clinical vs registered

Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all
Default clinical vs registered

Could someone please explain the difference between clinical and registered nurse positions? Is it a time served thing or a level of qualification thing?
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:36 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: clinical vs registered

Hi Mooncat, I will be having my interview for clinical nurse tomorrow night, I was originally being interviewed for RN but they said I had the relevant experience for the CN role. The CN is equivalent to F grade/Junior sister here from what I can gather, being in charge of ward etc, normally they are looking for an extra qualification in the relevant area and at least 3 years experience. Hope this helps. I'm sure someone else will be on soon who will explain it better.
Clairex
Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:37 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: clinical vs registered

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Hi Mooncat, I will be having my interview for clinical nurse tomorrow night, I was originally being interviewed for RN but they said I had the relevant experience for the CN role. The CN is equivalent to F grade/Junior sister here from what I can gather, being in charge of ward etc, normally they are looking for an extra qualification in the relevant area and at least 3 years experience. Hope this helps. I'm sure someone else will be on soon who will explain it better.
Clairex
Think that about explains it...

Clinical Nurse Consultant is equivilant to G Grade or higher UK but they have just took the level 3 structure out and cocked the whole system up now as you have to jump from 2 to 4 and level 4 is more pure nurse management.