CN telephone interview - can anyone offer any advice?

Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:53 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Default CN telephone interview - can anyone offer any advice?

Hi there I have a CN interview next Thursday night (telephone) and was wondering if anyone could offer any advice on the questions they might ask. Ann I know you've been there and many others so your advice would be invaluable. I really am starting to get nervous, I know I shouldnt as I have already done 2 F grade interviews here (successfull on the second try-seems to be common practice at my work to make people do it twice )

We are nearly ready to get the house on the market, will go on the Monday after my interview if I am successfull, but if I am not successful do you think they would employ me as an RN as I am a neonatal nurse with not many other options. For me this would be the ideal start to our life in OZ and also the pay is fab!

I need to be prepared as much as possible for this interview, I really dont want to screw this up, so all you nurses out there - please help!!!
Thanks in advance.
Clairex
Old Jan 13th 2007, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Hibshart is a jewel in the roughHibshart is a jewel in the roughHibshart is a jewel in the roughHibshart is a jewel in the roughHibshart is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: CN telephone interview - can anyone offer any advice?

Hi Hun,

I had a telephone interview for CM in Jan last year and was here by end of May, it was no problem whatsoever. They are looking for you be a confident, competent practitioner, who will stand up for yourself and know where to go if you don't like the practise of those around you. They give you case senarios and want you to tell them how you would deal with certain situations and a few practical questions, you know if this happens what would you do etc. As far as I was concerned it was nothing like my interview for G grade all those years ago and really it is commonsense questions with commonsense answers. They should fax/email you copies of the questions they will be asking 24 hours (your time) before they call you! If the questions throw you, say 'time delay here could you repeat the question?' it'll give you a coupla minutes to get your head together and get your answer! They love British nurses and midwives here cos we don't just roll over, we challenge inappropriate actions and demand evidence based practise!!

hope this is of some help, where are you coming to when you get here?
Good luck - not that you will need it!!
Old Jan 13th 2007, 4:38 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: CN telephone interview - can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks for the advice. I have already spoken to them over the phone and it is very strange, so I am quite nervous about this interview. We are going to Brisbane and the interview is for the Mater mothers hospital in the neonatal unit. I really need this job.
Thanks again. How are you finding working in Perth?
Clairex
Old Jan 13th 2007, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice
Default Re: CN telephone interview - can anyone offer any advice?

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Thanks for the advice. I have already spoken to them over the phone and it is very strange, so I am quite nervous about this interview. We are going to Brisbane and the interview is for the Mater mothers hospital in the neonatal unit. I really need this job.
Thanks again. How are you finding working in Perth?
Clairex
Claire, good luck with the interview. Will be interested to see how you get on. Sure you will be fine. I am going to visit neonatal units when I get there, ( mind you may change my mind before we fly in June!!!) All the best Jackie
Old Jan 13th 2007, 6:37 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I find the best way is to do the thing naked

I had a telephone interview a few years ago. It was first thing in the morning so I did it just as I got out of bed.

I got offered the job so it must have worked

G
Old Jan 13th 2007, 8:26 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Grayling
I find the best way is to do the thing naked

I had a telephone interview a few years ago. It was first thing in the morning so I did it just as I got out of bed.

I got offered the job so it must have worked

G
Thank goodness video phones were not invented thenn!!!!!:scared:
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Originally Posted by vivi
That was exactly my thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:41 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vivi

Maybe they were
Old Jan 14th 2007, 5:01 pm
In my own little world!

Thanks for the well wishes, but think I will remain fully clothed, it's a bit chilly up here!
Clairex
Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:50 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for Thursday Claire! Hope it goes well for you. I'm working Thursday night so will be thinking of you!

I'm sure you will be just fine!

Jackie x
Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:56 pm
In my own little world!

Smile Re: CN telephone interview - can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks Jackie, can't wait till it's over, only hope I get a job whether CN or RN. House is taking shape if all goes well it will be on the market next week and hopefully it will sell sooner rather than later, can tell you I will not miss this weather!
clairex
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:00 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jackie, can't wait till it's over, only hope I get a job whether CN or RN. House is taking shape if all goes well it will be on the market next week and hopefully it will sell sooner rather than later, can tell you I will not miss this weather!
clairex

lol know what you mean Claire....our house is turning a lovely shade of magnolia now. infact its everywhere including all over the clothes...gawd knows how hubby managed that!

I'm just warming up now after our heating broke last night, the man came out this afternoon to fix it. I think he thought I was bonkers sitting in my house with my scarf and hat on!

Roll on our house sales eh?

jackie x
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:52 pm
In my own little world!

ha, that's definately a man thing, I let Barry paint the hall - once:scared: , never again, there is a dado rail but he didnt seem to notice this!

So sorry about the heating, glad it's fixed now, can just picture you sitting in your hat and scarf!

And hey Magnolia is the new black!!!
Clairex
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:02 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

ha, that's definately a man thing, I let Barry paint the hall - once:scared: , never again, there is a dado rail but he didnt seem to notice this!
So sorry about the heating, glad it's fixed now, can just picture you sitting in your hat and scarf!
And hey Magnolia is the new black!!!
Clairex
Sorry just got here... .

Sound confident...

they should stick to questions based on your selection criteria so know those areas...

Take a crib sheet in as they don't mind that here, (bugger you are on phone you can have what you want)...

Answer any scenario questions as... when I have dealt with that in the past this is what I did, so that answers are showing your experience...

Ramble on too much better than too little...

Agree to everything and then whinge once you have the job...

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:51 am
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by annqldau
Sorry just got here... .

Sound confident...

they should stick to questions based on your selection criteria so know those areas...

Take a crib sheet in as they don't mind that here, (bugger you are on phone you can have what you want)...

Answer any scenario questions as... when I have dealt with that in the past this is what I did, so that answers are showing your experience...

Ramble on too much better than too little...

Agree to everything and then whinge once you have the job...

Hope that helps.

Bloody hell Ann, I always have to do a double take when I see your avatar! Good though innit?

jackie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.