how much work experience???

Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

chzza is an unknown quantity at this point
Question how much work experience???

i'm a 2nd yr student nurse. i wanna go OZ when qualified.
i read on a previous thread that a nurse was refused a 136 visa for not having enough work experience or working enough hours

How much experience do you need?? i was hoping to apply for my visa after 6 months full-time post reg experience. would i be refused??
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all
Default Re: how much work experience???

136 visa requires 12months post reg experience. You can opt for 457 visa instead, no experience required but some restrictions which make it less favourable. Could also consider 134 state sponsorship (6 months post -reg) or regional migration scheme visa (no experience, but generally cant live/work in the cities, save Adelaide).

Ade S
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
136 visa requires 12months post reg experience. You can opt for 457 visa instead, no experience required but some restrictions which make it less favourable. Could also consider 134 state sponsorship (6 months post -reg) or regional migration scheme visa (no experience, but generally cant live/work in the cities, save Adelaide).

Ade S
oh right cause i was thinking if i apply after 6 mnths exp, by the time the visa comes i'll have had 12mnths. or does it not work like that?
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

No, unfortunately it doesn't work like that. You need 12months experience at the time of application, and those 12 months must have been within the last 18 months. State sponsored 134 sounds like your best bet, all the states are applicable, except Queensland i think. Im not to well informed about this visa though. Lots on this site go for 457 visas. Works for lots, doesn't work for others. Lots of restrictions like health care, buying property, time doesn't count towards citizenship etc
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
No, unfortunately it doesn't work like that. You need 12months experience at the time of application, and those 12 months must have been within the last 18 months. State sponsored 134 sounds like your best bet, all the states are applicable, except Queensland i think. Im not to well informed about this visa though. Lots on this site go for 457 visas. Works for lots, doesn't work for others. Lots of restrictions like health care, buying property, time doesn't count towards citizenship etc
oh thanks. i think i'll just wait and do the full 12. its only extra 6 mnths. i'm sure it'll fly by
i don't know much bout other visa's but i do wanna apply for the independent PR. guess i'll have to wait bit longer
Old Feb 4th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Yep, it is 12 months before you apply but to be honest you will be grateful for that when you come over here. Its very different nursing here because in some areas you are not as supported with HCA etc as in the UK so its good to get your ground work done in the UK where you have been used to the nursing there (hopefully you will get work that is!). I came here on 12 months experience and I am glad that I had that backup to get me going. Emigrating is hard enough without having to learn lots of different stuff when you get here.

Your year will fly by.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
Yep, it is 12 months before you apply but to be honest you will be grateful for that when you come over here. Its very different nursing here because in some areas you are not as supported with HCA etc as in the UK so its good to get your ground work done in the UK where you have been used to the nursing there (hopefully you will get work that is!). I came here on 12 months experience and I am glad that I had that backup to get me going. Emigrating is hard enough without having to learn lots of different stuff when you get here.

Your year will fly by.
I'd second that, I came on a 457 through my hubby, qualified in Sept last year and started on the grad programme last week. What a shock, they don't have HCA's and EVERYTHING is different, paperwork galore, abbreviations to mention a few. Very dififcult to get your head around and I'm dreading going in next week.

My advice, get some experience first but just my opinion

Carol
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolwilk34
I'd second that, I came on a 457 through my hubby, qualified in Sept last year and started on the grad programme last week. What a shock, they don't have HCA's and EVERYTHING is different, paperwork galore, abbreviations to mention a few. Very dififcult to get your head around and I'm dreading going in next week.

My advice, get some experience first but just my opinion

Carol
thanks for the advice.