Community Nursing

Old Feb 25th 2007, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ronnie and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Community Nursing

Hi We are hoping to emigrate in June 2008 to possibly south east queensland. I am a community staff nurse at present no desire to climb the ladder quite happy in what i am doing, just wondering do they have community nursing in oz and what is it like. Do you get a lease car like we do in the Uk. If not it will be back to casualty for me and the dreaded shifts: Debs
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:00 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default Re: Community Nursing

Hi, I think Blue Care do community nursing, but think you have to have your own car etc. Think they may give fuel allowance though. How about practice nursing? Big call for it here, have been told hard to get nurse! Good luck anyway, hopefully someone in Comm Nursing might reply!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of

Hi

I am a community Staff nurse Band 5 working in London. We are migrating to Australia in August. They do have community nurse positions in Queensland. Blue Care is one of the big operators and they provide you with a car and pay for petrol. There are other operators out there. the pay is like the Uk but I think the work is better. i am hoping to get a casual community job when i arrive as i do not want to work full time.For casual you get paid more per hour and you choose when you want to work.

Good luck with your application.

Hope this helps

Janet x
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ronnie and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Janet i may see you there one day
Old Mar 20th 2007, 2:31 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janet Rutledge
For casual you get paid more per hour and you choose when you want to work.
Check this out before you take on a job.

Many casual positions are used to cover for holidays, sick leave etc. so you have to work when the employer needs you....it often means working full time for a few weeks and then not at all for a while.

Also most community services use 'pool cars' so you can not take them home but only use them from your base.

Things vary but it is as well to check these things out before you start.

Casual can be very different to part time or agency.

G
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Check this out before you take on a job.

Many casual positions are used to cover for holidays, sick leave etc. so you have to work when the employer needs you....it often means working full time for a few weeks and then not at all for a while.

Also most community services use 'pool cars' so you can not take them home but only use them from your base.

Things vary but it is as well to check these things out before you start.

Casual can be very different to part time or agency.

G
I work on a casual basis at the moment and it fits in very well with having small children. I ring up every couple of weeks and let them know which days I'm available to work. I then get booked in for some if not all of those days. There's only been a few days where I've been available but not got work. I quite often work on a weekend when hubby is home to look after the kids - get paid more on a weekend aswell. It's working well for me and I'm very happy to stay casual for the next couple of years at least.