Wikiposts

hello

Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all
Default hello

Thought I'd start a new thread as I'm sat here very bored: it's pouring with rain here in Brisbane, and its only 14 degrees!!!!!
How is everyone?
Can we have an update on where everyone is at?
I've been here nearly 7 months now and starting to feel very settled.
Good luck to all who are in the throws of applications, registrations, planning the big move etc. Let me know how you're getting on.....
Claire. x
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:42 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Thought I'd start a new thread as I'm sat here very bored: it's pouring with rain here in Brisbane, and its only 14 degrees!!!!!
How is everyone?
Good luck to all who are in the throws of applications, registrations, planning the big move etc. Let me know how you're getting on.....
Claire. x
Hi Claire,
If it makes you feel any better, it's not that much better here in U.K. It's going to be 17 degrees and rainy today, and it's forcast for 13 degrees and thundery showers tomorrow. Looks like we are having very similar weather to you lately

We are, as you know, going through our house sale. Surveyor came today, and said everything should be OK.

Just trying to prepare for the move best we can, as we are not sure of timescales yet, and can't really go ahead with a lot of the things we need to do.

Hopefully will be in Perth before August or september (I can't be 100% certain) God this is so frustrating, but as you say, will all be worth it in the end

Glad you are settling in well
Old Jun 20th 2006, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo2
How is everyone?
Claire. x
I'm in mega frustration mode.
We've had the visas nealry one year now but still waiting to sell the house. Not a sniff of interest. Nothing around our area is selling, houses here seem to be on the market 2+ years before selling. We've just given our agent the boot as they have hardly advertised, got a new agent who advised taking it off the market for a couple of weeks or so, then putting it back on with them as a newly marketed property (with a 25k drop in price :scared: ). It's that or sit here indefinitley. We want to sell now as we have neighbours from hell who have gone away for 12 months plus and we would love not to be here when they get back.
Sorry about the whinge.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 9:05 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone!

I am still here muddling along. Still waiting for me visa to come. Applied 2 months ago now- police checks and medicals are all done and sent off. Fingers crossed for my reccie in November! Got interview for a new job next week, just to stop me from getting bored while I am waiting!

Jackie x
Old Jun 20th 2006, 10:57 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Hi Everyone!

I am still here muddling along. Still waiting for me visa to come. Applied 2 months ago now- police checks and medicals are all done and sent off. Fingers crossed for my reccie in November! Got interview for a new job next week, just to stop me from getting bored while I am waiting!

Jackie x
Only 2 months to go now then Jackie

Where was the job for? I'm trying to get my C.V sorted, to e-mail off to different places. How did you get your interview? Did you just send a cv?
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by kitty4
I'm in mega frustration mode.
We've had the visas nealry one year now but still waiting to sell the house. Not a sniff of interest. Nothing around our area is selling, houses here seem to be on the market 2+ years before selling. We've just given our agent the boot as they have hardly advertised, got a new agent who advised taking it off the market for a couple of weeks or so, then putting it back on with them as a newly marketed property (with a 25k drop in price :scared: ). It's that or sit here indefinitley. We want to sell now as we have neighbours from hell who have gone away for 12 months plus and we would love not to be here when they get back.
Sorry about the whinge.
That's crap. It must be so annoying. Do you really need to knock that much off the price?
For a while, we thought that we may need to drop the price, as there was not a jot of interest, but then one day, someone came to view the house, and that was it.

Keep your chin up, and it will happen.

Have you validated your visa yet? Where are you off to? We are off to Perth
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
That's crap. It must be so annoying. Do you really need to knock that much off the price?
For a while, we thought that we may need to drop the price, as there was not a jot of interest, but then one day, someone came to view the house, and that was it.

Keep your chin up, and it will happen.

Have you validated your visa yet? Where are you off to? We are off to Perth
Yes I think we do need drop the price realistically. We chose the upper end of the scale of quotes we were given to see what happened (nothing) and on looking at others nearby, all have had to drop price to sell eventually or wait approx 3 years until the market catches up with their price. We live in a so called desirable part of an overall poor city so people don't have the money. If we were further south, would be worth more than we were origninally asking. We decided we would be happier 'losing' 25k now and starting in Oz than spending another few years here where we would have spent over 25k in expenses of living/maintaining property/taxes etc and I think our neighbours from hell have got a surprise to pull out of their sleeve when they show up again, (as if they haven't given us a few already) which we think would make our place and others nearby unsellable.
We are off to the Sunshine Coast/Brisbane as that is where we lived before on a temp visa, although we \are willing to look further afield now to settle. However, already have quite a few friends on Sunshine Coast so that makes the permanent move easier/lots of support etc. I would initially get casual work at the private hospital I used to work at as I kept in touch with people there, although having been a practice nurse here the last few years the thought of going back to hosptials/shifts makes me shudder a bit. We validated last Sept but if we don't sell here by October, we will go on holiday there again for a few weeks. This limbo feeling of waiting for the visa now continues as we wait for the house sale.
End of waffle.
Thanks for listening.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Hello again,
Lovely to hear from some of you.
Kitty and Mrs JFW...have sent you both karma for your plans.
Tia...I tried again, but I need to go spreading!
Thinking of you all, in all those circumstances though.
Claire. x
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:57 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Only 2 months to go now then Jackie

Where was the job for? I'm trying to get my C.V sorted, to e-mail off to different places. How did you get your interview? Did you just send a cv?
Hi Angela,

I'm hoping that we hear in the next month...that would be great, but I won't started stressing until September! Time flies doesn't it....I remember you putting your application together...now look where you are at!

The job I have an interview for is still in the UK. I want to get some cardiac ITU experience...have heaps of cardiac HDU experience but want to widen my scope for when I get out there. The prince charles hospital in brissy is the main cardiothoracic hospital, so I have lined up a visit there in November, also the Princess Alexandra, and The Royal Brisbane. I just emailed them my CV. I don't think I'm brave enough to take a job without seeing where or who I'm working for, also it depends on where in Brissy we want to settle.

God I ramble on don't I?

Thanks for the K claire!

Jackie x
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:39 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold

Hi Claire, i'm still here lurking in the back ground, will be in Brissie in October for a reccie, with a week in Perth, can't wait to go. On the bad side had an interview at work today for F grade - went badly, so waiting to hear or not (horrible people don't phone if you arent successfull which I think is just nasty). Anyway, glad you've settled well, the weather will get better (better be good in October!)
Clairex
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:39 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

*deep sigh*

how long have you got?
im still here.......still havent got any further with mals tra........
my mum is out of hospital now though....but im her main carer it seems - i was round at 7am this morning cos she couldnt get the needle onto her innalet insulin thingy..... and have just spent most of the day so far round there.

its only been 3 years since we started researching the whole thing
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 5:09 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: hello

Hi, can you believe it? They gave me the job - must be desperate! Toot toot.
Clairex
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice

hi guys,

we got our visa 3 weeks ago. we got our passports back today with the stamp

we are leaving here on the 28th to go to bangkok for 3 nights, Phuket for 5 nights, back to bangkok for one night then on to Brisbane!!

so will us it is all systems go. getting really scared and nervous now. we are going to rent out our flat in London so we have to sort out that.

my last working day is the 8th of sept. told my consultant last week so they have plenty of notice.

well done Claire on the job, i would say a few tonight!

good luck everyone

Kate.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 5:35 am
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Hi, can you believe it? They gave me the job - must be desperate! Toot toot.
Clairex
Congratulations whoo hoo!

jackie x
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:14 am
In my own little world!

Smile Re: hello

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Congratulations whoo hoo!

jackie x
Ta very much Jackie, really I thought I'd blown it, at last I can have a I'm chuffed to bit's. Didnt tell them I'm planning to bugger off next year anyhoo!
Clairex

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.