interview for the Mater Brisbane!!

Old May 19th 2007, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

joolsnsteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default interview for the Mater Brisbane!!

We've had double celebrations here today. We got an acknowledgement letter from the ANMC this morning, the application for full skills assessment arrived, letter dated 14/05/07.
This evening someone from The Mater in Brisbane phoned me to invite me for interview while they are in the UK next week!! I only sent them an email a couple of days ago
I am really scared now....any tips will be gratefully received as I always turn to a gibbering wreck in interviews.
Is anyone else going to see them in London or Manchester??? The bloke that rang told me to bring along as many people as I liked...especially midwives (I am a general nurse).
I am already starting to panic.....what should I wear, not sure how formal it is, not to mention all the questions that they will ask and its an 8 hour round trip to see them
Think I best have another glass of wine to calm my nerves!

Jools x

Last edited by joolsnsteve; May 19th 2007 at 9:34 pm. Reason: bad spelling!
Old May 20th 2007, 3:51 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: interview for the Mater Brisbane!!

Hi Jools,

I had a telephone interview with the Mater a few months ago for the CCU. They asked me about the mater philosophy (they are big on that) also look up the Mater code of conduct. It might be quite informal but my telephone interview was quite formal. They asked me about my professional development, team work, change management, why I wanted to work there.
They didn't ask me any clinical scenarios which I was surprised at really.
What area are you looking at working in?

Have you also thought about staying over at the Jurys hotel or any of the other hotels? There's plenty of nice bars/restaurants to go in Manchester in the evening.

Jackie x
Old May 22nd 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

AndyandAnge will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by joolsnsteve
We've had double celebrations here today. We got an acknowledgement letter from the ANMC this morning, the application for full skills assessment arrived, letter dated 14/05/07.
This evening someone from The Mater in Brisbane phoned me to invite me for interview while they are in the UK next week!! I only sent them an email a couple of days ago
I am really scared now....any tips will be gratefully received as I always turn to a gibbering wreck in interviews.
Is anyone else going to see them in London or Manchester??? The bloke that rang told me to bring along as many people as I liked...especially midwives (I am a general nurse).
I am already starting to panic.....what should I wear, not sure how formal it is, not to mention all the questions that they will ask and its an 8 hour round trip to see them

Jools x
Hi my wifes also got a interview for mater on wednesday but we couldnt make it to manchester so they are doing it over the phone at 9am. Shes had 15yrs in Oncology so fingers crossed - she is as mentioned reading up on the mater philosophy and such but we want to go in on a 136 and not 457 which i believe they want so to tie you down. 136 also gives us more security because we have 4 children so child benefit is a must and other entitlements that you can get on a independant and not a 457 buisness visa. So they just might say no (but i understand there desperate for nurses so who knows! )
Will keep you posted on the outcome, and what they are offering!!!!
Old May 23rd 2007, 1:54 am
Just Joined

hcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Hi Jools,

I had a telephone interview with the Mater a few months ago for the CCU. They asked me about the mater philosophy (they are big on that) also look up the Mater code of conduct. It might be quite informal but my telephone interview was quite formal. They asked me about my professional development, team work, change management, why I wanted to work there.
They didn't ask me any clinical scenarios which I was surprised at really.
What area are you looking at working in?

Have you also thought about staying over at the Jurys hotel or any of the other hotels? There's plenty of nice bars/restaurants to go in Manchester in the evening.

Jackie x
The Mater also asked me about their philosphy. Also what I would do about a complaint from a parent, how to inprove practice (i.e. evidence based/ research) and how would I be a good role model for other nurses. I was so surprised that they didn't ask me about any real nursing senaros to check my nursing knowledge but I surpose they relay on the references saying if you are competent or not.

Good Luck

Helen
Old May 24th 2007, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

AndyandAnge will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hcmoore1
The Mater also asked me about their philosphy. Also what I would do about a complaint from a parent, how to inprove practice (i.e. evidence based/ research) and how would I be a good role model for other nurses. I was so surprised that they didn't ask me about any real nursing senaros to check my nursing knowledge but I surpose they relay on the references saying if you are competent or not.

Good Luck

Helen
Hi there i had a telephone interview with Mater today for oncology and got the job straight away.
Interview was ok really friendly and helpful. Asked about Mater pholosophy and values and my experience and also gave me a few senarios which were fine. On the whole it was very imformal and lasted around 45mins then had a chat with hr. They offered me $60000 with a $15000 relocation package is that good. Iv been qualified for 15 years the last six i have worked in a hospice.
Old May 27th 2007, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

trace141 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by joolsnsteve

Jools x
Hi,

I also had an interview with Mater, it was quite formal..there was a few of us and we all got offered a job..i qualifed this year and start a graduation programme next feb..the relocation package is very good from what i've found elsewhere.. its sounds like a great opportuniy as im still waiting for a job here...good luck..you'll be fine

Tracey
Old May 27th 2007, 11:16 am
Qualify in Sept!

mattyuk will become famous soon enough

Hi well done on getting a job at mater, i too had an interview monday at jurys inn london, they said they might be able to get me on the adult graduate program but 1st needed to contact the hospital to check if they could take on newly qualifieds, i qualify in septemeber. so did they defintley offered you a job? they aint got back to me but maybe that was there way of saying they didnt want to give me a job.
Old May 27th 2007, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

They offered it to me there and then..i was really surprised, they have contacted my referees already, just need to wait for a joining pack in the post..They did mention that there were only a few places left on the grad scheme..

Tracey
Old May 27th 2007, 12:02 pm
Qualify in Sept!

mattyuk will become famous soon enough

Im jelious, when did you have the interview, did they contact your referees prior to your interview?
Old May 27th 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

I had my interview on Tuesday..they contacted my referees on wednesday...luckily im goingto brisbane on holiday in july so at least i'l get a chance to have a look round the Hospital....i think Queensland health are recuiting in London soon...just register an online interest...you may find something there....don't give up...
Old May 27th 2007, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Yes I have an interview with Queensland health on wed 20th June in London. Did they say anything about hrs thou. Is the grad prog a full time programme or is it for part timers as well??

Am getting abit nervous what sort of things did they ask you????

With the relocation package, do you need to start work as soon as you get there as wanted to have a couple of weeks to get sorted and get kids settled into school?.

Tracey
x
Old May 27th 2007, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

I was offered job in march by QH when I spoke to my new manager she recommended taking some time to acclimatise and get organised etc so have told them wont start for at least a month after arrival, whenever that is!
Old May 27th 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Thats what i ws thinking of doing, a month sounds perfect

Are you getting any relocation payments??

Traceyx
Old May 27th 2007, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

yes $5000 but not as much as mater are offering which is up to 15000. I went to see them on friday very nice people but not sure I want to work nights again!!! I am a trained midwife as well as nurse so they would be happy to employ me they have 43 vacancies for midwives! sticking with QH for now unless get better offer from south oz
Old May 27th 2007, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey thats not bad! Are you going to be working full time?

Tracey
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.