Mater hospital townsville

Old Apr 28th 2008, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Steveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the rough
Default Mater hospital townsville

Hi

I have just attended an interview in London for a job at the Mater Hospital in Townsville and was successful in being offered a job. Is there anyone else going out to work for Mater, or anyone currently working there? Any information would be great and anyone else going would be good to keep in touch with. I have a husband and daughter(9) who are very excited about going.

Any advice would be welcome.

Clare
Old Apr 28th 2008, 12:56 pm
Danny

drdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mater hospital townsville

Hi Clare,

Well done on the job. I'm not working at the Mater but just to say hi from another brit in Townsville. It's a good place - we've been here since January this year and are loving it. I rough it down at the public hospital, but don't hold that against me!

When I came for interview last year I took some pics of Townsville that might interest you. Also some others more recently.

Anyway, best of luck with the move etc. I have a Katy who is 10 and Isaac, 7. Oh, and the mrs who I'm not allowed to age-drop, Emma!

See you.
Danny

Originally Posted by Steveclare
Hi

I have just attended an interview in London for a job at the Mater Hospital in Townsville and was successful in being offered a job. Is there anyone else going out to work for Mater, or anyone currently working there? Any information would be great and anyone else going would be good to keep in touch with. I have a husband and daughter(9) who are very excited about going.

Any advice would be welcome.

Clare
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Steveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the rough

Hi Danny

I am very pleased to hear that you like Townsville. Do your kids like it and what are the schools like?

Thanks
Clare
Old Apr 28th 2008, 8:34 pm
Danny

drdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud of

Hi Danny

I am very pleased to hear that you like Townsville. Do your kids like it and what are the schools like?

Thanks
Clare
The kids love it. They are at Townsville Grammar which was recommended to us before we came over, so we got them registered before arriving & they started at the beginning of term. It is very good but I don't know much about the other schools in the area, so not able to comment on comparisons.

Last edited by drdan; Apr 28th 2008 at 8:36 pm.
Old May 3rd 2008, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Hi Danny

Have looked at the link for Townsville Grammer School, it looked good and my daughter thinks so to. What are the fees like?

Thanks
Clare
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:42 am
Danny

Fees are $5564 per academic year for your daughter's age, going up to about $7k in the top years of high school. Fees paid each term (4 per year).

Rgds,
Danny.

Hi Danny

Have looked at the link for Townsville Grammer School, it looked good and my daughter thinks so to. What are the fees like?

Thanks
Clare

Last edited by drdan; May 3rd 2008 at 11:43 am. Reason: fixed a missing apostrophe - yes I'm one of those annoying grammar anals!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

zoe_email_uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Clare, tell me how is the Mater in Townsville, i am moving out with my partner and two children, we arrive on new years eve, and apparently we are staying near the Pimlico base of the Mater and i will be working at the Hyde Park Base as i am a childrens nurse. Hoping to enrol children at Hermit Park primary school they are 7 and 9 years old, any ideas what its like, what the arrival accomodation is like etc? Any help would be appreciated.
zoe
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Zoe
We are just about to go so can't really give you any information at the mo.
We are flying out on the 14th Oct, house is being packed tomorrow and Friday so my nerves are starting to fray.
I noticed you have a 9 year old, my daughter is 9 so will be good to get together.

I will keep in touch and let you know how things are going.

See you on the other side

Good Luck
Clare
will PM you my new email address
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Fantastic. Good luck, enjoy the flight!!Hope to hear from you soon and we can arrange a meet when i get there. zoe
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Clare, forgot to say my 9 year old is a girl and the 7 year old is a boy.Sure they will be very happy to meet, take care. zoe
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

sounds good, will PM you when the system is running again. Will definately keep in touch.

Clare
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Hi,
I have accepted a job with one of the Mater Hospitals in Qld.
Can anyone tell me what 'relocation package' they have been offered?
HKA
x
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
It depends on what hospital you are going too, as the one in Brisbane and the one in Townsville are not connected.
I have been offered my flight, registration fees, accomodation when we first get there and then $150 per week for 6 months towards rent.

But this depends on which hospital you are going.

Hope this helps
Clare