canada(alberta or brithish columbia)

Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:45 am
Just Joined

emmanuel50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default canada(alberta or brithish columbia)

hi guys
i am a qualified mental health nurse in uk. wanting to relocate to canada(alberta or brithish columbia). just want to know which place is more eaier to get job for mental health nurses. i also lent you can not transfer your registration from one place to another. so i really need help before registration. i have one year old son and also want to now about schools and day care. what about ther weather conditions. which one is more cold or hot. what about the accomodation and salaries. or if any one in that area, i will like to contact the person. please healp.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

betty2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: canada(alberta or brithish columbia)

It really depends upon what you want. Currently various employers in BC are actively recruiting UK MH Nurses. Weather conditions here are'nt as severe as Alberta but it rains a lot, the advantage being there is lots of greenery!

Most of the employement in BC is based around the Lower Mainland region i.e Greater Vancouver. As for childcare well, you really would have to check this out yourself. Maybe you should look on a few websites, start with Healthmatch BC and take it from there. Good luck.
Old May 22nd 2009, 4:59 pm
Londonurse

marina is on a distinguished road
Default Re: canada(alberta or brithish columbia)

I agree, it depends on where you want to go and what do you want to do. My husband is RMN and I am an RN. We are in BC. He had a job before we landed with interior health authority. I think it is less busy than in Lower mainland. Since we move here from london, UK, we visited Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary and Edmonton. I personally think we are better off where we are at the moment. You can register in a different province of course, it is not a big deal. But I strongly recommend visiting before relocating. My husband liked it here, I hated it as soon as we moved. And there is so much more to it than you can think of. Check out the website for psych jobs:
http://www.interiorhealth.ca/roomtogrow/default.aspx
good luck