I have a job in community with Blue Care

Old Nov 8th 2005, 2:18 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking I have a job in community with Blue Care

Hi everyone... I have managed to get a Staff Nurse job with Blue Care ... (I think as haven't stated yet) with an office just outside of Brisbane near Sunshine Coast. So will let you know what they are like to work with.

Have taken a step down for now from G in UK to Staff Nurse in Aus as don't seem to be getting any Clinical Nurse bites, will just have to fast track myself back up to G equivalent once I get my foot in the door.

Haven't a clue what I'm getting paid as they couldn't tell me at the interview so may be on total pleb new starter wage... . Will let you know once I find out.

Has any one got any jobs around Brisbane area that are all they could ask for as could be tempted away to another area???
Old Nov 8th 2005, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have a job in community with Blue Care

Originally Posted by annqldau
Hi everyone... I have managed to get a Staff Nurse job with Blue Care ... (I think as haven't stated yet) with an office just outside of Brisbane near Sunshine Coast. So will let you know what they are like to work with.

Have taken a step down for now from G in UK to Staff Nurse in Aus as don't seem to be getting any Clinical Nurse bites, will just have to fast track myself back up to G equivalent once I get my foot in the door.

Haven't a clue what I'm getting paid as they couldn't tell me at the interview so may be on total pleb new starter wage... . Will let you know once I find out.

Has any one got any jobs around Brisbane area that are all they could ask for as could be tempted away to another area???
I'll be really interested to hear what it's like as I want community work on sunshine coast when I get there. As far as your pay goes, give them proof of experience/hours worked over past few years, maybe from refs from your skills assessment, and they should pay according to experience. This happened to me when I started work in a private hospital there a few years back, they were only going to pay me year one rates, but when I got the evidence and did a stat dec, I got year 8 pay, as I had worked continuosly full time before going there.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:32 am

Cool Re: I have a job in community with Blue Care

Thanks for the advice Kitty. Not sure how the pay thing will work now with these new laws that John Howard has brought in... seems they can pay you what they want. Plus it was advertised as level 1 and I have been getting paid at level 2 so they may say hard luck you put in for it... .

Will def post what job is like as quite a few people interested in community. I was advised by Blue Care when I got to Aus to send CV to Blue Care as that is all they require for Staff Nurse unlike queensland health who want the far end of it.

Just pleased to have a job and not as was getting used to sitting around in the sun.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Thanks for the advice Kitty. Not sure how the pay thing will work now with these new laws that John Howard has brought in... seems they can pay you what they want. Plus it was advertised as level 1 and I have been getting paid at level 2 so they may say hard luck you put in for it... .

Will def post what job is like as quite a few people interested in community. I was advised by Blue Care when I got to Aus to send CV to Blue Care as that is all they require for Staff Nurse unlike queensland health who want the far end of it.

Just pleased to have a job and not as was getting used to sitting around in the sun.
Good luck with it annqldau! I'm sure once you find your feet you'll be able to sort out pay, if not, you can always find another job. I guess the important thing is that you're earning and you're in the country you want to be in. You can always improve your wage later!
All the best and keep me posted about the meet. I'll be arriving very soon!!!!
Claire. x
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:02 am

Cheers... will do.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 6:58 am

Angry Re: I have a job in community with Blue Care

Got pack off Blue Care today and I ahve to now obtain a commision of children and young people check for criminal history costing $40 and then another police check costing $38....another $78 dollard into a black hole when I know I haven't got a criminal record and surely couldn't have got my visa if I did... like the way it is me who knows i'm squeaky clean who has to pay it and not them... . Could have bought me a fly zapper with that money.

Starting wage level 1 staff nurse for Blue Care is $18.9362 per hour plus any fuel allowance of weekend rate etc. and if you can prove have been higher band previously they MAY increase this. So I will be taking in my past wage history and contacting previous HR if necessary.

From what I was told at interview I then have to buy uniform but if it has printed logo can claim tax back and if it doesn't can't. NHS may have been better than we thought... .
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Got pack off Blue Care today and I ahve to now obtain a commision of children and young people check for criminal history costing $40 and then another police check costing $38....another $78 dollard into a black hole when I know I haven't got a criminal record and surely couldn't have got my visa if I did... like the way it is me who knows i'm squeaky clean who has to pay it and not them... . Could have bought me a fly zapper with that money.

Starting wage level 1 staff nurse for Blue Care is $18.9362 per hour plus any fuel allowance of weekend rate etc. and if you can prove have been higher band previously they MAY increase this. So I will be taking in my past wage history and contacting previous HR if necessary.

From what I was told at interview I then have to buy uniform but if it has printed logo can claim tax back and if it doesn't can't. NHS may have been better than we thought... .
Hi,
I have a few friends/colleagues who have worked in Aus. Many have come home and told me that they think the NHS is very good. (Doesn't bode well does it?). In my opinion, (although I haven't arrived yet!!!), the working conditions may not be better, but if the sun is always shining and life outside of work is more relaxed and enjoyable, then that must make life happier.
Now, PLEASE don't tell me it's raining in Brisbane today!!!!
Good luck with it.
Claire. x
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:27 pm

Haven't started work so can't comment on the working conditions yet but there are any amount of jobs advertised more than UK so more chances to change if not happy.

Also Queensland health has had a major public crisis to do with care and health service in general so are pumping more money into system and advertising more jobs.

Back in UK the District Nursing Service was being carved off to someown known sector where I worked so wouldn't def have been better off, could have ended up working for Tesco District Nursing.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:31 pm

Forgot to say it's 8.30 am in the morning and weather cracking, have already had breakfast outside and is about 27c already.

Rain tends to be torential then gone so no worries there either unless you are stood in it....
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:05 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah your still not putting me off yet Ann!!!!! I'm going to get cracking with job hunting on Monday - will get that CV off to Bluecare in Redland bay etc.

Anything special I should be doing to my CV? Mine isn't that detailed - do they want a lot of info on previous experience in community on the CV?

Any more info on applying etc would be great Ann - what date do you start officially?

Lynn x
Old Nov 10th 2005, 7:17 am

Mine was the far end of a fart CV as just sent them my Sister CV couldn't see the point in dumbing down... they either want me or they don't so I would just send your usual with your brief past experience plus your recent community position and skills/role.

Noticed OZ Care community in the city near fortitude valley but not sure if they are out Redlands way or not.

Should be a few Blue Cares out that way at Cleveland, Southport etc. I would think.

Good luck with the job hunting... .
Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

hi ann,

i sent them an email a couple of weeks ago about child care in the community and have heard nothing. when you get settled, is there a chance you can find out for me if there are any jobs for paeds nurses please?

congratulations on the job offer

debbie
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:06 am

Didn't notice anything about child care but supose it may depend which area you settle in and what is available locally. They did have casual and temp jobs as well I think as well as part time.