ielts results

Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

jessieheha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ielts results

Hi, I've just received my ielts results got: Listening 7.0 Reading 9.0
Speaking 9.0 Writing 8.0 Overall Score 8.5

Just having a little stress that I needed to get 7.5 in all categories, or am I going mad with stress

Thanks
jess x
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: ielts results

Just answered my own question, having checked ANMC website, need 7.0 in all, thank goodness for that, Yippee can chilax until next step~ visa~
Jess
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:09 am
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

Well done, Jess
such a relief isn't it!!
Congrats
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks rahrah, it is such a relief. We have just moved house and I started a uni course this week so think in a way they helped to keep my mind off the ielts results. Applying for visa next week, where are you heading off too? We think Brisbane but toying with Perth
Jess x
Old Oct 9th 2009, 11:20 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

Defo, Brissy Jess - got family there!!
Went earlier this year and Loved it - so early part of Quest for me!!
Just about to get skills verified, then onto afterwards Visa!
I need to to take about 18 months!! Got to sell off our life here first!!

Anyway, good luck with your plans!!! Perth, Sydney, Brissy - all sound Fab to me with the dreaded winter on the way
Old Oct 12th 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of

In the audio section bit of the test, do you get to see the script of what has been said?
Old Oct 12th 2009, 6:13 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

Hi Tony,
No , you don't - try some of the practice tests online - they will show the the format (links are available through serach on BE).
I found that you need to listen hard because they tend to lead you away from the correct answer, with a very close inaccurate one - and then come in with answers to the next two questions, close together!! By practicing you can get use to the Tactics!
Good Luck
Old Oct 12th 2009, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of

Thanks rahrar.

It's for the better half actually.

We've done a couple of practise ones online and were both surprised just how difficult they were. Far from what we expected.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

I think the listening test was the most difficult, it was really fast. I got some tapes and book from the library which may have helped, before hand I was more worried about the writing as my spelling is terrible. In hind sight I should have spent more time practising all parts, nevermind don't have to worry about it anymore!!

Good luck to your better half

Jess
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light

I deliberately chose the hard practice tests for my wife. I was also really critical on her spelling and essay format to the point where we had a few arguments! However it all paid off. I expected her to get in the car after the test and say "I hope I never have to do that again" but she got in the car and said " that wasn't that bad and if I have to do it again it wont be a problem". It was even better when she got her results and passed.

We did 30 mins every day. If the practice test says "take 30 mins" then set the clock for 25 mins so that you have to work hard and the real test will be less stressful. My wife found that she had time to check all her answers at the end.

JOHN
Old Nov 6th 2009, 2:53 am
Just Joined

Fadi is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: ielts results

The listening part in IELTS is not only listening !

it is Listening , Thinking and Writing ! 3 tasks in one task !

In my opinion, the most difficult parts are :

1- The writing task
2- The (Academic) reading, though the (General) reading is much easier.

I gave IELTS 2 weeks a go and currently waiting for the results !!

Fadi