I want to be a Nurse like u guys

Old Feb 7th 2006, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

pink_margarita is on a distinguished road
Default I want to be a Nurse like u guys

Hi to all nurses in Australia! I am an electronics engineer in degree and in profession but want to shift into the nursing field when i get my PR visa this year.

Can you tell me how to start and courses that I need to take up when I get to Oz? Assuming that Im already a PR visa holder, is it possible for me to apply for scholarships and grants? I'm planning to stay in Sydney, btw.

need your inputs guys, thanks!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:14 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: I want to be a Nurse like u guys

Think the silence speaks for itself............................us nurses think.

1..your taking the piss

2..your a troll

3..your completely off your rocker

4..your desperate for friends

Old Feb 10th 2006, 12:06 am
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Margaret2

1..your taking the piss

2..your a troll

Ouch, bit harsh. :scared:
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

1..your taking the piss

2..your a troll

excuse me? i didnt know you, Margaret2, don't get any good manners!!! Go tell your mom to teach you some!

Tsk! Wasting your time to insult fellow forum members is "desperate for attention"..........as we engineers think!
Old Feb 10th 2006, 9:03 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pink_margarita
excuse me? i didnt know you, Margaret2, don't get any good manners!!! Go tell your mom to teach you some!

Tsk! Wasting your time to insult fellow forum members is "desperate for attention"..........as we engineers think!

If your post is genuine, then i humbly apologise.

I just can't imagine how anyone would want to change direction if they have an electronics degree but, hey, everyone to their own.

'Attention seeking' I don't do. I have apologised and i hope that this is an end to it, i researched your posts and it seems to be genuine??

However, you have made your point on here, so why did you feel the need to pm me, please don't!!

Last edited by Margaret2; Feb 10th 2006 at 9:19 am.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:42 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

1..your taking the piss

2..your a troll

For me its........I don't know the answer

During my 20 years in nursing I have met many nurses who have given up "good" jobs to go into nursing ie stockbrokers and accountants. I might think they are bonkers making such a decision but each to their own

The OP may get a clearer response on the immigration forum as the clever people there may know.

Gillian
Old Feb 10th 2006, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all nurses in Australia! I am an electronics engineer in degree and in profession but want to shift into the nursing field when i get my PR visa this year.

Can you tell me how to start and courses that I need to take up when I get to Oz? Assuming that Im already a PR visa holder, is it possible for me to apply for scholarships and grants? I'm planning to stay in Sydney, btw.

need your inputs guys, thanks!

Hi
You need to get together course prospectus's from Universities and put in an application. Registered Nurse courses are all degree courses here and have more theory but less hands on practical ward based elements to them than in the UK, which might explain why, when the graduates do start work as RN's, many decide nursing's not for them and don't stay long. As for scholarships and grants, unless you're Aboriginal or want to work in remote and rural areas I don't think there are that many available. But the good news is the courses seem to be part time and many nursing students work part time jobs to pay for their courses, some as AIN's (nursing assistants) in hospitals, but others not necessarily in the nursing field. Good luck with the visa.
Sue
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:26 am
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SueandIan
Hi
You need to get together course prospectus's from Universities and put in an application. Registered Nurse courses are all degree courses here and have more theory but less hands on practical ward based elements to them than in the UK, which might explain why, when the graduates do start work as RN's, many decide nursing's not for them and don't stay long. As for scholarships and grants, unless you're Aboriginal or want to work in remote and rural areas I don't think there are that many available. But the good news is the courses seem to be part time and many nursing students work part time jobs to pay for their courses, some as AIN's (nursing assistants) in hospitals, but others not necessarily in the nursing field. Good luck with the visa.
Sue

I have a business and economics degree, and became a nurse only wish I had done it sooner. some good advice from the previous postee. Try the university's direct.

J
Old Feb 13th 2006, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eljustino
I have a business and economics degree, and became a nurse only wish I had done it sooner. some good advice from the previous postee. Try the university's direct.

J
The reason why i wanna shift into nursing is that my degree may not even be recognized in Oz. Also, electronics engg is not that in demand anymore...im only thinking about the long term benefits of a nursing job.

My concern is that, is getting a Certificate in TAFE makes me qualified to work as enrolled nurse? Which cert level would that be? HOw long, etc? Im so confused as I wanna get in a univ but discovered that new PR's are not qualified for the HECS-HELP...or are they?

As for Margaret2, i was just shocked with the way you replied as I've been surfing about nursing studies in oz but still dont quite understand the div1div2 thingie...so my reaction to your post was that i thought you were being greedy of sharing what you know...ok so im sorry too..for snapping like that, as I expected helpful replies like the ones i get in the Aus/Nz Immi threads. Case closed. No worries.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

The reason why i wanna shift into nursing is that my degree may not even be recognized in Oz. Also, electronics engg is not that in demand anymore...im only thinking about the long term benefits of a nursing job.

My concern is that, is getting a Certificate in TAFE makes me qualified to work as enrolled nurse? Which cert level would that be? HOw long, etc? Im so confused as I wanna get in a univ but discovered that new PR's are not qualified for the HECS-HELP...or are they?

As for Margaret2, i was just shocked with the way you replied as I've been surfing about nursing studies in oz but still dont quite understand the div1div2 thingie...so my reaction to your post was that i thought you were being greedy of sharing what you know...ok so im sorry too..for snapping like that, as I expected helpful replies like the ones i get in the Aus/Nz Immi threads. Case closed. No worries.
Heres some links that might be useful to you:-

http://www.tafensw.edu.au/howex/serv...e&CourseNo=314

http://www.goingtouni.gov.au/Main/Fe...te/Default.htm

Sue