Interview for ICU nursing in Trauma Centre at Sydney

Old Oct 18th 2011, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

mansawant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview for ICU nursing in Trauma Centre at Sydney

Hi,

My wife received an email from agency confirming she has been short listed for telephone interview for ICU nurse postion by one of the trauma centres in Sydney and they have given three weeks time to provide the availability in the morning time.

She had no experience of telephone interview. In fact the current one is her third job in 17 years nursing career so only had 5-6 interviews face to face so far. She was prescreened by agency before forwarding her details to the hospital and that was about 45 minutes over the phone. That's the only experience she had over the phone.

Appreciate any advice or ideas how to deal with telephone interview and infor about typical questions icu nurse can expect in the interview.

Thanks,

Mansawant
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:52 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview for ICU nursing in Trauma Centre at Sydney

Originally Posted by mansawant
Hi,

My wife received an email from agency confirming she has been short listed for telephone interview for ICU nurse postion by one of the trauma centres in Sydney and they have given three weeks time to provide the availability in the morning time.

She had no experience of telephone interview. In fact the current one is her third job in 17 years nursing career so only had 5-6 interviews face to face so far. She was prescreened by agency before forwarding her details to the hospital and that was about 45 minutes over the phone. That's the only experience she had over the phone.

Appreciate any advice or ideas how to deal with telephone interview and infor about typical questions icu nurse can expect in the interview.

Thanks,

Mansawant
Tell her not to worry,not easy i know,she's a woman

They will ask her how she would handle certain incidents,senarios in the icu,how she would deal with disputes amongst staff and or patients,her own experience to date etc.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Tell her not to worry,not easy i know,she's a woman

They will ask her how she would handle certain incidents,senarios in the icu,how she would deal with disputes amongst staff and or patients,her own experience to date etc.
Thanks.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

::
Originally Posted by mansawant
Hi,

Thanks,

Mansawant
that's great news for your wife!!! tell her to speak slowly & clearly - keep calm & try to sound confident even though she'll be a bit nervous to start with- after 17 years experience in her field they can't ask her much she won't know the answer to surely! Good luck
Old Oct 20th 2011, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by campervanfan
::

that's great news for your wife!!! tell her to speak slowly & clearly - keep calm & try to sound confident even though she'll be a bit nervous to start with- after 17 years experience in her field they can't ask her much she won't know the answer to surely! Good luck
Thanks for advice. I am hoping the same as well becoz of her experience.

...Mansawant
Old Oct 28th 2011, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice adn help.

My wife have had interview yesterday and today we received email from Agency confirming she has been approved by NSW Health and received so many form to complete and also asked for police clearance.

However in the email the name of the hospital Royal North Shore Hospital is not mentioned anywhere. Is it right in Oz. Is NSW health borad applies for the sponsorship or the individual hospital. I know this is the case for private hospitals.

Appreciate more info about the sponsorship from the people who are already in Oz on the sponsorship.

....Mansawant