Mater Brisbane - advice please

Old Mar 28th 2007, 7:45 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Default Mater Brisbane - advice please

Hi there, I have a job at the Mater Mothers in Brisbane, well last night I emailed then to tell them I would be over at the end of May and happy to start working at the beginning of July, but all I got back was an email saying "okay, well come in for a chat when you get here".

Is this normal? I am going half way round the world, for a job I thought was secure-ish but this has unsettled me, we havent even discussed salary, hours, they havent told me anything about the unit, orientation, shift times, uniform, nothing. Has anyone else had this, or is it normal to wait till you get there to thash out your contract? Am I expecting too much?

I dont want to be pushy either and put them off. Can anyone give me their experience of the Mater. I am so confused about this.

Thanks
Clairex
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:52 am
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Mater Brisbane - advice please

Oooh dear. I'd be checking if I was you. Contact them again and ask abou shift times, uniforms and being issued with a contract. (Gently but clearly) explain that it's a big change for you and you'd like some definite details.

What job are you going for? x
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:53 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LondonNurse
Oooh dear. I'd be checking if I was you. Contact them again and ask abou shift times, uniforms and being issued with a contract. (Gently but clearly) explain that it's a big change for you and you'd like some definite details.

What job are you going for? x
It's a CN position in the Neontal Unit, I know I am a bit concerned
Clairex
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Bobby1 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Mater Brisbane - advice please

I have a job offer at the Mater in Townsville. I signed my contract of employment in June 2006 and am just awaiting visa. Did you not get a contract of employment when you accepted the job?
Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:25 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

i have a job at the mater adult in brissy but i haven't got a contract yet, but i think they will sort it out once they know my house is sold and they have some idea when i will be starting. I do know my hours of work not sure about uniforms other than i think i have to buy them myself.

Hope you get some info soon claire, could you email one of the nurse managers and ask her to ring you for a chat so you can get the info you need?

Best wishes hun, don't let it worry you too much.... we all know how laid back the aussies are remember?

jackie x
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:58 pm
In my own little world!

Smile Re: Mater Brisbane - advice please

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
i have a job at the mater adult in brissy but i haven't got a contract yet, but i think they will sort it out once they know my house is sold and they have some idea when i will be starting. I do know my hours of work not sure about uniforms other than i think i have to buy them myself.

Hope you get some info soon claire, could you email one of the nurse managers and ask her to ring you for a chat so you can get the info you need?

Best wishes hun, don't let it worry you too much.... we all know how laid back the aussies are remember?

jackie x
Hi Jackie, for all I keep saying "yeah, can't wait for the laid back lifestyle" i know it will bug the hell out of me at first being feom uptight need a contract immediately Britain Will email them again next week, doesnt matter I am still going whether they want me or not
Clairex
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:00 pm
In my own little world!

Smile Re: Mater Brisbane - advice please

Originally Posted by Bobby1
I have a job offer at the Mater in Townsville. I signed my contract of employment in June 2006 and am just awaiting visa. Did you not get a contract of employment when you accepted the job?
Nope, got a one sentence email offering me the job . Good luck when you get there though, and on the visa - hope it comes through soon.
Clairex