can anyone help me regarding AHPRA?

Old Nov 11th 2015, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Sheila1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can anyone help me regarding AHPRA?

I am new to this site - I am currently a registered mental health nurse (diploma) in Scotland 10yrs experience. My husband, daughter and I are looking to move to Australia next year. However are undecided Melbourne or Perth. Do I need to know where we intend to live before applying to AHPRA?
Would be really grateful if anyone could help.

Thank you
Old Nov 11th 2015, 7:27 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can anyone help me regarding AHPRA?

Originally Posted by Sheila1979
I am new to this site - I am currently a registered mental health nurse (diploma) in Scotland 10yrs experience. My husband, daughter and I are looking to move to Australia next year. However are undecided Melbourne or Perth. Do I need to know where we intend to live before applying to AHPRA?

Thank you
You will find it difficult to get registration if you are not degree qualified.....you now need either a degree or what AHPRA consider to be equivalent.

Sort that out first before worrying about where to live
Old Nov 11th 2015, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Sheila1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for replying. I am hoping that I will be equivalent, the info I have been reading I think I would have to do 12 months supervised. I have been looking at the application form and it asks for an address in principal but not sure of where we would be wanting to live
Old Nov 11th 2015, 7:50 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for replying. I am hoping that I will be equivalent, the info I have been reading I think I would have to do 12 months supervised. I have been looking at the application form and it asks for an address in principal but not sure of where we would be wanting to live
I have never heard of the 12 months supervison for non graduates....that is for new graduate nurses with a degree.
There have been many post on this forum about the new AHPRA requirements and a lot of nurses have given up or been turned down.

Only AHPRA can decide if your training and experience are equivalent but generally a degree is now considered necessary. You will only find out if you apply but you may need more training.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

This is simply your current UK home address. I would do some more research on if you can register, from what I have read you need a degree or you need to top up to one, but i've not researched this area a lot.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

ZULU2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
Hi thre I think it will be wise to consider topping up your diploma to degree someone did that on the forum thy get approved