Info Singapore stopover

Old Apr 27th 2005, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light
Default Info Singapore stopover

Hi, lots of people are asking me about the singapore stopover so hear goes!!

Arrived changi airport 14.30hrs, checked in luggage we did not need in the secured luggage place. cost 5 dollars per case per 24 hrs.

Stayed 3 nights 4 days at the Holiday Inn ( use to be the concorde) booked with singapore airlines cost 208.00 GBP for 2 rooms for 4 adults as kids 14 and 12.
No extra charge for late checkout, one room untill 6pm.
Very clean hotel, swimming pool and towels provided, spa, gym etc.. although we were out all the time.

Went to the botanical gardens, excellant place, peacefull and even the kids liked it
China town for eats and a look around the shops, enjoyed this the most.

Booked the following trips with sin airlines
They stopped a lot of the free trips end March.
Cost 110 GBP for the 3 trips for 4, Hannah paid child price

Night safari, good trip even though we were terrified as a tourist was bitten by a tiger the night before

Sentosa island- Cable car ride good fun, we felt the trip was to short and the shows not the ones we would of choosen, Recommend spending the whole day there and going on your own.

Singapore Zoo- excellant place, enjoyed by all, got to see all the main shows, Hannah loved feeding the elephants.

General shopping is exhausting- stores are massive, Hubby in his element at simlim square, electrical shops, Bought a PSP

Changi airport is massive so allow plenty of time for last minute shopping, eats etc..
A very clean city, friendly people and we all felt very safe.
Would deffo go back again.

Hope this helps
Di, Pete,Tom & Hannah
Old Apr 27th 2005, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Info Singapore stopover

Good post Di. We came thru Dubai on the way out so it's nice to know a wee bit more about the routes back to the UK.You guys certainly had a great time on the way over - non-stop fun all the way !
Keep posting.
All the best,
Tass.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:29 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for posting that Di! Sounds great will defo be doing my stopover in Singapore,

Lynn
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Thanks for posting that Di! Sounds great will defo be doing my stopover in Singapore,

Lynn
Forgot to mention...we booked seats at the back of the plane as 4 rows have 2 seats window and not 3, as the flight fills up from the front we had all the extra rows of 4 in the middle to sleep on,
also quieter and lots of space at back for walking around!!

Di
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Forgot to mention...we booked seats at the back of the plane as 4 rows have 2 seats window and not 3, as the flight fills up from the front we had all the extra rows of 4 in the middle to sleep on,

Di
thats really useful info di,will defo bear this in mind when....we get to that point
Trish
xx
Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:31 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by harveyhare

Di
Is the back not where the toilet queue is!!!???

If not good tip though!

Lynn
Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Tayberry will become famous soon enoughTayberry will become famous soon enough

HarveyHare(love your username!!), I totally agree with your post!! I did the Singapore Stopover when I flew out to NZ and despite the fact Im now going back to the UK after 1 year, I purposely chose to do this again, even though it's meant I've caused myself a bit more hassle with my travel plans!! (just to make you all sick, going to the Cook Islands for 15 days, flying back to Auckland (just so I could fly Singapore Airlines!!) for 1 night, then Singapore for 7 days, Kuala Lumpar for 2 days, Penang for 10 days, Langkawi for 8 days, back to Singapore for 1 day then home!!!!)

Honestly, I couldn't emphasise enough how great Singapore Airlines are. The inflight entertainment is brilliant!!! I can hardly remember getting here as I was so engrossed in the films, music channels and abusing the free bar did play a part in the temporary amnesia!!! The trolley dollies are sickeningly stunning and are outrageously attentive. You dont feel like the plebs of the earth being in economy!!

Singapore is an amazing place. Mind numbingly hot-I stepped off the plane and thought "where's the fire?" and then I realised it was the weather for real!! I only stopped off for a couple of days but went to the National Orchid gardens-oh my god, absolutely beautiful, tranquil and serene-totally worth checking out. Did the shopping in Orchard Road and did a night boat cruise with a buffet meal, a trip to Raffles (only 20 minutes-I'm making up for lost time when I go back there next month!!-still managed to down a Singapore Sling though!!)

Honestly folks, if you get the chance to do this, DO IT!!! It's fantastic!!
I can't wait to get back on the plane!!
Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Tayberry will become famous soon enoughTayberry will become famous soon enough

Oh, and Changi Airport is to die for!!! You could almost have a holiday there alone!!!
Old Apr 30th 2005, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Is the back not where the toilet queue is!!!???

If not good tip though!

Lynn

Nooooooooooo Toilets further at the back, you have the service area 1st so nearer to the

Di