Making sense of NMC qualification verification form

Old Dec 8th 2016, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Making sense of NMC qualification verification form

Hi there,

I have contacted the NMC to verify my qualifications and have received a letter in the post from them. They want me to pay a fee and send back the form they have sent me to them. However what I am a bit confused about is I need to list the Overseas Registration Authority to whom I want the verification certificate issued to....

This is APHRA for in Australia but there are lots of addresses throughout the Australian region so is there one area address I should opt for...I can just choose any address?

I am also confused in as far as once NMC sends my qualifications to APHRA, will they register who I am or do I need to be trying to register with APHRA at the same time?

I am also considering spending some time working in New Zealand. Can I have my verification qualifications sent to both APHRA and New Zealand Nursing Council?

Hope you can help! Many thanks in advance!
Old Dec 10th 2016, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Making sense of NMC qualification verification form

You can list up to 6 registration boards if my memory is correct. When I did mine I sent it to Wellington and Queensland (as I plan to work there initially). I am not sure if it really matters which AHPRA office you send it to as registration is no longer on a state by state basis in Australia.

You still need to register with AHPRA/NCNZ as all the NMC will do (assuming we are talking about a certificate of good conduct here) is verify that you are of good character. The confirmation letter from the NMC tells you what to do when applying (ie: quote your PIN number when corresponding). I just sent the letter from the NMC with my AHPRA/NZNC application.

Good luck

Steven
Old Dec 10th 2016, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok Steven thanks for your help. So I guess the NMC will get back to me then once I have sent them my form and paid the fee? In the letter it says the NMC will send my documents direct to AHPRA/NZNC, just wasn't sure about getting it all tied up together for when I apply for registration with either AHPRA or NZNC.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes CatLady, that is correct. Once you have paid the fee to the NMC they claim to process it in 10 working days. You will get a letter saying that the verification is sent and how to reference it in any correspondence. They'll also ask you to let them know if you leave the UK.

Good luck