Good remuneration repat expenses ..who gives it?

Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

theresew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good remuneration repat expenses ..who gives it?

For us nurses who is giving the best remuneration what are your experiences for hospitals in australia? Some say Queensland is great ?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice
Default Re: Good remuneration repat expenses ..who gives it?

Originally Posted by theresew
For us nurses who is giving the best remuneration what are your experiences for hospitals in australia? Some say Queensland is great ?
Hiya,
If you want to compare nurses pay throughout Australia you may find the following document of interest.:

http://www.anfvic.asn.au/campaigns/news/4000.html

The document is a year old now but gives you a rough guide to how the states compare.

If you look at Queensland you'll see that we're enjoying two pay rises this year. We had 4% in July and we get another 3.5% in December

Here is what resgistered nurses will be payed as their base pay in the Public sector of Queensland after the pay rise in Dec.

1 Year experience $50,190
2 Years experience $52,570
3 Years experience $54,950
4 Years experience $57,331
5 Years experience $59,720
6 Years experience $62,110
7 Years experience $64,496

Hope this helps. Perhaps other people can tell the updated pay scales for the opther states.

Mark
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:48 am
Just Joined

PERFECT THANK YOU VERY MUCH !
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I beleieve QLD health also reimburse up to $3000 for your relocation expenses too!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I beleieve QLD health also reimburse up to $3000 for your relocation expenses too!
Hi,
I had an interview with Queensland Health in Manchester about a year ago and, like you said, they told me that you get $3000 for relocation costs. Great I thought That is until I contacted Redcliffe Hospital (which is part of Queensland Health) only to be told that the hospital doesn't give any money for relocating . From this I assume that it is not an automatic payment you can get from QH but is something that is payed at the discretion of each of the QH hospitals.

It wasn't because of the lack of relocation costs but in the end I decided against Redcliffe and I'm now very happy working for the Mater.

Mark

Last edited by cheshiremark; Sep 9th 2008 at 11:14 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:14 am
Just Joined

Hi Mark,

Were you able to get any assistance from mater eventually ? I just dont know who will offer assistance. not that it really matters in the end I am happy to fund myself all the way

Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by theresew
Hi Mark,

Were you able to get any assistance from mater eventually ? I just dont know who will offer assistance. not that it really matters in the end I am happy to fund myself all the way

Hi,
At the time I had the interview nothing was mentioned about a relocation package so I didn't think there was one. I got offered the job and I accepted it not thinking that there was any money available but when I got the paperwork through the post there was a form in it that I had to sign which basically was an agreement that if I left the job before 2 years I would pay back any money they give me. At about the same time there was a thread on BE in which the relocation package at the Mater was mentioned. When I emailed HR they confirmed there was a relocation package available. This relocation package is a lot more than $3000 that QH mentioned. Its actually about $10,000 but you have to supply receipts for everything. It covers flights, visa costs, temporary accomodation, nursing skills assessment costs and even shipping.

But as you say really it depends on where you want to work - the money helps but is no substitute for finding a hospital you enjoy working for.

Mark
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks Mark glad your are enjoying Brisbane
Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

brucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nice

Originally Posted by cheshiremark
Hi,
At the time I had the interview nothing was mentioned about a relocation package so I didn't think there was one. I got offered the job and I accepted it not thinking that there was any money available but when I got the paperwork through the post there was a form in it that I had to sign which basically was an agreement that if I left the job before 2 years I would pay back any money they give me. At about the same time there was a thread on BE in which the relocation package at the Mater was mentioned. When I emailed HR they confirmed there was a relocation package available. This relocation package is a lot more than $3000 that QH mentioned. Its actually about $10,000 but you have to supply receipts for everything. It covers flights, visa costs, temporary accomodation, nursing skills assessment costs and even shipping.

But as you say really it depends on where you want to work - the money helps but is no substitute for finding a hospital you enjoy working for.

Mark
Which hospital is that Mark?

My wife is due to start at the Royal Brisbane Womens Hospital in DEC/JAN. Would be really handy if we can claim back a chunk of our relocation costs.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brucekaren
Which hospital is that Mark?

My wife is due to start at the Royal Brisbane Womens Hospital in DEC/JAN. Would be really handy if we can claim back a chunk of our relocation costs.
Hi I've sent you a PM
Old Sep 13th 2008, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

KarenandPaul is on a distinguished road

Hi Mark

I arrive in brisbane end of Nov & start work at the mater at the beginning of Jan. Do you mind me asking was Redcliffe too far away to commute to the Mater only it's one of the areas I quite fancy. Is it easy to park & also is nursing much different at Mater than the uk. Starting to get really nervous now its getting nearer but so far they seem quite friendly!

Karen
Originally Posted by cheshiremark
Hi,
I had an interview with Queensland Health in Manchester about a year ago and, like you said, they told me that you get $3000 for relocation costs. Great I thought That is until I contacted Redcliffe Hospital (which is part of Queensland Health) only to be told that the hospital doesn't give any money for relocating . From this I assume that it is not an automatic payment you can get from QH but is something that is payed at the discretion of each of the QH hospitals.

It wasn't because of the lack of relocation costs but in the end I decided against Redcliffe and I'm now very happy working for the Mater.

Mark
Old Sep 14th 2008, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KarenandPaul
Hi Mark

I arrive in brisbane end of Nov & start work at the mater at the beginning of Jan. Do you mind me asking was Redcliffe too far away to commute to the Mater only it's one of the areas I quite fancy. Is it easy to park & also is nursing much different at Mater than the uk. Starting to get really nervous now its getting nearer but so far they seem quite friendly!

Karen
Hiya Karen,

I've sent you a PM.

Mark