Mater hospital Brisbane

Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

myrtle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mater hospital Brisbane

I'm starting at the Mater adult hospital ICU in South Brisbane in January and am looking for advice for commutable areas.
I'm looking at southern suburbs as far south as Beenleigh if feasible preferably with public transport links.
I'll be grateful for any advice which can be sent my way,

thanks
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mater hospital Brisbane

I have a post at Mater Mackay and would be interested on peoples dealings with this group of hospitals.They seemed very nice when I was interviewed.
Warts n' All please!
Alan
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

trace141 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I just arrived back from Brisbane yesterday after a month(rekkie) very jetlagged...due to start at the Mater in jan in the emergency dept...even popped in to say Hi..they were great really helpful..i found some lovely suburbs all within easy distance from the Mater mostly on the East side..kenmore, Indrophilly, Toowong...even managed to secure a place in school for my son..what a Fab place..just need to sell the house now..
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

I live in Cleveland and did work at the Mater when I first got here
Travel by train only 50 mins easy walk from the station to the hospital - trains relaible and cheap

By car takes about 40 mins when not busy but journey home took an hour at peak time
Advantages of living out here on the bay made up for the travel time
Good luck with your move
mary