Looking For Advice On Medicals?

Old Sep 27th 2005, 3:20 am

Baz2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking For Advice On Medicals?

Hi There,

My partner and me have just submitted our application to the Immigration Board in Oz to migrate (my partner is a nurse, i am her dependant,) and so i am wondering what the score is with regards to medicals.

My understanding is that they are valid for one year, we want our appliccation to be processed as quickly as possible, and do not want our application to be delayed at all if possible. As such, i emailed my immigration lawyer, askind if we can make a start on obtaining the medicals. Her response (as usual,) is along the lines of "less is more" as far as information goes. This is what she said :

"Regarding the medicals, Immigration will sent the medical forms out to us with your pictures on them and with a list of doctors you can do the midical with. You need to wait to get these forms"

Does this sound right to you guys and gals? I thought that you could get hold of the form yourself, and then take it to a doctor to get the medical done, and then forward the completed medical onto the immigration department to complete your application so to speak.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Looking For Advice On Medicals?

Hi, I haven't got that far myself yet but from what i have read on other treads on the main forum you can download the forms yourself from;
Medicals; www.australia.org/vti/forms/26.pdf
Xrays; www.australia.org/vti/forms/160.pdf
Information on Dr's available at; www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html
There is quite a few treads on this subject on the main forum. Try doing a search on 'frontloading' and you should get a lot of info back. Good luck with your application, wish i was as far along as you!
Old Sep 27th 2005, 11:12 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats why I never used an agent!

Yes techinically you should wait for your medials and policechecks to be requested but you can send your medicals unrequested. Pick a panel Dr from that list the last poster has given the link to, attend to get meds and chest x-rays done and ask the panel Dr to forward the meds to the clearing centre in Sydney. However I wouldn't risk doing this until you have a case number (I received that via e-mail the same day my credit card was debited by DIMIA)as you write the case number on the back of the med forms - if you didn't do that then they would probably get lost. I'd also e-mail dimia to inform them that your meds have been sent to The clearing centre in Sydney so when you get a CO in Adelaide they know meds are in Sydney.

I'd also encourage you to make sure your panel Dr sends meds by courier (at extra cost to you) to Sydney as you can't track outwith the UK with Royal Mail International signed for and you would have no way of checking meds ever got there.

Good luck
Lynn
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:15 pm

Baz2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lynne and Co.

Thanks for the tips, what do you make of her comment concerning the fact the forms have to be sent to you by immigration, as they have your photos on them? This seems to contradict what everyone else is saying, who suggest it is just a matter of downloading the forms, printing them off, and going for it. I'm not sure if it makes any difference to the process, but we are British, but currently reside in the Cayman Islands, do you think the process could be different for us as we are not applying from the UK?

A long time ago i wondered why i bothered with an immigration lawyer, i suspect it would have been less of a headache (and quicker,) to do it all ourselves. Getting a strait awnser out of them is very difficult, as is trying to get them to awnser all my questions, and then sometimes i get conflicting information on any given topic in different emails. I have started to wonder if they are law students mascerading as immigration lawyers, earning a few extra bucks over the summer from suckers like me!

Cheers - Bob
Old Sep 28th 2005, 11:18 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Baz
Lynne and Co.

Thanks for the tips, what do you make of her comment concerning the fact the forms have to be sent to you by immigration, as they have your photos on them? This seems to contradict what everyone else is saying, who suggest it is just a matter of downloading the forms, printing them off, and going for it. I'm not sure if it makes any difference to the process, but we are British, but currently reside in the Cayman Islands, do you think the process could be different for us as we are not applying from the UK?

A long time ago i wondered why i bothered with an immigration lawyer, i suspect it would have been less of a headache (and quicker,) to do it all ourselves. Getting a strait awnser out of them is very difficult, as is trying to get them to awnser all my questions, and then sometimes i get conflicting information on any given topic in different emails. I have started to wonder if they are law students mascerading as immigration lawyers, earning a few extra bucks over the summer from suckers like me!

Cheers - Bob
The answer to that Bob is that I have no idea - it may be very different applying from the Cayman Islands (lucky you living there!!!)
When I needed medical forms I just downloaded and printed them - I had to attatch a photo, but dimia keep changing things so I can't keep up any more as i'm past all that stage. Not sure what you could do next to check?

Good Luck,
Lynn
Old Sep 29th 2005, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

jaguaruk will become famous soon enoughjaguaruk will become famous soon enough

Baz,

I can only offer the advice we were given some while ago now, and that was to hold off requesting the medicals until you have a case number from the DIMIA. You will receive this once the application has been received and acknowledged.

If you don't have a case number to put on the medical forms when they send them to Oz they could go missing.

This was how we played it, and it worked out fine for us. The medicals arrived months in advance of the DIMIA actually assigning a case officer. So there was no delay to the application while they waited for the medicals to arrive.

That's my pennies worth, hope it helps.

Ken.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

You must have a case no for the back of the form and the photo attatched, the medical Dr will compare this to your passport and then sign the declaration.
Remember that medicals go to the clearing centre in Sidney and not adelaide.
We emailed london for our forms and recieved them in the post a few days later with list of panel Drs

Di