diploma or degree for OZ nurses

Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default diploma or degree for OZ nurses

I think i already know the answer but need someone to help me with my paranoia

Do you need to be a degree nurse for Oz or will they accept UK trained Diploma nurses?
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:49 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: diploma or degree for OZ nurses

Originally Posted by Sugo

Do you need to be a degree nurse for Oz or will they accept UK trained Diploma nurses?
As you are already registered in NZ you can automatically register in any Australian state under the mutual recognition agreement anyway. They recognise each other's registration.

You can register in Australia with a diploma anyway.

If you are applying for an Australian visa then you should register with a state first (as above) and the do the 'modified' ANMC assessment for DIMA purposes.

If you are going on a NZ visa then you simply need to register in the state you wish to work.

G
Old Jan 10th 2007, 8:26 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Diploma OK but degree would be beneficial depending on how high you want to go and with a Masters they will eat out your hand or tell you it's in wrong subject and doesn't count.... .
Old Jan 10th 2007, 5:34 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by annqldau
Diploma OK but degree would be beneficial depending on how high you want to go and with a Masters they will eat out your hand or tell you it's in wrong subject and doesn't count.... .
If I go with a Diploma is it possible to top-up to a degree once there?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
If I go with a Diploma is it possible to top-up to a degree once there?
good question

ive heard that you can do a few papers to top it up through the OU in the UK while your in Oz, would it be cheaper to do it through an Oz Uni and would they accept your diploma?

its crap how things have gone, you need a masters to become a charge nurse, how about paying us more to make it work it. Or at least pay for our education, was worried in NZ if i stayed, each paper cost 1200nzd and you need 3 to top up i think
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:48 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

good question

ive heard that you can do a few papers to top it up through the OU in the UK while your in Oz, would it be cheaper to do it through an Oz Uni and would they accept your diploma?

its crap how things have gone, you need a masters to become a charge nurse, how about paying us more to make it work it. Or at least pay for our education, was worried in NZ if i stayed, each paper cost 1200nzd and you need 3 to top up i think

In QLD Masters gets you nurse practitioner but all a con if I'd realised I'd have to do as much in the first place could have been a Doctor etc... not a nurse... . Then at least get lots of $$$ for the stress... .