Expo Hammersmith London this weekend

Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Nurse Vicky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expo Hammersmith London this weekend

With our dream to still get out to Oz I am going to attend the expo in London this weekend, armed with a ton of CV's.

For those that have been to these things before can you give me any advise about what I should do, like do i just pin them down there and then and dont let go until they give me a job? What can I expect? How can I make myself stand out from the other millions of nurses as desperate as me to escape???

All comments and suggestions really appreciated - thank you Vicky
Old Oct 16th 2009, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Expo Hammersmith London this weekend

Is it the Health Jobs around the world expo? I went to the one in Dublin last week and the people on the stands were practically all over us. I took my CV with me but no one was interested in it, they simply took my email address and got me to fill out some forms to say I was interested in working for them. Many of them were talking about the 457 visa and as I said I was wanting to go on the 175 and was firm about my reasons for chosing the 175 over 457, they were quite receptive to me. I had an interview with the Mater Hospital in Brisbane the next day lined up, so I just spoke to them briefly at the expo, and also spoke with Queensland Health who said that they would prefer me to be a bit further down the line with my visa application, but when I was to contact them again and they would be very interested in interviewing me.
I would say take your CV with you, be yourself as you would be in work, chatty, good communication etc, and remember that they want nurses and that is why they are attending these events, so they will want to sell their hospital to you as well! (oh and pinch as many freebies as possible I've got enough good black ink pens to last me for the next year )

Angela
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

BrendonE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Expo Hammersmith London this weekend

Originally Posted by Nurse Vicky
With our dream to still get out to Oz I am going to attend the expo in London this weekend, armed with a ton of CV's.

For those that have been to these things before can you give me any advise about what I should do, like do i just pin them down there and then and dont let go until they give me a job? What can I expect? How can I make myself stand out from the other millions of nurses as desperate as me to escape???

All comments and suggestions really appreciated - thank you Vicky
Have you registered with an Australian Nurses Board yet? I work for a recruitment agency and the hospital and privates aren't interested unless you are registered. Do you have a visa application in yet? You are welcome to send me your cv to [email protected].