I have been offered a job but ...

Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:45 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default I have been offered a job but ...

I have to go back to working shifts including nights

I'm so used to working day shifts now I don't know how I'll cope
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have been offered a job but ...

Originally Posted by Kapri
I have to go back to working shifts including nights

I'm so used to working day shifts now I don't know how I'll cope
Then look around for the job you really want, or use this as a stepping stone.
Shifts in NZ are dreadful.... not sure about OZ, but a ND starts at 11pm and a late shift is roughly 2.30-11, that to me is a late finish.
Gill
Old Jun 18th 2008, 12:06 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Shifts in NZ are dreadful.... not sure about OZ, but a ND starts at 11pm and a late shift is roughly 2.30-11, that to me is a late finish.
Gill
Yep - these are the same shifts as I'll be doing

I have been offered a fantastic relocation package though
Old Jun 19th 2008, 8:49 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the job but remember a relocation package usually ties you to the job for 2 years or you have to pay it back.

shifts can be a pain in the butt but they can also make things easier for you as you can shop in the week stuff like that

With luck you will love the job
go forn it
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Pinkybee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Gill
Here they are usualy 14.00-22.30 and 22.30-07.30
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:27 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a shift at my wife's hospital 5.30 to 1.30am.It's a shocker.I'd wait up for her to get home alright.Next day we're both Knackered.Thankfully she doesn't have to do that one anymore.She's strictly 7am to 3.30
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:17 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

I work the same kind of roster they practice in Greylands and you end up doing alot more day shifts - you do 2 lots of 4 days with 2 days off in between them all then 2 lots of lates, back to 2 lots of day shifts then 2 lots of night and again back to days ..............and so it goes round......!
Good things - predictable (- I know my Christmas roster)
No long stretches of work - regular days off (every 4 for full time)
Fair distribution of weekend work (good unsocial hours rates)
Bad things - unflexible (I'm lucky I have someone I swap my night duties with !)
Shift work - Late shift is very late BUT you can always "do" lunch.

Hope this helps - I also hadn't done shifts for a long time (10 years) but I'm not finding them too bad really !

Gillian