DipHE RGN:Adult working in NZ

Old Sep 16th 2018, 11:51 am
Just Joined

DManNZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DipHE RGN:Adult working in NZ

Hi,
Apologies if this has already been asked before, i have had a browse through previous thread with no luck.

My partner has been offered a job in New Zealand and we plan to move out there early 2019. I am a registered adult nurse with a DipHE (level 5) and 40 credits at level 6. I qualified in 2012 and I am a sister (band 6).
From all I can find online, it appears that I do not qualify to work as a nurse over in NZ as i do not have a degree.

Can anyone shed any light onto this please. Is there a chance that I will be able to continue practicing as a nurse without topping up?
Also, while topping up is an option I have looked into, unfortunately the next course intake is 2019.

TIA
Old Sep 16th 2018, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DipHE RGN:Adult working in NZ

Have you checked with the Council of nursing for New Zealand? Would have thought they would be the best to ask
Old Sep 16th 2018, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

DManNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Have you checked with the Council of nursing for New Zealand? Would have thought they would be the best to ask
Yes, I have sent an e-mail enquiry but I thought someone might have first hand experience who could help.
Old Oct 16th 2018, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

NCNZ look at far more than just the qualification, so your years of work experience and anything that you have done since may help.
You qualification has to be equivalent to the NZ bachelor degree, so they may want to review your transcript before they say no.

Post a comment in the NZ section as I know there were a few Diploma Nurses registered a couple of years ago.

Cheers and good luck

Gill
Old Oct 16th 2018, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Hows it

Dip He nurse here got through with no probs (4 years experience at the time) they are very exacting with the evidence they want so follow the checklist...also they want your transcript and individual module marks but they want them coming straight from wherever you did your training and FYI post grad And visa wise we are considered to have a level 7 qualification

Last edited by inkedneonurse; Oct 16th 2018 at 7:15 am.