Fastest way to work in Australia as a RN?

Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

zakuro has a brilliant futurezakuro has a brilliant futurezakuro has a brilliant futurezakuro has a brilliant futurezakuro has a brilliant futurezakuro has a brilliant future
Default Fastest way to work in Australia as a RN?

After days of research abt work options in oz for RNs i got the idea i should first register in the board of nursing of the area i'd like to live and work. How long does this process usually take if not including the time i prepare for the docs? And after that, i need to apply for a working visa right? The problem is that multiple options are out there and i'm not sure which subclass of working visa should i apply for. If i can put aside the permanent immigration purpose for later and just focus on moving to oz and working there legally, which visa should i apply for? I suppose this should be the fastest way i can get there and start making my own living? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice
Default Re: Fastest way to work in Australia as a RN?

Others might know better, but i'd say the fastest way is to go for state sponsership, it takes 4-6 months i beleive. As i said please dont take this as gosple I'm sure others will know better
Good Luck Maria
Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

zakuro has a brilliant futurezakuro has a brilliant futurezakuro has a brilliant futurezakuro has a brilliant futurezakuro has a brilliant futurezakuro has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by seanandmaria
Others might know better, but i'd say the fastest way is to go for state sponsership, it takes 4-6 months i beleive. As i said please dont take this as gosple I'm sure others will know better
Good Luck Maria
Thanks for the info Maria. Is it the subclass 176 visa you're talking abt? Do you have any idea how do i get the state government nomination in the first place? Thanks!!!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:27 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

You could also try the employer sponsorship route (457/119/121) - most health employers are willing to sponsor and if you are prepared to live in a rural area you shouldn't have much trouble findng a job if you have experience and good references.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ponyrama
You could also try the employer sponsorship route (457/119/121) - most health employers are willing to sponsor and if you are prepared to live in a rural area you shouldn't have much trouble findng a job if you have experience and good references.
Thanks Ponyrama for the reply. How long does it usually take for them to process the application if not including the time i spend finding an employer?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:29 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zakuro
Thanks Ponyrama for the reply. How long does it usually take for them to process the application if not including the time i spend finding an employer?

Well once you have a job - the post has to be nominated and accepted - DIAC usually process these in about a week. Then you put your visa app in - I frontloaded everything with mine (meds, police check etc) and they processed it in 11 days. However it depends which office you lodge at (state dependent) and also how quick your employer is at sorting paperwork out.

Regional posts (i.e. RSMS 119 apps) have to also be approved by regional certification board before nomination to DIAC. Loads of info on immi website.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Well once you have a job - the post has to be nominated and accepted - DIAC usually process these in about a week. Then you put your visa app in - I frontloaded everything with mine (meds, police check etc) and they processed it in 11 days. However it depends which office you lodge at (state dependent) and also how quick your employer is at sorting paperwork out.

Regional posts (i.e. RSMS 119 apps) have to also be approved by regional certification board before nomination to DIAC. Loads of info on immi website.
Omg, that's quick! I thought it would take months at least! If i prefer not to live in the rural areas, which one of the 3 subclasses you mentioned should i choose? Do you get the PR or just a temporary working visa afterwards? I'm sorry about the loads of questions :P
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:26 am
beach bum

Originally Posted by zakuro
Omg, that's quick! I thought it would take months at least! If i prefer not to live in the rural areas, which one of the 3 subclasses you mentioned should i choose? Do you get the PR or just a temporary working visa afterwards? I'm sorry about the loads of questions :P
The 457 or 121 ENS cover areas that dont qualify for RSMS. ENS harder to get and probably takes longer as skills assessment required and you need 3 years experience.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

The 457 or 121 ENS cover areas that dont qualify for RSMS. ENS harder to get and probably takes longer as skills assessment required and you need 3 years experience.
Thanks for the explanation!!! May i ask which subclass you applied for? And you mentioned that you turned in your application including your meds and police clearance right? I found in their website ambiguous requirement abt those. They said that for 457 specifically, you dont have to arrange a physical unless they inform you to do so, and that the police clearance is not required if you placed your application out of australia. I'm not sure if it's ok to turn in the application without these documents and provide them when required later...

And btw, is this 457 visa allow you to apply for PR later on? Is there any restrictions or time limits?

Thanks again for your help as always~
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:13 am
beach bum

i came on a 119 rsms - and yes sent my police check and medical up front. i'm not sure about 457 - i think they can ask for both medical and police check but i guess it depends what you put on your form as to whether they thinks its necessary or not (cos they can always cancel your visa if they find out you told porkies)

you can apply for pr from 457 but not sure how it works or time limits search old threads on here - you will find loads of info on 457's.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Kursha is an unknown quantity at this point

I am wanting to frontload my medicals and PCC's for my e457 but am unsure of how to do it. How did you manage it? and how did you know what you needed for your medical? I am guessing I will need everything as I am a nurse but what will my partner and kids (2 and 5) need?

Thanks.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:28 am
beach bum

Not sure what the med requirements are for a 457 - again look at the 457 threads - i think you only need full meds when applying for PR but i might be wrong.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Kursha is an unknown quantity at this point

Once I have done the meds and police checks, how do i frontload them?
Old Mar 29th 2009, 9:12 pm
beach bum

Not sure what the med requirements are for a 457 - again look at the 457 threads - i think you only need full meds when applying for PR but i might be wrong.
Your meds are sent by your doctor - if you have not yet applied then they just sit waiting to be linked up with your app when it arrives. When you have your police check - you just scan and upload it to your application when you apply - front loading - rather than waiting to be asked for it.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:32 am
Just Joined

mahe is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there if you are planning to work in Australia as a nurse you need to take the exam English exam IELTS academic version and get an overall 7.all the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.