Help with AHPRA please!

Old Oct 4th 2015, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

pixie3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with AHPRA please!

Hello, I am looking for a bit of advice. I am a midwife in UK and I thought it would be best to send off everything to AHPRA before applying for visa as I thought AHPRA would take the longest to sort out. However, I have just noticed that AHPRA ask for your international passport WITH australian visa as a proof of ID. So do I have to have a visa before I can apply to AHPRA? Thanks!
Old Oct 5th 2015, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with AHPRA please!

Originally Posted by pixie3
Hello, I am looking for a bit of advice. I am a midwife in UK and I thought it would be best to send off everything to AHPRA before applying for visa as I thought AHPRA would take the longest to sort out. However, I have just noticed that AHPRA ask for your international passport WITH australian visa as a proof of ID. So do I have to have a visa before I can apply to AHPRA? Thanks!
Hi, it depends how you want to do things, do you know what visa you would be doing?

My partner has just applied to AHPRA without ticking the section A evidence box (we just sent a certified copy of the UK passport with no visa), this was fine and she received registration in principal, my partner now needs to present herself at an AHPRA office in Australia to get put on to the nursering register. So all is fine, but it won't be finalised until we get to Australia, but all the long waiting etc. is over!

If you were wanting to do a modified ANMAC assessment for a 189 visa for example then you can not do this as you would not receive your nursing PIN until you present yourself with a valid visa/passport.

Therefore you will have to do an ANMAC full assessment regardless of what order you do things if you are after a skills assessment for a 189 or similar visa.
Old Oct 5th 2015, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply.

Do you mind me asking what your wife used for section A if she didn't use the passport with oz visa option?

I was planning to apply for the WHV as I am only planning to stay for a year but I need to look into this more.

Thanks.
Old Oct 5th 2015, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply.

Do you mind me asking what your wife used for section A if she didn't use the passport with oz visa option?

I was planning to apply for the WHV as I am only planning to stay for a year but I need to look into this more.

Thanks.
On the application form itself the evidence from Section A was simply not ticked (just B and C), however there was a certified copy of the UK passport (no visa) included with the application.

If you are doing a WHV then you do not need to worry about ANMAC.
Old Oct 5th 2015, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your help! Good luck to you and your wife in your new beginning
Old Oct 11th 2015, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Hello, is it possible to have a little for advice please?

When the university sent the curriculum to the uni, is there a reference number that you give them? Or how do AHPRA link it up to you?

Thanks!!
Old Oct 11th 2015, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hello, is it possible to have a little for advice please?

When the university sent the curriculum to the uni, is there a reference number that you give them? Or how do AHPRA link it up to you?

Thanks!!
Uni sent over the stuff a good 2 months before I actually sent the application, I didn't give them any form of reference though so I assume they just link your name.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Thank you!
Old Nov 20th 2015, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

wc112 is an unknown quantity at this point

When applying for the 189 visa... Must u have completed the academic IELTS exam, as I have completed the general exam having been told originally that this was acceptable.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wc112
When applying for the 189 visa... Must u have completed the academic IELTS exam, as I have completed the general exam having been told originally that this was acceptable.
For the visa you only need the general exam, for the ANMAC skills assessment you need th acedemic exam.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

wc112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great thanks