help please re ANMC form

Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:34 am
Just Joined

joolsnsteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face help please re ANMC form

Hi,
I'm in the process of filling out the ANMC form and i've got a couple of what are probably silly questions.

I qualified in 1993 and got my RGN qualification......what do I put where it says type of award??? It was in the days before degrees and diploma's.

Whats the difference between the graduation certificate and initial registration certificate?

Thank you very much in advance,

Jools
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:01 am
Just Joined

janrox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help please re ANMC form

Originally Posted by joolsnsteve
Hi,
I'm in the process of filling out the ANMC form and i've got a couple of what are probably silly questions.

I qualified in 1993 and got my RGN qualification......what do I put where it says type of award??? It was in the days before degrees and diploma's.

Whats the difference between the graduation certificate and initial registration certificate?

Jools
Hi I qualified in 1994 and I think the type of award is Registered nurse, it is equivalent to a diploma. The initial registration certificate is your statement of entry to the register and I think the graduation certificate is the A4 sheet of paper saying you are a qualified nurse and has the college of nursing stamp on it. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Jools

Hi Jools, just put what is on your certificate, first level nurse trained in...... Your registration certificate is what comes from the NMC. The graduation cert is what you get from the uni/college on completion of your training. Hope this helps.

Donna
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

joolsnsteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for your help!! I told you it was a silly question! I'm sure there will be lots more to come so please be patient with me.

Jools x
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future

hi, i am also just filling in the full skills assessment. have managed to contact my old HR department for a past employment statement. how comprehensive does this have to be? just worried about getting everything through first time round. any tips or hints appreciated.

jo
Old Mar 6th 2007, 3:50 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Jools
your initial rigistration certificate, is your original statement of entry onto the reigister, graduation is your certificate for passing the exam.
If you have lost it , you can get another from nmc, i lost my nmc card at one point and had to get my nos changed and got a new registration certificate, as my nmc nos got changed to avoid fraud, its no hassle

Last edited by Margaret3; Mar 6th 2007 at 3:53 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 3:52 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stickygreen
hi, i am also just filling in the full skills assessment. have managed to contact my old HR department for a past employment statement. how comprehensive does this have to be? just worried about getting everything through first time round. any tips or hints appreciated.

jo
If you are getting registered it has to be from the hr dept or director of nursing, anmc accept one from your manager , remember to put EVERYTHING on headed paper
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:18 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

jo
hi jo

It needs to state in what capacity you were employed, what your contracted hours were (ie, worked 24 hours per week on a 40 week term time contract) and that you were employed on a continuous paid basis - any maternity leave etc is then construed to be contiuous paid employment so dont worry if you had 6 months off (if thats relevant to you!!)
It needs to state exact dates too ... and any changes to your employment needs to be clearly specified;
mine stated -
Miss M M MMMM was employed by MMM nhs trust as a D grade Staff nurse, on ward MM within the general surgery directorate.
her contract of employment was permanent, and her hours worked were thus;
3/9/03 - employed on a 38 week term time basis, at 37.5 hours per week,
1/2/04 - contract of continuous employment changed to 38 week term time basis at 24 hours per week,
1/9/04 - contract of continuous employment changed to 38 weeks term time basis at 18 hours per week.
1/9/05 - contract of employment ended.
miss m was employed on a continuous paid basis, taking standard holiday and standard maternity entitlement within these dates.
miss m was paid as a d grade staff nurse, accruing yearly increments in line with her contract of employment.

you can also ask them to include a reference regarding your employment (ie, good nurse, adhered to policies and procedures etc ...) but you can just attach a ref from your old ward manager.

as margaret says, everything must be on headed paper, and make sure that HR put an individual contact name and number for if the anmc want to query anything ...

hope that helps
sue
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future

Dear Sue

thank you for the help, I have just received my statement from my old HR dept, but it is very brief so having to get it redone. I am also in contact with my old manager and getting a personal ref from her and from my current one.

got to get a move on as planning for Brisbane 08 and hopefully a midwifery job

cheers Jo
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

erika is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Sue

thank you for the help, I have just received my statement from my old HR dept, but it is very brief so having to get it redone. I am also in contact with my old manager and getting a personal ref from her and from my current one.

got to get a move on as planning for Brisbane 08 and hopefully a midwifery job

cheers Jo
Hi Jo,
Im a Midwife & in the process of getting positive skills assessment done.My understanding was that your Manager could obviously provide reference but also give a statement re:working hours,pay e.t.c.Thought this sounded easier than writing to HR as well.
Erika