Hi from newbie seeking hope.

Old Jan 30th 2005, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Dreamaway is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi from newbie seeking hope.

Always wanted to GO? but no go because of family ties.!!!!!!
Now me left and family gone.
Am I too old at 60 to get job as registered nurse in western Aus????
Please...................please can someone tell me truely. :scared:
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:01 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from newbie seeking hope.

Originally Posted by Dreamaway
Always wanted to GO? but no go because of family ties.!!!!!!
Now me left and family gone.
Am I too old at 60 to get job as registered nurse in western Aus????
Please...................please can someone tell me truely. :scared:
hi, dunno the answer to your question, but have you looked at this site - its the official aus dept of immigration, and will guide you through the visas you could apply for;
http://www.immi.gov.au/

if you dont find what you need on there (it is an emmense site!) then try one of the immigration agents - do a search for GoMatilda, who are highly recommended on here - and they will be able to advise you.

good lcuk, and let us know how you get on,

sue
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:04 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hi, dunno the answer to your question, but have you looked at this site - its the official aus dept of immigration, and will guide you through the visas you could apply for;
http://www.immi.gov.au/

if you dont find what you need on there (it is an emmense site!) then try one of the immigration agents - do a search for GoMatilda, who are highly recommended on here - and they will be able to advise you.

good lcuk, and let us know how you get on,

sue
Unfortunately at age 60 there is little or no hope of a skilled visa - general skilled is closed and even a regional employer sponsored visa is very unlikely, even if you could find an employer willing to sponsor someone that age.

If there is an employer keen to hire then get professional advice but be prepared for a struggle on the visa front.

Jeremy
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Perhaps if I'm not looking for a sponsor. While searching the web I came across a Goverment doc re-skilled workers and age discrimination after 50 years.
Perhaps if I visit family then maybe get 2 year work visa? Eh!
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:31 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps if I'm not looking for a sponsor. While searching the web I came across a Goverment doc re-skilled workers and age discrimination after 50 years.
Perhaps if I visit family then maybe get 2 year work visa? Eh!
Have you got family in Australia? What kind of relatives?

You can get a 457 visa (work permit) the problem is that without permanent residence you face a one-way trip home at the end. And for a work visa you need a sponsoring employer.

Look at the DIMIA site for migration visas that might suit based on family ties. These have their own requirements but are not usually age dependent.

Jeremy
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

I am so glade I found this forum with so many sensible answers from people.

Since searching the web with my origional query I have had to block repeated reminders which made me suspicious from ('a named person' @migrationexpert.c) re-Australian Migration Interview. Is this part of the normal procedures?

Also can anyone verify how relevant is the points system?
Re- one requires 120 to quality, and given my age is 60 I scored 135.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

JAJ
Thanks I shall follow your advice.
Family is Daughter and grandchildren, who own a business but not my line of work which is nursing.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

JAJ
Many thanks again. I have now got all the info I need via the DIMIA site.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 9:19 pm
JAJ
Retired

Also can anyone verify how relevant is the points system?
Re- one requires 120 to quality, and given my age is 60 I scored 135.
General skilled migration is only possible if you are under 45 - they will refuse your application before looking at points if you are not (also - how did you think you had 135 points being aged 60, most applicants struggle to get to 120?)

Jeremy
Old Jan 30th 2005, 9:21 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ
Thanks I shall follow your advice.
Family is Daughter and grandchildren, who own a business but not my line of work which is nursing.
Is your daughter an Australian citizen or permanent resident? And how many other children do you have?

Take a look at this visa to see if you qualify:
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/fam...ry_parents.htm

Jeremy
Old Jan 30th 2005, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

JAJ
Yes that is the one which I just accessed - www.immi.gov.au.(Parents section)
Sorry, in AU I have a son, daughter in law & 2 grandchildren. I also have a daughter in the UK who is likely to emigrate to Europe.

Points system: I did the skills points trial test on the web which took account of qualifications/degrees/competencies/available finances /family living there etc and ended up with 135 points, which is the reason I asked how reliable it was. Even gave myself NILL for age.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 2:24 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ
Yes that is the one which I just accessed - www.immi.gov.au.(Parents section)
Sorry, in AU I have a son, daughter in law & 2 grandchildren. I also have a daughter in the UK who is likely to emigrate to Europe.
If you have only two children, and there are no other children that you or your spouse have, then one in Australia is enough for the balance of familyt test.

Read the information on the Contributory Parents visa.

Points system: I did the skills points trial test on the web which took account of qualifications/degrees/competencies/available finances /family living there etc and ended up with 135 points, which is the reason I asked how reliable it was. Even gave myself NILL for age.
It's virtually impossible for someone your age to have 135 points even with sponsorship. Where did you get the points from?
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...oints_test.htm

Anyway, it's all irrelevant - as you are aged over 45 you do not qualify for any kind of points tested migration. It's important to understand it's not just a question of getting zero points for age - it's a question of not meeting a basic requirement and you will be refused if you apply for this visa. There is *no* uncertainty about that.

Forget any idea of points tested migration. Look at the Contributory Parent visa. This is nothing to do with your age or skills, but fundamentally it's about whether you meet the 'balance of family' test.

Jeremy