Length of employer-sponsored visas - nursing?

Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light
Default Length of employer-sponsored visas - nursing?

Hi

Just wondered if anyone has any info or experience on the average duration of an employer-sponsored visa

Reason for asking is that although we hope to be granted a perm visa (136) (wife is registered F grade neonatal intensive care nurse with neonatal transportation quals), if we are refused due to a medical condition of mine, we would still like to explore the possibility of a 4 year employer sponsored visa

My understanding is that the medical would be less strict for a temp visa but I am concerned that we may go through a load of upheaval for a contract that ultimately turns out to be less than 4 years or she could end up in a job she hates knowing that if she jacked it in we would all have to return home

One final thing, if a contract (and consequently a visa) expired, would she be free to apply for another employer sponsored visa (to ensure we could stay out there for the full 4 years) whilst out there? We would likely not bother with the hassle of moving unless we could be sure we could remain out there for a full 4 years - at least

Lots of questions.....sorry

Regards

BobbyD
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Length of employer-sponsored visas - nursing?

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Hi

Just wondered if anyone has any info or experience on the average duration of an employer-sponsored visa

Reason for asking is that although we hope to be granted a perm visa (136) (wife is registered F grade neonatal intensive care nurse with neonatal transportation quals), if we are refused due to a medical condition of mine, we would still like to explore the possibility of a 4 year employer sponsored visa

My understanding is that the medical would be less strict for a temp visa but I am concerned that we may go through a load of upheaval for a contract that ultimately turns out to be less than 4 years or she could end up in a job she hates knowing that if she jacked it in we would all have to return home

One final thing, if a contract (and consequently a visa) expired, would she be free to apply for another employer sponsored visa (to ensure we could stay out there for the full 4 years) whilst out there? We would likely not bother with the hassle of moving unless we could be sure we could remain out there for a full 4 years - at least

Regards

BobbyD
hi bobbyd,

im also a neonatal nurse, ive got a job on neonatal unit in townsville qld.
Im going for rsms visa which is pr, as ive just successfully completed my enrolled nurse conversion course and with this visa, even though im regarded as newly qualified i still get to go out there.
There are so many concerns with the temp visa, if you pull out of the job or vice versa, you have only a small amount of time to find a new sponsor.
Jeremy will be able to give you some excellent advice on this.
With my visa, i have to commit to the unit for 2yrs, then i can go wherever i like, we would hope to get our citizenship so that we have the freedom to choose when we come and go.
I definitely think you should look into pr visas atleast that way you have peace of mind and if the employer decides they dont want you, you are safe knowing you dont need to rush around and find a new sponsor.
I may be wrong, but dont think there is any difference with medicals, they seem the same whatever your visa, but again I may be wrong.
goodluck,

Trish
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Hi

Regards

BobbyD

At the end of the day a temporary visa is just that - *temporary*.

If you don't qualify for permanent residence, then sooner or later you will be taking a one way trip home.

Jeremy
Old Apr 19th 2005, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JAJ
At the end of the day a temporary visa is just that - *temporary*.

If you don't qualify for permanent residence, then sooner or later you will be taking a one way trip home.

Jeremy
Indeed

However, in our opinion, spending 4 years out there is better than not having been there at all

Being tied to a 'rogue' employer though might be different
Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:56 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

On the other hand post on here any hospitals you are interested in and someone may well know it and let you know what they are like. This way it might give you some more help/insight. Personally i would go for PR skilled independant as you can then move. If your meds go to the panel doctors as a category B you may still be able to get in as a skilled independant.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jimtrish
hi bobbyd,

im also a neonatal nurse, ive got a job on neonatal unit in townsville qld.
Im going for rsms visa which is pr, as ive just successfully completed my enrolled nurse conversion course and with this visa, even though im regarded as newly qualified i still get to go out there.
There are so many concerns with the temp visa, if you pull out of the job or vice versa, you have only a small amount of time to find a new sponsor.
Jeremy will be able to give you some excellent advice on this.
With my visa, i have to commit to the unit for 2yrs, then i can go wherever i like, we would hope to get our citizenship so that we have the freedom to choose when we come and go.
I definitely think you should look into pr visas atleast that way you have peace of mind and if the employer decides they dont want you, you are safe knowing you dont need to rush around and find a new sponsor.
I may be wrong, but dont think there is any difference with medicals, they seem the same whatever your visa, but again I may be wrong.
goodluck,

Trish
can i ask how you go about getting this visa, and have you researched townsville? do you need a certain amount of points to do this the same as other PR visa's/
cheers
jacqui