think I'm getting my knickers in a twist and need to just RELAX a bit, my hubbie thinks I'm crazy!

We're planning to go to Sydney (he's in IT, I'm in recruitment so there may be more opportunities there we figure. Saying that we're planning to take a couple of months off before finding new jobs and have a bit of a travel around to see if we prefer anywhere else...what about you and your daughter - where are you headed??

Hi there,
I wouldn't worry too much my BMI is higher than yours. I'm 15 stone and 5'8" tall. I climb mountains for charity so I know I am fit. Just because a person is overweight it doesn't mean they are unfit.

I begged the doctor not to weigh me but he insisted. I asked him to take off two kilos for my heavy denim jeans and the top I was wearing. He said he would, just to appease me, I knew the rotter wouldn't though.

The doctor was really nice and put me at my ease. It's important to have a sense of humour and not to stress too much.

I was worried my BP would be too high and it wasn't, it should have been through the roof really, so I was surprised when he said 137/85 which is good for me when i'm stressed. They do take the stress of attending into consideration.

I think I was more stressed when I had to pay the bill!

Where are you hoping to go to in Australia?

Sue
Old Sep 29th 2004, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there,

We are planning to go to the Brisbane area. I have two sisters out there. One lives in Kilcoy and the other lives in Redcliffe.

I really want to be out there for christmas so I hope everything moves quickly. I am planning on taking some time out before I start working.

I have already been looking at houses and schools and where the nearest hospitals are (i'm a nurse) it's all very exciting.

I feel really sorry for Ireland, did you read her thread. When I'm excited about Australia I think about how sad she must feel.

Time to open my Shiraz Cabernet. CHEERS!

SUE
Old Sep 29th 2004, 6:23 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hi Sue

When I had my meds he did a breast exam!!!!!!! Luckily he didn't do one on my 15 yr old daughter and sent her out of the room when he examined me!

Your post on the wings etc made me laugh!!!!

Still its all a stage nearer.........

Nikki x
Old Sep 29th 2004, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=nikkers]Hi Sue

Your post on the wings etc made me laugh!!!!

Hi Nikki,

I had a feeling they would do a breast examination so I had one before I went with my own doctor then I had a mammogram just to make sure everything was ok.

I think if he would have asked me to take my bra off today (besides there being two holes in the ceiling below) I would have died. My 12 year old found my embarrassment very amusing, so did the doctor especially when he said to her what shall we put down as her mental state and she said 'just mental.'

The doctor couldn't understand why I was so embarrassed, I told him it had been the first time I had stripped off in front of a man for 9 years. He went red then. Ha! Ha!

Good luck with everything nikki!

Sue

Last edited by sue_parker; Sep 29th 2004 at 6:59 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Meds done today!

Your flying without wings !!!!!!!!!!

HA HA HA HA

love Lace your sis xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 13th 2004, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=sue_parker]Just an update on my meds.

Well I am still waiting for my meds to be sent off. Everything went well until I got a phone call to say they had lost my daughters photos. Had to send some more. Then the secretary was off. Phoned today and she said they only send them on Fridays. So hopefully they will be on their way to Sydney soon. That will be everything done and dusted just have to wait for the visa.
House going up for sale at the end of the week. I am selling it with all contents. Only taking my personal stuff to Oz.

Sue
Old Oct 14th 2004, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

[QUOTE=sue_parker]

Well I am still waiting for my meds to be sent off. Everything went well until I got a phone call to say they had lost my daughters photos. Had to send some more. Then the secretary was off. Phoned today and she said they only send them on Fridays. So hopefully they will be on their way to Sydney soon. That will be everything done and dusted just have to wait for the visa.
House going up for sale at the end of the week. I am selling it with all contents. Only taking my personal stuff to Oz.

Sue
What a laugh but I bet it wasnt funny for you still its great that you can share it with us
The doctor we had in Manchester couldnt get us in and out fast enough we had all practiced touching our toes worried about whether we would be flying with wings etc but I ended up being his assistant (there were 5 of us) doing the heights and weights etc he was quite cross that I had put on my form that I had a breast lump removed as it meant he had to get the histology (he actually asked me to use what Influence i could to get it sent to him so i took the letter myself) I didnt have a breast exam !! 1 wee sample not tested I had to change the spelling on the blood forms and bottles for daughter as he got it wrong
anyway it was cheap at half the price £865 I just hope he managed to post everything off to the right place !!
Sue I think you are very brave selling house lock stock and barrel where Up North are you
Love mary
Old Oct 14th 2004, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

where Up North are you
Love mary[/QUOTE]

Hi Mary,

I live in the Greater Manchester area. I am starting packing tonight with my daughter. We are going to get rid of stuff we don't want (my sister is doing a car boot on Sunday) and we are packing her toys and the stuff she wants to take. Everything will be sent to my sisters' house in Oz in the next few weeks. All the fixtures, fittings, furniture, everything is being sold with the house. Going to start completely anew.

Where abouts in Brisbane are you going? Do you have family over there?

Sue
Old Oct 14th 2004, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Jacs will become famous soon enoughJacs will become famous soon enough

Hi,
had a giggle at your exploits, put me out of my misery why did you have your legs bent and moved? sounds a bit odd to me.
It appears some Drs are doing what they want to and just taking the money. I really don't know why a normal GP can't do it after all they know you better and it will probably be cheaper our GPs charge about £30-40 for meds and they are just as professional!
Havn't had ours yet by the sounds of it will be an experiance
at least its one less thing to do wings or not!!!
Jackie
Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

why did you have your legs bent and moved? Jackie[/QUOTE]

Hi Jackie,

The doctor said it was to check my joints and I had to bend over with him behind so he could check my spine. WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue
Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice
Talking Re: Meds done today!

where Up North are you
Love mary
Hi Mary,

I live in the Greater Manchester area. I am starting packing tonight with my daughter. We are going to get rid of stuff we don't want (my sister is doing a car boot on Sunday) and we are packing her toys and the stuff she wants to take. Everything will be sent to my sisters' house in Oz in the next few weeks. All the fixtures, fittings, furniture, everything is being sold with the house. Going to start completely anew.

Where abouts in Brisbane are you going? Do you have family over there?

Sue[/QUOTE]

Hiya Sue we are hoping to go inner north going to look in Feb and start emailing CV to prospective employers next few weeks. No visa yet but risking it and packing
Going to do the car boot at Chelford on Sunday feel its really happening
Anyway.
We should have a Northwest meet uo before everyone goes Ang and Rick are up for it look out for a post if youre interested enjoy the packing love mary
Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

We should have a Northwest meet uo before everyone goes Ang and Rick are up for it look out for a post if youre interested enjoy the packing love mary[/QUOTE]

Hi Mary,

Where is the North West meet. I would love to come.

Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.