Looking for nursing jobs

Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Vernsdownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for nursing jobs

Hi all

We are moving to Australia this November with PR Visa and AHPRA eligibility.

We are thinking Adelaide or Perth but very open minded as long as it is suitable for lively active children aged 8 to 14

We have been looking for jobs for

RMN with 10 years plus experience in acute admissions, high secure, low secure and rehab

RGN with 12 months experience in a busy acute medical assessment unit.

Dont mind permanent full time or casual as long as plenty of hours available.

There doesn't seem to be as many jobs advertised as we initially thought, has anyone any useful links or know of any upcoming job opportunities anywhere we can apply.

Any info very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Tracey
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for nursing jobs

Hi Tracey

A lot of hospitals advertise on their own websites. Otherwise the main website seems to be seek.com.au

Agencies are another option. They also advertise on seek.

I know here in Melbourne there are hardly any jobs advertised - Im a midwife and struggling to get a job - and Brisbane have just had further cuts so the job market for nurses is rather bleak at the moment.

Good luck with your move and job search.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Also worth approaching hospitals directly, they may have plans to recruit and they may be able to hold you on file for future jobs. I know several people who have found positions that way
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your feedback, were going to send our CV to everywhere.

Cheers
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

leapip is an unknown quantity at this point

Seek jobs is very good, if you england the app you can apply for lots of jobs quickly and easily.
Good luck!
:-)
Old Aug 11th 2013, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

It's not easy to find permanent, fulltime nursing positions. Not in the main cities anyway. I know at my hospital in Perth we had 53 applicants for x5 three month contracts. The current trend is for temporary contracts rather than permanent positions. And sponsorship of overseas staff hasn't happened for a couple of years (again, where I work). There are simply too many immigrants and young Aussies in the market nowadays.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Emma07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Perth will have a large number of nursing positions becoming available in 2014 due to a number of hospitals expanding.

PM me if you would like more details...
Old Sep 12th 2013, 7:52 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma07
Perth will have a large number of nursing positions becoming available in 2014 due to a number of hospitals expanding.

PM me if you would like more details...
Any particular specialities do you think? I'm thinkng paeds or neonates mainly.
Do you think they will be sponsoring or concentratng on those who already have citizenship/visas?
Old Sep 13th 2013, 2:56 am
Just Joined

It would make it easier for employers if you had your visa arranged, or had at least started the process. Permanent residency is preferential if you are thinking you might stay - it's more costly but it can be worthwhile when you consider the costs of schooling (for those that have children, or for those wanting to do further study) and health insurance (if that applies to you). PR also allows you more flexibility around the hours that you work.

We (my hospital) are certainly willing to look at sponsoring nurses with experience to complement our graduate workforce. You should find something in paeds or neonates in 2014 (will be hard before then). Just send off your CV.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 3:00 am
Just Joined

I would also agree that its better to apply directly to hospitals via their websites - or use seek.com. I doubt many hospitals will be using agencies to recruit overseas...its too costly for them and they don't need to at the moment. Most hospitals will happily help you.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 3:56 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Emma07
It would make it easier for employers if you had your visa arranged, or had at least started the process. Permanent residency is preferential if you are thinking you might stay - it's more costly but it can be worthwhile when you consider the costs of schooling (for those that have children, or for those wanting to do further study) and health insurance (if that applies to you). PR also allows you more flexibility around the hours that you work.

We (my hospital) are certainly willing to look at sponsoring nurses with experience to complement our graduate workforce. You should find something in paeds or neonates in 2014 (will be hard before then). Just send off your CV.

Hope this helps.
Sounds like the route we are already taking then, direct to hospitals, and not looking for anything before next year due to visa timings.
Useful to know that Perth could be back in the running though, thanks!
Old Sep 13th 2013, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm only familiar with maximum security MH NSW, but there are never enough staff in these settings & tons of work- can't imagine similar settings in other states would be much different- so at least there's hope for one of you! & loads of agency work.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by campervanfan
I'm only familiar with maximum security MH NSW, but there are never enough staff in these settings & tons of work- can't imagine similar settings in other states would be much different- so at least there's hope for one of you! & loads of agency work.
Hi my husband has 10 years experience in high secure forensics, low secure, and acute admissions - do you know the names of any hospitals looking for staff in this area.

Also what agency has the most casual work, we have signed up with one who say they are the main supplier to all hospitals around Australia and they say they have loads of work - as much to say more work than staff available. Does that sound feasible?

I appreciate all feedback

Thanks

Tracey
Old Sep 13th 2013, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

PM you
Old Oct 8th 2013, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, tried to PM this info, but being new, I'm still restricted.

As a suggestion, I'd send your CVs and Covering Letters to [email protected]

They have vacancies with private hospitals in WA.