I'm in Brisbane!!!!!!

Old Dec 7th 2005, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all
Default I'm in Brisbane!!!!!!

Hello all my BE friends!
I've arrived, and boy is it hot here? Landed at 19.30 local time yesterday.
Feeling rather tired, but elated. Singapore Airlines were fantastic. Flight was long, but not as bad as we thought. Still can't believe we are finally here.
Hired a car today, got some shopping in. Bought some booster seats for the kids (had to leave ours with relatives at Heathrow as we were 20kg over luggage allowance!!!) Singapore Airlines wanted to charge us £600 (at £30 per kilo) for the extra!!!! No way, so we have sent our extra case with excess baggage.com at £94. Still an expense, but beats £600!!!!
Picked up a CD rom ROM today to get internet access, and plan to drive around a few suburbs tomorrow to check them out.
We are currently staying in Carina. Looks nice, but lots of old Queenslander style houses (huntsman attracting!!!). Not sure where we'll find longer term rental yet.
Love to all. Any more grants/news from you guys over the last week?
Bye for now.
Claire. x
Old Dec 7th 2005, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm in Brisbane!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Hello all my BE friends!
Feeling rather tired, but elated. Singapore Airlines were fantastic. Flight was long, but not as bad as we thought. Still can't believe we are finally here.
Hired a car today, got some shopping in. Bought some booster seats for the kids (had to leave ours with relatives at Heathrow as we were 20kg over luggage allowance!!!) Singapore Airlines wanted to charge us £600 (at £30 per kilo) for the extra!!!! No way, so we have sent our extra case with excess baggage.com at £94. Still an expense, but beats £600!!!!
Picked up a CD rom ROM today to get internet access, and plan to drive around a few suburbs tomorrow to check them out.
We are currently staying in Carina. Looks nice, but lots of old Queenslander style houses (huntsman attracting!!!). Not sure where we'll find longer term rental yet.
Bye for now.
Claire. x
hiya claire,

may i be the first to say hello to you now you are on the other side!! good luck to you and make sure you keep us posted .

I havent heard wether lynne has got her registration but havent been on for a few days! i'm just waiting for my skills assess to come back and all being well it should be this week but still not back in court until the end of feb!

when you stat looking around for work, will you keep your peekers open for paeds jobs please?

hope the house hunting goes well and you get sorted soon,

love and good wishes to you all

debs x
Old Dec 7th 2005, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

kerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nice

Claire, fantastic to hear you have all arrived safely. Didn't have the excess baggage allowance with Singapore airlines 40kg or was you additional baggage on top of that!!!!

kerry
Old Dec 7th 2005, 3:52 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

fantastic to hear from you!!!

glad your flight was ok, and you are happy

all that bloody luggage of yours!!!!!!!!!! i bet i will struggle then with three little uns!!

anyway, catch up soon, on msn

love and hugs to you all, kisses for the girls

manda and co.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=debbiemc]hiya claire,

may i be the first to say hello to you now you are on the other side!! good luck to you and make sure you keep us posted .

I havent heard wether lynne has got her registration but havent been on for a few days! i'm just waiting for my skills assess to come back and all being well it should be this week but still not back in court until the end of feb!

when you stat looking around for work, will you keep your peekers open for paeds jobs please?

hope the house hunting goes well and you get sorted soon,

love and good wishes to you all

We have already got jobs, and i'm sure you won't have a problem because it was very easy for us. There are two childrens hosps here in Brisbane and we got in touch with them before we applied for visa's. Give them an email and go from there. Good luck with everything.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kerryinuk
Claire, fantastic to hear you have all arrived safely. Didn't have the excess baggage allowance with Singapore airlines 40kg or was you additional baggage on top of that!!!!

kerry

ermmm,

We already had 40 kg each!!!!!

Had Christmas before we left kev's Mum which tipped it I think!!! Never mind, at 45 mins before the flight we had little choice...leave it behind, pay £600 to take on plane or £94 to wait for a few weeks???
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:33 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Claire, wow can't believe you're already there, although I have missed your posts!! keep us updated and any tips you think may help.
Look forward to the next update

mandi x
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amanda76
fantastic to hear from you!!!

glad your flight was ok, and you are happy

all that bloody luggage of yours!!!!!!!!!! i bet i will struggle then with three little uns!!

anyway, catch up soon, on msn

love and hugs to you all, kisses for the girls

manda and co.

Hiya Manda!
Any news on house sale or QNC mate?
love to you too.
x
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mandi248
Hi Claire, wow can't believe you're already there, although I have missed your posts!! keep us updated and any tips you think may help.
Look forward to the next update

mandi x

insect repellant and suncream!!!!
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:40 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Manda!
Any news on house sale or QNC mate?
love to you too.
x
Yep, registration came through, have got a job in a private hospital called pindara, not far from surfer's paradise and we had an offer on the house this morning, hopefully have some news on that tomorrow, so fingers crossed everything is coming together. Hoping to be in Oz in a couple of months

it's all getting a little scary, but exciting

love and hugs
mandi,

p.s. just realised you meant other manda
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:00 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all my BE friends!
Bye for now.
Claire. x
Fantastic news, hope it all goes smoothly....Got my interview soon so fingers crossed..

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Yep, registration came through, have got a job in a private hospital called pindara, not far from surfer's paradise and we had an offer on the house this morning, hopefully have some news on that tomorrow, so fingers crossed everything is coming together. Hoping to be in Oz in a couple of months

love and hugs
mandi,

Fingers crossed Mandi, keep us posted.

Spoke to Claire last night, they are coming to see us today.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

love and hugs
mandi,

That's ok...it's great to hear your good news!!! Keep me posted. x
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:20 am
nursey

Originally Posted by paulb
Fingers crossed Mandi, keep us posted.

Spoke to Claire last night, they are coming to see us today.
Thanks Paul, am just waiting for a phone call from the estate agent to let us know whether it's all systems go. As soon as I know you'll know

Have a lovely time (or should that be I hope you had...) with Claire and family.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:22 am
nursey

That's ok...it's great to hear your good news!!! Keep me posted. x
Thaks Claire, was having one of my "blonde" moments! been having a few of those lately How's the jetlag? or are you too busy?
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.