Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations
Reload this Page >

How do you go about getting a territory to sponsor for 134 visa?

How do you go about getting a territory to sponsor for 134 visa?

Old Jan 10th 2007, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold
Default How do you go about getting a territory to sponsor for 134 visa?

I have 8 years experience working over 24+ hours per week, but fior the last 18 months i have only been employed as bank nurse and haven;t been working over 20+ hours. As i currently don't have the required 12 months at 20+ hours I cannot apply for the 136 for another 12 months. I want to start the process at the end of this year so can have clocked up 6 months worth of 20+ hours by then, but how do I go about getting nominated for the 134 visa. Do i need a job offer or can i just apply to the register in my chosen state and ask them to nominate me?????

Alternativley how do i find somewhere to sponsor me on the RSMS visa (am i right in thinking this has no recent work expereince requirements). i have absolutely no idea where to start looking for jobs or going about this.

Is it just the visa that has to have the recent work expereince eligibility? in other words if i decide to wait until i have 12 months at 20+ hours can i still be getting my registration and my skills assessed by ANMC?

I wish i had decided to do this 2 years ago because i would have still been in a contract and would have been without a break for the previous 8 years, now since we have moved i cannot get a job that will allow me to do set shifts so i can sort childcare so i am having to work bank, and the bank i work for are so useless if you didn't pester them 4 times a day you would never get any work, as it is i struggle to get 1 night a week, but i'm hoping i can start getting more in the near future so as to start getting my eligibilty back.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:40 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you go about getting a territory to sponsor for 134 visa?

Originally Posted by suzanne7575
Do i need a job offer or can i just apply to the register in my chosen state and ask them to nominate me?????
Most states will sponsor nurses without a job offer. These are the main three:

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au
http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au
http://www.migration.wa.gov.au

NSW, Tasmania and the ACT also sponsor for Skill Matching. NT may have started recently I'm not sure if nurses are on the NSW list but you should be ok for Tasmania or ACT. Their websites are linked somewhere on the DIMA site.

As far as I know Queensland doesn't sponsor offshore applicants.

Alternativley how do i find somewhere to sponsor me on the RSMS visa (am i right in thinking this has no recent work expereince requirements). i have absolutely no idea where to start looking for jobs or going about this.
Hospitals can sponsor for RSMS. But you will get some that will only sponsor for temporary visas - advisable to look elsewhere or alternatively get your own Skill Matching visa.

Is it just the visa that has to have the recent work expereince eligibility? in other words if i decide to wait until i have 12 months at 20+ hours can i still be getting my registration and my skills assessed by ANMC?
As far as I know you can proceed with ANMC now. They don't have the same requirements as DIMA. ANMC skill assessments are valid for 2 years, as far as I know.

State nominations also have an expiry date - 6 months is typical but check with the state in question if they can extend it if you need to clock up work experience before being eligible to apply to DIMA.