free help kit for anc application etc.

Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:42 pm
ad4ozz

Talking free help kit for anc application etc.

This can be obtained from for free
http://www.ausivisa.com/ausiv/downloads/nursesekit.pdf
any help is better than no help...

Old Nov 11th 2004, 10:17 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: free help kit for anc application etc.

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
I really see no point in applying to the ANC for initial assessment.

It is just as easy to register in a state first and then apply for the far cheaper modified ANC assessment. You have to register in a state anyway.

Unless you are needing points for your migration application you do not need to apply to the ANC at all.

G
Old Nov 11th 2004, 10:34 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just ask, I know many have said that it works out cheaper to register with the state board first, but I must be really thick cos when I have looked at the WA board it has a form to print out and then says you have to supply documents, but it doesn't state which. I know I'll need transcripts, registration and verification etc but it doesn't say. I looked at the board of SA and it stated exactly what you had to send etc. Can someone help please who has applied to the WA board?

Many thanks Tracey
Old Nov 12th 2004, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: free help kit for anc application etc.

Originally Posted by tracey brien
Can I just ask, I know many have said that it works out cheaper to register with the state board first, but I must be really thick cos when I have looked at the WA board it has a form to print out and then says you have to supply documents, but it doesn't state which. I know I'll need transcripts, registration and verification etc but it doesn't say. I looked at the board of SA and it stated exactly what you had to send etc. Can someone help please who has applied to the WA board?

Many thanks Tracey

Hi Tracey ! We did the exact opposite from everyone else. We applied to ANC first and then NSW . It all depends on how much time you have and how much of a hurry your in. Intial ANC assessment took 3 months , but it meant we could apply for visa as soon as we recieved the "suitable for migration " letter and also all we did was then send an e-mail to the ANC and request that they forward our file to the state board we wanted to register with. I know it propably costs more but if you are applying as primary applicant or even really need the points it was no bother.The ANC are very clear on what documents are required and really registering with the board you want is only a formality after that !
All the best whatever you decide , Tass.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

africand is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tracey brien

Many thanks Tracey

As you have been advised a couple of times, there is a free book on the web to answer these questions the book is about 130 pages so not light reading but well prepared. I posted the original because the book is unbelievably comprehensive and gives you directions to everything so no need to stress, just download it and read. happy reading 9& yes each state has a different rule.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 6:13 pm
ad4ozz

Must admit I've done the ANC bit first as seemed quickest root to get the skilled independant points ... although you are all correct it is a hit in the old cash reserve.

Old Nov 12th 2004, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
I really see no point in applying to the ANC for initial assessment.

It is just as easy to register in a state first and then apply for the far cheaper modified ANC assessment. You have to register in a state anyway.

Unless you are needing points for your migration application you do not need to apply to the ANC at all.

G
so am i right in thinking that for RSMS i wont need to apply for ANC assessment?

cheers

Trish
Old Nov 12th 2004, 7:24 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimtrish
so am i right in thinking that for RSMS i wont need to apply for ANC assessment?

cheers

Trish
Trish

I think that cropped up recently and you may well be right. JAJ commented on it not long ago.

I think you are right. Best check though

G
Old Nov 12th 2004, 7:29 pm
Bitter and twisted

Trish

I think that cropped up recently and you may well be right. JAJ commented on it not long ago.

I think you are right. Best check though

G
Here it is:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...C+registration

G
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

thanks honey, that cleared that one up for me
Trish
Old Nov 13th 2004, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

africand is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
New Sydney Morning Herald Article

We'll search world to recruit nurses
By Miranda Wood
November 14, 2004
The Sun-Herald

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
The NSW Government will increase nurse numbers - and the number of hospital beds - next year in an attempt to boost the ailing public health system.

Health Minister Morris Iemma wants to double the quantity of TAFE places for enrolled nurses next year to 1400 and hire 500 nurses from overseas.

"We're looking at ramping up the numbers substantially," Mr Iemma said.

Three recruitment agencies next month will start interviewing nurses from the US, Canada, Britain, Ireland, the Philippines, Singapore, Hong Kong, Scandinavia and India.

The State Government is also negotiating with the Howard Government to receive nursing graduates from a federally funded training program.

"They are receptive," Mr Iemma said. "We won't get a decision until the end of the year."

A new report, commissioned by the Health Minister, has also identified which hospitals need extra beds while of the 963 beds opened during winter this year, 863 have remained available.

Advertisement
AdvertisementThe Government's plan comes as the public health system is under fire again.

On Thursday, a 75-year-old man died soon after his life-support machine was switched off at St George Hospital. His family claimed doctors turned off his machine to free up a bed, a claim the Government denies.

The incident further highlighted the desperate need for beds and nursing staff.

NSW Nurses Association general secretary Brett Holmes said hospitals were stretched. "There is always somebody waiting to get into a bed before the [current occupant can] even get out," he said.

"We are running our health system at 100 per cent occupancy."

Mr Holmes said the Government's nursing initiatives were a step in the right direction but that "the recruitment of overseas nurses is a short-term fix . . . only a small percentage from overseas stay long term".

Mr Holmes commended the Government's plans to double enrolled nursing places, but he said the health system desperately needed registered nurses.

"The registered nurse workforce is the workforce with the range of skills and resources that is necessary," he said.

Enrolled nurses had limited experience and must work under the supervision of registered nurses, Mr Holmes said. The number of enrolled nurses in training in NSW has risen since 2002.

Mr Iemma said the increases in these positions would be met by a corresponding increase in senior nursing clinical supervisors.

The Government would also continue to retrain former nurses through a program called Reconnect, he said.

About 1140 nurses have been re-employed since 2002 with the program achieving a retention rate of 75 per cent.

Mr Holmes said he supported bringing former nurses back into the profession, but he said demanding workloads meant many were working only part-time or casual.

Area health services in NSW have been instructed by the Government to submit plans for 2005 by next month to determine the number and type of extra nurses needed.

Mr Iemma said improvements from these initiatives would be seen in about two to three years.

Anyone misguided enough to think that applying to the ANC is just for points needs to check their facts before participating in this or any other forum.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 8:30 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by africand

Anyone misguided enough to think that applying to the ANC is just for points needs to check their facts before participating in this or any other forum.
If you do not need the points for a visa application you do not need to apply to the ANC. You register with the individual state.

I have registered with NSW and never applied to the ANC.

Please explain what you are on about.

G
Old Nov 13th 2004, 9:34 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by africand

Here is an Extract from the ANMC advice on skills assessment:

"You should not apply for an assessment with the ANMC if you are:

• Enrolled Nurse/Registered Nurse Division 2

• An overseas nurse or midwife who holds a permanent resident visa

• Nurses and midwives applying for Working Holiday Visas/Temporary Visas

These nurses should apply directly to the relevant state or territory nurse regulatory authority."
www.anmc.org.au

Here is a little bit more:

"The International Section of the Australian Nursing & Midwifery Council (ANMC) is an assessing authority for the Department of Immigration, Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA). The ANMC assesses Registered Nurses and Midwives who are migrating to Australia under the General Skilled Migration category. The ANMC has been authorised by DIMIA to undertake these assessments. Through this process the ANMC determines whether nurses and midwives are suitable for migration or whether they may need to undertake further education in order to be eligible for migration.

The ANMC itself has no legal authority to:

register nurses and midwives. This is a function of the state and territory nurse regulatory authorities. To find out about registration in Australia, click here.

employ nurses and midwives in Australia

deal with immigration requirements other than a skills assessment

advise on visa matters "

Now please explain how any of the information given on this forum contradicts this.

I would be very interested to know.

Perhaps you would also like to clarify your relationship with 'Ausivisa' which has provide the free Anc application kit.

You have made a statement which I do not understand and which may worry some people.

G

Last edited by Grayling; Nov 13th 2004 at 9:48 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

If I may be so rude to butt in I sent my skills assessment to the NSW nursing board and they accepted me on to the roll there, in this country U.K. I am classed as a registered nurse I do the SAME job if not more than some of the level 1s in my hospital including cannulation IVIs bloods etc have a teaching qualification but when I read the ANC website it does clearly state that level 2 nurses must apply to the state boards but what I missed out was level 2 nurses from the U.K. who train longer and more indepth than the Australian level 2 are not classed as skilled maybe the ANC should find out exactly a level 2 from the U.K. actually does everyday on busy acute wards up and down the U.K.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

If you do not need the points for a visa application you do not need to apply to the ANC. You register with the individual state.

I have registered with NSW and never applied to the ANC.

Please explain what you are on about.

G

I totally agree Grayling,

I thought you only had skills assessment for the points towards skilled independent.
Hope this does not frighten some into wasting money when they don't need to go down that route.

Di

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.