Hospitals Perth... Help!

Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:36 am
Just Joined

janeanddan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hospitals Perth... Help!

Hi everyone!

I am currently planning to travel to Australia (Perth) with my Boyfriend on a working holiday visa for 6-12 months. Hoping to be there by November 08. I have applied to the NBWA at the beginning of December and am currently looking at jobs. I have sent my CV to Fremantle Hospital and Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital as seems to be good feedback for these hospitals.

Does anyone know anything about Perth hospitals? The good, the bad and the ugly? Was thinking about Royal Perth but seems to be some negative feedback on this forum.

Really want to enjoy my time in Australia and i know that my experience will be what i make of it but any feedback / advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Jane x
Old Feb 1st 2008, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

nicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hospitals Perth... Help!

Originally Posted by janeanddan
Hi everyone!

I am currently planning to travel to Australia (Perth) with my Boyfriend on a working holiday visa for 6-12 months. Hoping to be there by November 08. I have applied to the NBWA at the beginning of December and am currently looking at jobs. I have sent my CV to Fremantle Hospital and Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital as seems to be good feedback for these hospitals.

Does anyone know anything about Perth hospitals? The good, the bad and the ugly? Was thinking about Royal Perth but seems to be some negative feedback on this forum.

Really want to enjoy my time in Australia and i know that my experience will be what i make of it but any feedback / advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Jane x
I start work at Sir Charles end Feb. Had good reports about it from a friend who is already there. Will post on here when i have started.
Good luck
Old Feb 1st 2008, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nicolamoon
I start work at Sir Charles end Feb. Had good reports about it from a friend who is already there. Will post on here when i have started.
Good luck
Thanks!

Look forward to hearing your feedback! Good luck with the job!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Pinkybee is on a distinguished road

Remember, you can't be employed into a permanent role if you are on a WHV, only casually on their nurse banks. Some hospitals will take nurses on a locum basis of up to 6 months (as is the visa restriction) but not many.

Fremantle is ugly, it's just not a nice place to work at all. No orientation was offered, it just seemed a little unsafe.
I worked for a few months at St John Of God Subiaco-it was one of the best places I've ever worked! The staff are lovely, they offer more support than others and they pay higher than all the public hosptials too
Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Have been offered an interview for a job at Freemantle Hospital ward B7N which is urology/ ENT/ colorecteal and plastics whch is pretty much what i'm doing in the UK. Charles Gairdner have also said that they would consider me for a job, but nearer to the time i plan to travel. Think your post was the first negative feedback i've seen about Freemantle. Which area did you work in there? Think i'll send my CV off to St John of God, thanks! Hadn't really considered private as lots of negative feedback on forum.

If anyone else has any input about any of the above hospitals (particularly any nurses on ward B7N Fremantle) then i'd love to gear from you!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Pinkybee is on a distinguished road

I did a few shifts in ICU at Fremantle.

Private hospitals in Perth are great, maybe because Perth is so much smaller than the other major cities in Australia it didn't seem as busy as working in private in Melbourne.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:59 am
Just Joined

Emma07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have been offered an interview for a job at Freemantle Hospital ward B7N which is urology/ ENT/ colorecteal and plastics whch is pretty much what i'm doing in the UK. Charles Gairdner have also said that they would consider me for a job, but nearer to the time i plan to travel. Think your post was the first negative feedback i've seen about Freemantle. Which area did you work in there? Think i'll send my CV off to St John of God, thanks! Hadn't really considered private as lots of negative feedback on forum.

If anyone else has any input about any of the above hospitals (particularly any nurses on ward B7N Fremantle) then i'd love to gear from you!
I've also worked at Freo - but am now at Murdoch. I love it.
I've seen other people comment that the private sector does not salary package or pay the same as public - but this is not the case.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Hi Emma!

Thanks for reply. I have an interview on Wed for a surgical ward at Fremantle. What made you move to Murdoch from Freo if you don't mind me asking? Have also been offered interviews at Murdoch & Subiaco SJOG. Its so difficult to decide where to work! What area do you work in?
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Emma07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I moved for career opportunities. I liked Fremantle but I wouldn't go back there now after working at Murdoch. Murdoch has a real family feel to it - you get to know everyone. It's also easy to get to and is lovely and new. Car parking is easy (and free) or you can get the train. Both places have good education on offer.

I work in critical care. Murdoch has an Emergency Department (Subiaco does not) which makes work on the wards a bit more varied and exciting.

do you know where you'll be staying in Perth? This could help you decide.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for info. Not sure where we are going to be staying yet so that isn't really a factor. Going to be staying in hostels when we first arrive in Perth until we sort somewhere to rent. Murdoch sounds good.... might be bumping into you yet!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

ashr is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for info. Not sure where we are going to be staying yet so that isn't really a factor. Going to be staying in hostels when we first arrive in Perth until we sort somewhere to rent. Murdoch sounds good.... might be bumping into you yet!
hi anybody got any info about rockingham hospital? i'm expecting a telephone interview later today, i cant find any website etc for hospital. also whats the telephone interview all about anybody know?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

nicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant future

Hi, dont know anything about Rockingham hosp but i work at Sir Charles Gairdner in Perth, been there two weeks now and its fab. I had a telephone interview prior to leaving the uk. It was very informal and did not realise the interview had started when they offered me the job!!!! They are desperate for nurses here so as long as you are willing to work hard and go along with the ozzie way of things you will be fine. Good luck, relax and you will get the job! Let us know how you go.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:35 pm
lisa

lisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nice

hi do you know rupert hodder, he works at charles de gardiner, he was a surgeon at warrington, get good vibes about this hospital, which areas do you live in you decide to work there?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lisabarber
hi do you know rupert hodder, he works at charles de gardiner, he was a surgeon at warrington, get good vibes about this hospital, which areas do you live in you decide to work there?
no i dont know the surgeon only been there 2 weeks and work on a non-surgical unit, charlies is a big hospital. I have a friend working there and i took her recommendation. We currently in Clarkson area
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nicolamoon
Hi, dont know anything about Rockingham hosp but i work at Sir Charles Gairdner in Perth, been there two weeks now and its fab. I had a telephone interview prior to leaving the uk. It was very informal and did not realise the interview had started when they offered me the job!!!! They are desperate for nurses here so as long as you are willing to work hard and go along with the ozzie way of things you will be fine. Good luck, relax and you will get the job! Let us know how you go.
Hi! Glad all is going well for you at Charlies. I had a telephone interview for Fremantle and have been offered a job there. Hope i get on as well as you seem to be doing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.