Interview Disaster

Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:04 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Interview Disaster

Just had my CN interview, started off strong, but wilted towards the end. They were on the phone firing questions at me for 45 minutes , they said I did fine, some answers were excellent others a bit "sketchy", my brain went blank on a few occaisions, and some questions I didnt prepare for. Well done it now so have to wait for references and they will get back to me hopefully in the next week or two. Going to have a large glass of wine now . Sulking now!
Clairex
Old Jan 18th 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview Disaster

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Just had my CN interview, started off strong, but wilted towards the end. They were on the phone firing questions at me for 45 minutes , they said I did fine, some answers were excellent others a bit "sketchy", my brain went blank on a few occaisions, and some questions I didnt prepare for. Well done it now so have to wait for references and they will get back to me hopefully in the next week or two. Going to have a large glass of wine now . Sulking now!
Clairex
wouldn't worry those are the interviews where they usually offer you the job! Where bouts are you heading and what company was the job iv for?
Old Jan 18th 2007, 11:58 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Interview Disaster

Hi Glittababe, it was neonatal unit at the Mater in Brisbane. If I don't get it there is always jobs going for RN's on the paediatric ICU at Mater Childrens, so not the end of the world. Will find out soon, you are in Brisbane arent you?
Clairex
Old Jan 19th 2007, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Glittababe, it was neonatal unit at the Mater in Brisbane. If I don't get it there is always jobs going for RN's on the paediatric ICU at Mater Childrens, so not the end of the world. Will find out soon, you are in Brisbane arent you?
Clairex
Nooooo! We live on the sunny coast, visit Brisbane occasionally but definately not an area for us.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 12:39 am
In my own little world!

On our reccie we went to Caloundra, ablsolutely gorgeous but wouldnt live in that area, didnt get a chance to get a good look around, I know there is a SCBU at Nambour, and having read Mrs JFW's reccie I have missed alot of the sunny coast. Also hubbie works for TNT haulage here so really would need a job like that, so if any info please share as hubbie can get transfer. The sunshine coast from what we have seen is gorgeous only wish we had seen more of it. (not using smilies as don't like them as much!)drunk now!)
Clairex
Old Jan 19th 2007, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

On our reccie we went to Caloundra, ablsolutely gorgeous but wouldnt live in that area, didnt get a chance to get a good look around, I know there is a SCBU at Nambour, and having read Mrs JFW's reccie I have missed alot of the sunny coast. Also hubbie works for TNT haulage here so really would need a job like that, so if any info please share as hubbie can get transfer. The sunshine coast from what we have seen is gorgeous only wish we had seen more of it. (not using smilies as don't like them as much!)drunk now!)
Clairex
caloundra's just a tiny part of the sunny coast! You have to head up north a bit more and inland for about 25 km's to the hinterland towns. Scenery is just superb; rainforest, lakes, rivers and waterfalls. Have some pics on my blog;

www.glittababe007.blogspot.com
Old Jan 19th 2007, 12:47 pm
In my own little world!

I love your blog, it does look absolutely gorgeous and I only wish we had saw more of the sunshine coast. You and your family really seem to be settling in well. We have settled on Brisbane just now, mainly for the job situation for hubby,but you never know. Would love to go back out just the two of us for a proper reccie but thats just not feesable, so just have to see where we end up.
Clairex
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:09 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Did you get a good vibe at the end of your interview though Claire? It must have been so hard not being able to see the people interviewing you. What kind of things did they ask you that you didn't expect?

Fingers crossed that the jobs yours hun!

Jackie x
Old Jan 20th 2007, 5:10 pm
In my own little world!

Hi Jackie, they said "don't worry you have done really well, we can put you out of your misery, we will be asking for references and get back to you, however we have many people to interview"!!!. I started off well but after 35 minutes I began to crumple, I knew what I wanted to say but couldnt get the words out, they asked me about what I had done regarding audit and I lied my ass off, then aksed you have a cerain way that you should present yourself, explain this (or something like that) and could I get Code of Professional conduct out - no I bloody couldnt, there was more but I've blanked it out . They also questioned me about councilling services for staff.

They did say I answered some questions very well, where others where scetchy. It is so hard being interviewed over the phone, you cant' gauge how you are doing and would much rather be infront of a panel of 5 than have a telephone interview . So just have to wait and see what happens, thing is I know my references will be grand, so it all comes down to the interview in the end.

The other thing is they phoned me 45 minutes before the interview to give me a senario - the usual - the ICU is full and staff member has phoned in sick but you really need her to be there - what would be your management plan, so that was easy enough.

So just the waiting game.
Clairex
Old Jan 20th 2007, 7:55 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Claire, it sounds as though you have done really well. They must realise its very difficult being interviewed over the phone. How many people did the interview? did they ask you any questions about Australian nursing issues/codes of conduct etc... it does sound like most of the stuff is simelar to what we get asked here.

I do hope they don't keep you waiting too long though. Think positive!

Love Jackie x
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:00 pm
Living the Dream!

forgot to say Claire... don't think they would bother getting your refs if they were not impressed with you eh?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 4:23 pm
In my own little world!

you never know, just patiently waiting, if I dont get it I'm interested in an RN post in PICU, always wanted to do that here but it would involve a drop in pay etc which we couldnt afford to do, but over there it would be perfect, starting again get back into paeds again.
Clairex
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

you never know, just patiently waiting, if I dont get it I'm interested in an RN post in PICU, always wanted to do that here but it would involve a drop in pay etc which we couldnt afford to do, but over there it would be perfect, starting again get back into paeds again.
Clairex
Hi
I agree with Jackie that if they are asking for references then they must be interested in you, well done.
As you know I turned one phone interview down which was on the neonatal unit at Brisbane womens and childrens. All the best Jackie
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Clairex
Claire,
Dont worry. I completely fluffed a Nurse Consultant interview as I had been speaking to 2 hospitals re interviews and both secretaries had the same name so when one phoned to start the interview I thought it was the other hospital!! I had prepared for the other post and made a complete hash of it. However they have offered me a CN post and have been VERY accomodating re the financial side. Even though I am already in Oz on husbands visa, they are paying a bonus amongst other incentives. I'm really pleased......Just have to tell the other hospital I wont be working for them now!
Good luck, everything will work out.

Louise x
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 11:13 am
In my own little world!

That is absolutely fantastic Louise you jammy get!! Getting the CN position would take the pressure off financially till hubby gets a job. Well done on the job where are you going to be working?
Clairex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.