Can I nurse in WA with a Diploma? Minimum work experience

Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

angel659 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I nurse in WA with a Diploma? Minimum work experience

Hi

I looked on the skilled visa and the education requirements was a bachelor degree. Now the UK can nurse with a diploma and I am not sure if WA will accept this as a skilled visa? I dont know if I can get onto the degree course. Due to current qualifications.

How long do I need to be working before I apply?

Many thanks.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:01 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Can I nurse in WA with a Diploma? Minimum work experience

asfar as im aware you will have no problems getting pr on a nursing diploma this is what i have and i am applying to sa, how long u been qualified??
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

angel659 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not qualified yet. I start in September. If there was a problem with a diploma then I was going to change industries all together. For some reason we have to be invited on the course if we hold a NVQ Level 3???

I really want to move out there and if changing industries was going to make it happen then I would of done. I would miss my nursing though. I am pleased I can move out there with a diploma. I think I have been told I needed one years experience. I want to work in ICU in the UK.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:25 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

you can get newly qualified sposorship have va look round the nursing thread plenty about it
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by angel659
Hi

I looked on the skilled visa and the education requirements was a bachelor degree. Now the UK can nurse with a diploma and I am not sure if WA will accept this as a skilled visa? I dont know if I can get onto the degree course. Due to current qualifications.

Many thanks.
Yes. I have a diploma and am registered and working in WA. Lots of nurses from the U.K dont have a degree, it's not a problem.
Tracie
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

butterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nice
Question Re: Can I nurse in WA with a Diploma? Minimum work experience

Originally Posted by angel659
Hi

Many thanks.
hi, i am glad someone else asked that question as i was confused too. I am about to start an access course in september to get onto a nursing course after being a support worker for years and i too would love to emigrate to perth one day, trouble is i am 38yrs now and have 1yr on access course 3yrs on nursing ( if i get in ) then 1yr work experience, really will be pushing it age wise and i know you can go out on a sponsored visa over the age of 45yrs but what is the chances of getting a permanent visa? as an agent told me it was a risky way of doing it, any advice !!!! Donna x
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:15 pm
looking for my marbles

Originally Posted by butterflyprincess
hi, i am glad someone else asked that question as i was confused too. I am about to start an access course in september to get onto a nursing course after being a support worker for years and i too would love to emigrate to perth one day, trouble is i am 38yrs now and have 1yr on access course 3yrs on nursing ( if i get in ) then 1yr work experience, really will be pushing it age wise and i know you can go out on a sponsored visa over the age of 45yrs but what is the chances of getting a permanent visa? as an agent told me it was a risky way of doing it, any advice !!!! Donna x
you could probly get regional or employer sonsorship aged over 45 but not 100% sure. You would definelty get tempory sponsorship and even onto a graduate programme post qualifying!! Other way might be to go to oz and get student spnsorship for nurse training there.. might be worth speaking to an immigration agent.. x
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

butterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
you could probly get regional or employer sonsorship aged over 45 but not 100% sure. You would definelty get tempory sponsorship and even onto a graduate programme post qualifying!! Other way might be to go to oz and get student spnsorship for nurse training there.. might be worth speaking to an immigration agent.. x
hi, thanks, i am going to retrain here i think just was a bit concerned on the time scale but i am sure if you went out on a sponsored visa there must be a chance of permanent visa if there is a shortage of nurses! well trying not to think too much about it just concentrating on one thing at a time, course first, plenty of research should keep me busy too, if its meant to be it will happen xxxx
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:20 pm
looking for my marbles

have u applied yet?? Get your training done and i am sure you will get sponsorship out there no probs x
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
have u applied yet?? Get your training done and i am sure you will get sponsorship out there no probs x
hi, have to do my access course first, which i have applied for and should start in september, i will then apply to the nursing course and hopefully it will be fairly straightforward for me to get onto it, not sure how many palces there are or how easy it is to get onto, thanks for the advice xxxDonna
Old Feb 9th 2008, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

cbriggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Can I nurse in WA with a Diploma? Minimum work experience

hi,

I have recently just qualified with an Advanced Diploma in Clinical nursing- mental health and will be sponsored to work in Western Australia. From this I think you will also be OK, is yours an advanced diploma? Probably best to check with the department of immigration. hope this helps