certifying documents

Old Jun 1st 2005, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold
Default certifying documents

i already have certified copies of birth certificates from the registers office so do they still need to be certified by my solicitor? also do i need to have the statement of service from my empolyer cerified or just my nurse registraion paperwork? i am sitting here with a pile of paperwork tearing my hair out already!! help please!!
Old Jun 1st 2005, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all
Default Re: certifying documents

Originally Posted by selina
i already have certified copies of birth certificates from the registers office so do they still need to be certified by my solicitor? also do i need to have the statement of service from my empolyer cerified or just my nurse registraion paperwork? i am sitting here with a pile of paperwork tearing my hair out already!! help please!!

Is your certified copy of your birth certificate an original though? Or is it a photocopy? If it's a photocopy that has been signed as a true copy of an original then it will be fine. If it's an original, then I wouldn't send it, but keep it and get a certified copy.
The statement of service from your employer does not need to be certified if you are sending the original. My employer gave me several copies with her signature on all of them so that I would have spares.
Hope this helps. Please get back to me if I have misunderstood you.
Good luck with your application.
Claire. x
Old Jun 1st 2005, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

I agree with all that Claire has said!!

Send a certified copy of birth certificate, not the original.

Send original of managers statement. I saved it to disk so I can send an original and still keep it! (if that makes sense)

Paul

PS Chill out. Dont tear your hair out, work through it slowly and be organised. Any questions ...there are loads of people here to help. Good luck.
Old Jun 1st 2005, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

hi, i only had the short birth cetificates for all of us so arranged through the resistrars (births, deaths & marriages) to have 3 certified copies of our full birth certificates to be sent to us. my son's have arrived and they say certified copy on them. so these should not need certifying should they?
it's all rather confusing. it's like my transcript, the uni keep the original copy and send me a copy of that. so really if i have the copy i have copied and certified by a solicitor then reallly they are not certifying that it is a copy of the original, just a copy of a copy! do you see what i mean???

i'm not a happy bunny anyway as my uni have told me it will take over 6 weeks to sort my transcripts out even though and i have to pay them £30 for it. i have arranged for them to send one to WA nurses board and one to me so i can send it with my visa application.

anyway enough moaning, it's got be done!!
Old Jun 1st 2005, 2:22 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hiya,
ther 'certifying' bit is to show dimia that the original has been seen by a designated person (ie a solicitor) and they are certifying the copy to say it is the exact copy of the original.......im sure dimia dont like you sending originals, which is why they need to be copied and then certified as the original!
the certified copys of birth certs are just 'certified' by the registrar of births, marriages and deaths to say it is an exact copy of the original entry into the b/m/d register. Sending them to dimia, you would need to get the phototcopy of the original certified as an exact copy by whoever is certifying your documents.

hope that makes sense?

sue
Old Jun 1st 2005, 3:33 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
just wanted to say im in the same boat - loads of bits of paper and loads of questions!!!!
iv got a headache!! but wanted to send you a hug and keep your chin up, im sure and hope it will be worth it!! im sure this process is only to make sure you really want to go, because if you didnt then you wouldnt go through with all this!!

amanda
Old Jun 1st 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi, i don't have originals of our full birth certifcates, only originals of the short birth certificates. that is why i have ordered full ones and of course they will be copies as there never were originals as our parents only ever had the short birth certificates done. i hope this is not going to be a problem!!
i thought that by getting them from the registrar would be easier as they are authorised to certify such documents so surely these would not then need to be certified again by my solicitor?? maybe i've got it all wrong as i've gone bananananans!!
Old Jun 1st 2005, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

hi, i don't have originals of our full birth certifcates, only originals of the short birth certificates. that is why i have ordered full ones and of course they will be copies as there never were originals as our parents only ever had the short birth certificates done. i hope this is not going to be a problem!!
i thought that by getting them from the registrar would be easier as they are authorised to certify such documents so surely these would not then need to be certified again by my solicitor?? maybe i've got it all wrong as i've gone bananananans!!
If you send them as they are, then you won't have them again for future use. I suggest you photocopy them and get the photocopy certified by a solicitor. You will need your birth certificates again and again therefore I wouldn't send these copies you have from the registrar.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

davepoole has a spectacular aura aboutdavepoole has a spectacular aura aboutdavepoole has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Robbo2
If you send them as they are, then you won't have them again for future use. I suggest you photocopy them and get the photocopy certified by a solicitor. You will need your birth certificates again and again therefore I wouldn't send these copies you have from the registrar.

hi

i got my photocopies certified by a solicitors down the street from the hospital, they only charged £5 for the lot, was well pleased thought it would cost a bundle. all he did was rubber stamp and sign em.

dont panic, i agree with what someone else said just break things down it doesnt seem so over whelming then.

dave
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:03 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

i suppose you could send all the originals....but if you then needed to get replacement birth certs, its another £7 for each one - surely its just easier to photocopy the ones you have now and get them certified as copies by a solicitor and will be a darn sight cheaper than ordering replacement birth certs which you will almost certainly need to do for when you go to aus?

as i said, the registrar only certifies the birth certificate as a true copy of the entry into the register - its not the same as getting a solicitor to certify a document as a true copy of the original
to find out who is allowed to certify the copies, look in booklet 6, under the ''terms you need to know'' section (its in the first couple of pages)....look for 'certified copies'
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf

good luck with it all.....

Last edited by tiredwithtwins; Jun 2nd 2005 at 8:04 am. Reason: to add link to booklet 6!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 2:10 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I am having great difficulty finding someone who can certify my documents. I have tried the magistrates court and county courts in two different towns, and they have told me they are not allowed to do it anymore! I phoned a solicitor, who told me it would be £5 a signature to certify a document as a true copy of the original.....Bloody hell WTF is going on here when some people are able to get the whole lot for a fiver

Does anyone know who else is able to do it, as DIMIA booklet 6 doesn't seem to state this, just that it has to be 'a person or agent recognised by the law of the person's home country'
Old Jun 29th 2005, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

davepoole has a spectacular aura aboutdavepoole has a spectacular aura aboutdavepoole has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Hi,
I am having great difficulty finding someone who can certify my documents. I have tried the magistrates court and county courts in two different towns, and they have told me they are not allowed to do it anymore! I phoned a solicitor, who told me it would be £5 a signature to certify a document as a true copy of the original.....Bloody hell WTF is going on here when some people are able to get the whole lot for a fiver

Does anyone know who else is able to do it, as DIMIA booklet 6 doesn't seem to state this, just that it has to be 'a person or agent recognised by the law of the person's home country'

hi i got mine done at coles miller solicitor, had 5 copies certified and they only charged 5 pounds for the lot, i was expecting topay out loads more.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Hi,

Hi there,
Ring around a few more solicitors and get some more prices. £5 per signature is expensive. Mine charged £1 per signature, and we went along to see him on three different occasions. It came to approx £30 by the time we had got everything signed.
Good luck.
Claire. x
Good luck.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi, i paid £30 for 18 documents to be photcopied and certified. that was with a local solicitor. mind you when i rang to arrange this i did ask if they delt with house sales as i will eventually need a solicitor to deal with this for me. perhaps thats why they did not charge too much as they will be getting my business as well. maybe you could use this line when you ring solicitors and they might do a better price for you. it's worth a try!!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:11 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

I used a solicitor for all my certified docs for QLD, ANMC and DIMIA - 50 pound for the lot - just photocopy them yourself and then they write and sign on them - jusat take all the original docs with you too.

Have heard Justice's of the Peace do not charge - ask your local council for a list of contact names.

Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.