Confused

Old Feb 26th 2005, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Davidjames1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Confused

:scared:

Hello All

Firdtly what a top site

Well i am a Charge nurse RGN in primary care in the UK as well as being a State registered Podiatrist (BSc) I sholud on skills assessment have both quals accepted in australia. Firstlly is my application looked up favourably if you are dual qaulified? Secondly i am reluctant to nurse i now work in primary care and it's a less hassle free lifestyle as to on the wards, i am sure you konw what i mean. Is it better to got for a skilled sponsor and visa andapply for an independant visa when accutually establised? My girl friend is coming with me shes 34 an Irish citizen and a hairdresser (keratin technichan!!).
Neither have dependants. Sorry this is vauge but i feel the heat is on to apply soon but am not too sure where to start as it is costly.

Cheers

Dave
Old Feb 26th 2005, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Davidjames1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Confused

Sorry about the spelling!!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Stef :) is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confused

Go for PR (permanent residency) you can work in any profession then.... push trolley's if you like.
I think your nursing would be the better profession to choose to get you in though.
Good Luck
Old Feb 26th 2005, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

lesley street is on a distinguished road

Hi

would def go for a skilled ind. This gives you the choice to work anywhere in Aus and for any employer.

Good luck

Lesley
Old Feb 26th 2005, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Stef :) is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lesley street
Hi

would def go for a skilled ind. This gives you the choice to work anywhere in Aus and for any employer.

Good luck

Lesley
Sorry
that's what I meant
Old Feb 26th 2005, 4:16 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davidjames1234

Hello All

Firdtly what a top site

Well i am a Charge nurse RGN in primary care in the UK as well as being a State registered Podiatrist (BSc) I sholud on skills assessment have both quals accepted in australia. Firstlly is my application looked up favourably if you are dual qaulified? Secondly i am reluctant to nurse i now work in primary care and it's a less hassle free lifestyle as to on the wards, i am sure you konw what i mean. Is it better to got for a skilled sponsor and visa andapply for an independant visa when accutually establised? My girl friend is coming with me shes 34 an Irish citizen and a hairdresser (keratin technichan!!).
Neither have dependants. Sorry this is vauge but i feel the heat is on to apply soon but am not too sure where to start as it is costly.

Cheers

Dave
To gain additional points you need to have worked recently in the field that you apply for your visa -I think is 12 out of the last 18 months or 3 out of the last 4 years. One gives u more points . Def. go skilled independent so that u can do as much or as little in terms of work , in whatever chosen field
Good luck
Gillian
Old Feb 27th 2005, 10:44 pm
ad4ozz

Would go for permenant skilled I did and am nurse in primary care and agree with what you say about trying to avoid the wards if I get to oz...i'm awaiting medicals then the crunch have a visa or not.

Hairdressers have been put on the list of demand so you may have double edged sword.

Old Feb 27th 2005, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

kelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Confused

Originally Posted by Davidjames1234

Hello All

Firdtly what a top site

Cheers

Dave
I would definitely agree with everyone, go for PR you are not restricted to any one place and if you get your PR you can work anywhere in nursing or not. It will also save a lot of hassale trying to get it once you are in oz. Goodluck with hat ever you decide.
Dawn and Mark