hours in nursing

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future
Default hours in nursing

Could anyone tell me who actually checks that you have 20 hours nursing/midwifery a week, the immigration or Australian nursing council. I have been caught up in the job freeze and hope to combine nursing and midwifery hours to make up the 20hours. As a family we have visited Brisbane in April and really enjoyed it, just need to get the visa started now.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all
Default Re: hours in nursing

Immigration Dept check the hours, and they are strict. Wouldn't rcommend applying if you don't have the hours because you'll lose your application fee.

If you don't have the hours there are other options open to you like sponsorship for permanent residency and a 134 visa, which I think you only need to have worked fulltime for the last 6 months.

If you do a search in this forum there have been a few discussions about the 20 hour rule.

Others may know abit more about this.

Wren x
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

PS Welcome to the forum
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Just seen there's a thread in the immigration forum that may be helpful. It's title is something to do with MATERNITY leave. x
Old Jun 24th 2006, 8:48 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stickygreen
Could anyone tell me who actually checks that you have 20 hours nursing/midwifery a week, the immigration or Australian nursing council. I have been caught up in the job freeze and hope to combine nursing and midwifery hours to make up the 20hours. As a family we have visited Brisbane in April and really enjoyed it, just need to get the visa started now.

yes, this has been covered by several...very looooong....threads!! mainly by me and lynnlovessun!!
we encountered the same problem, and yes they do read your statements of employment/refs which should clearly outline your weekly working hours.
a cuople of nurses 2 or 3 years ago got visas when theyd only worked 13hrs....but i think they have now tightened up and are quite strict about it.

if you do a forum search, you will find lots of threads about it.....and as i said, some are very long!!!

good luck,

sue
Old Jun 24th 2006, 10:34 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

yeah flippin nightmare!

I hope I will be ok... I sent in my agency shifts print outs that I did for 7 months when I dropped my hours down to 15. So I hope they are ok with that!
Old Jun 24th 2006, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
yeah flippin nightmare!

I hope I will be ok... I sent in my agency shifts print outs that I did for 7 months when I dropped my hours down to 15. So I hope they are ok with that!
that is the problem I have at the moment, I do 15 hours midwifery and the rest of the hours are with NHS Professionals, just hope I can combine the two to make up the 20 hours.

really desperate to get there
Jo Green
Old Jun 24th 2006, 11:04 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

that is the problem I have at the moment, I do 15 hours midwifery and the rest of the hours are with NHS Professionals, just hope I can combine the two to make up the 20 hours.

really desperate to get there
Jo Green

you will be ok

what lynn and I did was make ourselves a kind of offduty chart, with weekly hours for each employer to show we worked in excess of 20 ....
i cant find mine any more (cos i didnt satisfy the hours so have given up on that avenue and now doing hubbys tra)

will try and find an example for ya

sue
Old Jun 24th 2006, 11:18 am

ok.... this might be a bit laborious, but worth it in the end.

try making yourself a speadsheet or table like this ....

you would need to do it for the 12 - 18 months so it will be a fair few pages long - get each employer to sign a copy to state that this is a true copy of the hours you worked for them ..... again it will take a few pages, but its a clear statement of the hours you have worked.

you can also get each agency/employer to do a statement saying you were in continuous paid employment with them, but on a casual/temporary basis.
john sylvester at go matilda told me that as long as the statement says you were in continuous paid employment you will have no problems. any breaks in the weeks you worked can be shown on the table ...... and providing there are 52 weeks out of 78 that show you working 20+hours you are ok.

hope that helps
Attached Files
File Type: doc
example of weekly hours.doc (30.5 KB, 94 views)
Old Jun 25th 2006, 10:28 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

What I did, was asked NHSP to print out off all the hours I had worked for them over the 7 months and stamp the print out and sign and date it. I then sent off a months payslips from NHSP. So fingers crossed eh?
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
What I did, was asked NHSP to print out off all the hours I had worked for them over the 7 months and stamp the print out and sign and date it. I then sent off a months payslips from NHSP. So fingers crossed eh?
Thanks for all your replies, I have kept timesheets and the payslips to go with them, I am just worried as I am doing 15 hours midwifery and the rest of the hours are nursing shifts, just hoping I can combine the two to make the 20, has anyone done before. I am just trying to keep feet in both camps, thinking that this will be of benefit when we get to Brisbane.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:15 am

just hoping I can combine the two to make the 20, has anyone done before.

yes, we have done it before - if you read the threads i put up and look at the attachment it will show you how (unless i didnt explain myself clearly).
Old Jun 26th 2006, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
yes, we have done it before - if you read the threads i put up and look at the attachment it will show you how (unless i didnt explain myself clearly).
very well explained, looking at your attachment is what I have in progress already, it was just the mixing of midwifery and nursing hours that was a worry. thank you once again
Old Jun 26th 2006, 11:33 am

very well explained, looking at your attachment is what I have in progress already, it was just the mixing of midwifery and nursing hours that was a worry. thank you once again

you should be ok with the mixing of nursing/middy hours - sorry didnt see that bit!
im sure if you do forum search, a midwife did something similar a year or two ago and had no problems