Mater hospital brisbane

Old Apr 6th 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

jo rizo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mater hospital brisbane

HI WENT TO THE EXPO AT LEEDS, ON SAT. ARRANGED AN INTERVIEW FOR THURSDAY, FOR A MIDWIFERY JOB, CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS PLACE IS LIKE? THE POTENTIAL FOR 10K DELIVERS PA REALLY DOES NOT SOUND FUN?? BUT THE NURSE/MIDWIFE I SPOKE WITH SOUNDED ENTHUSIASTIC (BUT SHE WAS TRYING TO SELL THE PLACE), THERE ARE JOBS GOING AT THE PRIVATE HOSPITAL AT REDLANDS MUCH SMALLER BUT BEING PRIVATE ITS CONSULTANT LED, ANY COMMENTS??
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mater hospital brisbane

hi
cant gie u any info on hospital, jsut wanted to say i might see you there on thursday i have an interview for a theatre nurse.. quite fancy the mater mothers myself.

good look
what time is your interview mines 1pm

debbie
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Try PM-ing Mrs JFW as she works there

Gaynor

ps hi jakster ifyou reply to this one
xxx
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by debbieuk
hi
cant gie u any info on hospital, jsut wanted to say i might see you there on thursday i have an interview for a theatre nurse.. quite fancy the mater mothers myself.

good look
what time is your interview mines 1pm

debbie
mines 11am, good luck!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Try PM-ing Mrs JFW as she works there

Gaynor

ps hi jakster ifyou reply to this one
xxx
thanks for that have done it cheers
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

Hi,Jo and Debbie. Is it this Thurs you've got your interviews? I've got one for 1pm Thurs 17th in London for the Mater. Good luck, let us know how you get on
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dandan1
Hi,Jo and Debbie. Is it this Thurs you've got your interviews? I've got one for 1pm Thurs 17th in London for the Mater. Good luck, let us know how you get on
yes mine is thurs this week, do you know anything about mater hospital? jo
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jo rizo
yes mine is thurs this week, do you know anything about mater hospital? jo

Hi, Jo. Only what I've read off their web site and I've read on here some people have said it's a good place to work, so i thought I'd give it a go!
It'll be good experience anyway.
Let me know how you get on cos I'm sooooo nervous

Tracey
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

noofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nice

Hi all,
Just sitting here reading my RCM Midwives journal and noticed the advert for Midwives at the Mater.
Already have a job offer from Queensland Health (last October) and was wondering whether or not to put myself through another interview with the Mater.
Must admit though that the prospect of 10,000 births per year is a bit off putting - we are currently on 4500 in the unit where I work and it is manic all of the time!!!!
Good luck to all of you with interviews and keep us posted.
Jackie
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jo rizo
HI WENT TO THE EXPO AT LEEDS, ON SAT. ARRANGED AN INTERVIEW FOR THURSDAY, FOR A MIDWIFERY JOB, CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS PLACE IS LIKE? THE POTENTIAL FOR 10K DELIVERS PA REALLY DOES NOT SOUND FUN?? BUT THE NURSE/MIDWIFE I SPOKE WITH SOUNDED ENTHUSIASTIC (BUT SHE WAS TRYING TO SELL THE PLACE), THERE ARE JOBS GOING AT THE PRIVATE HOSPITAL AT REDLANDS MUCH SMALLER BUT BEING PRIVATE ITS CONSULTANT LED, ANY COMMENTS??

Hi,

I had a baby there last week (private floor mind you, so not too sure what the public floor is like) and it was terrible....loads of the midwives I got chatting with said they were majorly overworked with half the ward to care for at one time.....I work at RBWH and find that a great place to work......
Hope this helps!
Tan
Old Apr 9th 2008, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hi,

I had a baby there last week (private floor mind you, so not too sure what the public floor is like) and it was terrible....loads of the midwives I got chatting with said they were majorly overworked with half the ward to care for at one time.....I work at RBWH and find that a great place to work......
Hope this helps!
Tan
well you dont really surprise me, its heavily promoted and advertised, they obviously struggle to get staff(a bit like some nhs hospitals!!) where is the RBWH? the mater do a great sponsership package, anyof you people done this already, glad you went on sponsered visa or wished you'd hung on for PR visa, read a thread some where else, which gave neg. to sponsered visa, ie; difficulty for partners to get jobs anyone found this?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

LoveAlab will become famous soon enoughLoveAlab will become famous soon enough

I work agency shifts as a midwife at the Mater Mothers hospital, and work on both the private and public postnatal wards, and its really really busy. I do night shifts and am run off my feet all night. The patient allocation is large, sometimes up to 10 or more mothers and babies.

Coming from the UK it probably wont seem that different to where I worked in London, but compared to other maternity hospitals I work at, the Mater is busier. There are usually heaps of agency staff, I guess they have trouble retaining their own staff.

I would not work there permanently but dont have a problem going their once or twice a week to do agency shifts.

I have also worked in the Special Care Nursery and that is much better, a nicer place to work.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:27 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

What agency do you work with Lovelab ??
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

LoveAlab will become famous soon enoughLoveAlab will become famous soon enough

I work for Nursing Australia, also known as Healthstra. I sometimes do some short term contracts for Drake Medox too. They pay pretty good rates and there is plenty of work around
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:13 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoveAlab
I work for Nursing Australia, also known as Healthstra. I sometimes do some short term contracts for Drake Medox too. They pay pretty good rates and there is plenty of work around
Nice one,i will be there end of august and hoping to do agency around the units/hosps until i find one i like,i have 18 yrs paeds itu.What on average is the pay like say per hour

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.